HWBOT Community Forums

The Official Country Cup 2018 thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew
10 hours ago, mickulty said:

Sounds like a good name for a competition running january-march with the same stages as team cup but 1 sub per stage rather than 3

More seriously - where does the Fiji-based Radeon Pro Duo sit for the dual-GPU stage?  It was released with a choice between gaming and workstation drivers and certainly was sold at retail but I'm not sure about global availability - IMO it's the same kind of rare half-retail as the Titan Z.  There was also a Polaris-based pro duo which I'd argue is a pure workstation card.

Polaris Pro Duo is pure workstation, no argument needed there, Fiji Pro Duo is a mix of both but also hard to find and if you do it's quite pricy so up to the higher powers if they allow that one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Would Socket 771:

1. be allowed for the reference frequency stage?
  2. be classified as a separate socket to 775?
  3. be allowed in 775 boards via adapters?

Suggestion: based on the principle of consumer hardware only, 771 should be allowed but only the Skulltrail D5400XS with QX9775s

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi all,

I am wondering whether this was ever thought or not, and if that could be implemented...

for competitions such as the current team cup, a valid link is often necessary for 3dmark products, for instance for 3d11 performance, 3d11 extreme, fire strike normal, ultra, extreme, time spy, etc

I do not hold valid keys for some of those and find prohibitive, not to say something else, to buy all the necessary keys to post one score I may never bench ever again... for instance 3d11 extreme, I never do that one but for the cup, stage 7 ddr3 requires it.

my question comes here: since hwbot calls for validation links, would it not be an option, and somewhat desired, to have at hand temporary licensed keys offered by 3dmark, for the time of the competition  and getting invalid as soon as it ends, to benchers that participate ?

Cheers

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Crew

4 hours ago, Luebke said:

just to clarify: 1151v1 and 1151v2 are same or different sockets for cc-stages?

Different sockets yes, similar to AM3/AM3+, I will increase the nr of subs in this stage to at least 8 looking at the comments, I wanted to avoid Intel domination and benching on a single motherboard type for at least 3 gens ?

Gosh, not this discusion again/ I see it this way: we bench thousands of euro hardware but don't want to buy a xx euro licence ? I bought the entire UL 3DSuite for less than 20 euros last week. Be creative... I know you can

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Different sockets yes, similar to AM3/AM3+, I will increase the nr of subs in this stage to at least 8 looking at the comments, I wanted to avoid Intel domination and benching on a single motherboard type for at least 3 gens ?

So then I assume that am2/+ is also considered a single socket? And server socket is allowed?

17 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Gosh, not this discusion again/ I see it this way: we bench thousands of euro hardware but don't want to buy a xx euro licence ? I bought the entire UL 3DSuite for less than 20 euros last week. Be creative... I know you can

Hi, sorry but if i not misunderstanding, 1151v1(z170) and 1151v2(z270 z370 z390) 

is considered different socket, but modded motherboard/cpu that can run across different socket and chipset is allowed ? (Example: z170 mocf m9a modded for coffee lake, or 8700k/7700k that can run on different socket)

Sorry for bothering you, it’s just for understand all well ?

17 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

I know you can get those licenses for 20 on steam or what not. but add to 3D licenses those for gb3, gb4, pcmark, etc. add the dice or ln2 for extreme users.
the hardware can cost a lot more but some here don t buy new hardware and may not loose money on it after reselling.

others break hardware torturing it, and I guess that s why they are in the top 100, being pro or semi-pro holding 3x gtx 2080 they didn t pay. some others may not.

we make use of the software not so much because we want to (although I love spi32m, cbr15 and x265 for instance ;)), but because you require it.
of course 3D bench softwares require(d) a lot much more efforts to make than y-cruncher, hwbot prime, super pi, wprim etc, which I am sure went through a lot of hard work anyways.

although the authors of 3D benchs surely have lots of merit and skills, for enthusiasts, which are 99% of the crowd here, buying licenses they may use only a few times does not seem "realistic".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ilpingu said:

Hi, sorry but if i not misunderstanding, 1151v1(z170) and 1151v2(z270 z370 z390) 

is considered different socket, but modded motherboard/cpu that can run across different socket and chipset is allowed ? (Example: z170 mocf m9a modded for coffee lake, or 8700k/7700k that can run on different socket)

Sorry for bothering you, it’s just for understand all well ?

1151v1 is z170 and 270 (6700k, 7700k), 1151v2 is z370/390 (8700k)

and using same board for 7700k and 8700k will imho be ok, because it´s same as AM3+: you can bench p II and FX on same platform while them belong to different sockets (AM3 and AM3+) but fits at the same boards, right?

Cpu will not be an issue, board reference frequency by socket is mobo socket. So if you set reference frequency on crosshair v it is am3+ whether there is am3 cpu or am3+ cpu inside. If you set ref clock on crosshair iv it is am3 even if you use am3+ cpu on it. That said I like the idea that was mentioned earlier to consider am2/+, am3/+, and all lga 1151 as single sockets as it would be silly to have the lineup be something like Maximus x AND maximus ix, or crosshair iv AND v, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...