HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Leeghoofd

15 hours ago, suzuki said:

Omg how many things you guys can find. If a frog would be disected in here would turn out to be with 6 fck legs :)).

I guess common sense let’s you submit only one score per 775 ,no matter ddr2 or ddr3,why would you think otherwise ?

Next question would be if  you could split it by chipsets (p35/p45/x38/x48/g31 etc).

you did well to take the example of the frog :D

4 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

Well no it's not because Fermi is 400/500, Kepler 600/700 etc etc

/ah right indeed forgot about the 600/700 thing. in any event must be by card series 6xx/7xx/9xx/10xx/20xx though because that is how the hwbot database is setup and I don't think cards under 6xx can even run TS Extreme, i know my 780 Ti was barely able to do it and basically all textures were just glitches due to not having enough VRAM to run the bench properly.. 

in related news it looks like that same stage is miss configured because our team (USA) now has 4/5 subs and two of them that are counting are 10xx series cards so something to look into when you get time @Leeghoofd

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Frito11 said:

/ah right indeed forgot about the 600/700 thing. in any event must be by card series 6xx/7xx/9xx/10xx/20xx though because that is how the hwbot database is setup and I don't think cards under 6xx can even run TS Extreme, i know my 780 Ti was barely able to do it and basically all textures were just glitches due to not having enough VRAM to run the bench properly.. 

in related news it looks like that same stage is miss configured because our team (USA) now has 4/5 subs and two of them that are counting are 10xx series cards so something to look into when you get time @Leeghoofd

Fermi technically has DX12 "support", in the sense it's been grafted onto the damn thing, however, the regular time spy is already a slideshow. Obviously not going to be optimal with the comp anyway...

11 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

nope only server hardware for the single core stage

we are looking into the Timespy Extreme stage, maybe lower it also to normal Timespy? Sory for any inconvenience

why is the Xeon L3014 authorized when it is so hard to find, whilst opetrons 1xx-2xx are readily available ...? (I am not talking about cpu servers xeon with 8+ cores fighting against amd and intel current products, but old amds with 1 or 2 cores...)

I think it deserves a poll, and I am sure the majority will want the Xeon L3014 out of the competition....

Edited by bolc

5 hours ago, bolc said:

why is the Xeon L3014 authorized when it is so hard to find, whilst opetrons 1xx-2xx are readily available ...? (I am not talking about cpu servers xeon with 8+ cores fighting against amd and intel current products, but old amds with 1 or 2 cores...)

I think it deserves a poll, and I am sure the majority will want the Xeon L3014 out of the competition....

I think without the L3014 that stage wouldn't be. But I agree that all server hw that has similar specs to desktop chips (intel pre lga 2011, AMD s939, etc) should be allowed.

well you have pentium 4 6x1, g465/g470, sempron 145/150, with much closer scores and all much more available than the L3014 (which, not only is rare but scores much faster...).

there are 8 frequency scores and 8 gpupi 1b scores for L3014. this is ridiculously low. was exclusive stage 3 written for those people.....?  :D

Edited by bolc

1 hour ago, bolc said:

well you have pentium 4 6x1, g465/g470, sempron 145/150, with much closer scores and all much more available than the L3014 (which, not only is rare but scores much faster...).

there are 8 frequency scores and 8 gpupi 1b scores for L3014. this is ridiculously low. was exclusive stage 3 written for those people.....?  :D

Not sure about others, but I have an l3014 that I haven't had time to mess with because of other projects and competitions. So this stage is a good opportunity for those who haven't had a chance to bench their chips to go for some 1c globals. They're not rare, just pricey for fake internet pts (until you consider the cost of literally any other globals excluding XTU and X265)

Edited by yosarianilives
  • Confused 1

hi all.
sorry if this has already been covered... but are sockets 1151 based on chipset 1xx 2xx and 3xx all considered to be the same and unique, for cpu stages 1 ,2 etc ?
i d think 1xx and 2xx as 1151 v1 and 3xx aa 1151 v2, but when you submit 7700k and 8700k, only the best remains. hence I suppose you adopted the POV of a unique 1151 socket ?
thanks

Edited by bolc