HWBOT Community Forums

The Official GALAX GOC 2016 Worldwide Qualifier support thread

Massman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Send the request for the oc pack to me or Christian Ney, we will give a heads up here when it is ready to be distributed or things change.

On the memory, I see no problem with the old gen E-die, if I have doubts about legitimacy and ask for invoice, I am sure you will have it ready. ES is different though, see above

Edit Do you have retails from last year or was this a sample question only, Alva?

Edited by websmile

Send the request for the oc pack to me or Christian Ney, we will give a heads up here when it is ready to be distributed or things change.

Ok will do ;)

On the memory, I see no problem with the old gen E-die, if I have doubts about legitimacy and ask for invoice, I am sure you will have it ready. ES is different though, see above

Edit Do you have retails from last year or was this a sample question only, Alva?

IIRC every GOC 2015 finalist is given a 4000c19 HOF kit (of 4 sticks), I don't know if its considered ES or retail. But as Bullshooter pointed out above, if it's ES then it's probably won't be able to be used then :)

• Administrators

ES is not allowed, and we want to see spd and can ask for invoice as stated in the rules. This does not only refer to the e-die special sticks from last years, also benchers who received Galax B-die samples had to buy retails to use for qualifier, I know this first hand from at least two possible participants. So this is no random rule that hits only the 2015 finals sticks, it is clear rule for all ES sticks :)

Hmm, cpu freq is limited to 6003 MHz. Which is fine for 32M, but I'm not sure about the fire strikes. If we set 60x100 we will see at least 6003 in sysinfo, but it is very likely to be higher now and then. Especially for 3d11 physics this is a problem as you can't see reported speed until you upload file...

Maybe frequency limit should be slightly higher?

• Administrators

Cough, we went for 6003 instead of 6000 flat because of fluctuation. The problem that people will always aim for limit will not be changed by exceeding clock range, also the fluctuation problem will not be solved. If we use 6005 or 6010, people will set 100,1/100,125 or 100,2 and have same problem. We discussed this with Mad Tse and 6003 is OK

I ran some tests. Sysinfo doesn't report highest fluctuation so 6003 should be fine.

One more thing, rules do not say that we have to use galax 1060 for physics and 32M so I assume any vga is ok here? 1060 would probably not be good for 32m because there is no XP support as far as I know...