HWBOT Community Forums

The official Challenger 2019 Division VI round 1 AMD legacy thread.

The_Silver

This whole monitoring doesn't do much, except showing min/max temperature and min/max core clock at the time of taking the screenshot, basically displaying values in a finite period of time, which doesn't necessary match the time frame when the bench was running. So in other words, it doesn't really prevent cheating, unless it's obvious from the screenshot.

I guess everyone is playing fair, but that just came up in my mind.

• Like 1

• Members
1 hour ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

This whole monitoring doesn't do much, except showing min/max temperature and min/max core clock at the time of taking the screenshot, basically displaying values in a finite period of time, which doesn't necessary match the time frame when the bench was running. So in other words, it doesn't really prevent cheating, unless it's obvious from the screenshot.

Most of hwbot is based on trust, and the basis that the majority will play fair, overall it seems to work, so whilst you're not wrong, it's not a major issue in my mind :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Using my last sub as an example, I ran HWinfo and you'll note there is a "Clock" in the proggy's window with a time right next to it. That tells you how long the program has been monitoring the system and it would have to be for a longer amount of time than the bench result to be valid, mine shows about 35 seconds longer than what the bench itself ran for.

All I did was set everything up for Super PI with the bench already opened and ready to go, the very last thing I did was to open up the monitoring program before hitting "Start" for the bench. After the run was done, just opened up my CPU-Z's and took the shot.

E-Z-P-Z.

9590 Comp.jpg

• Thanks 3

• Crew
19 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Well we can open up the AMD Legacy stage too maybe for single CPU server CPU setups.

What do you guys think?

If it gets more people benching and the sockets used are the same as what's listed in the rules then I'm for it :)

Sorry if anyone interpreted my post the wrong way, it wasn't anything personal. It was totally unrelated to any score posted or any other post in the thread. 

@Bullant Your efficiency is pretty good. I have improved my score at same settings on new OS, still have to drop a second, but my good 1090T died. Will try the other one later.

I can't force hwinfo to read core temps from my 960T + Cr4E so I used a sempron. :D Wich has good temp sensor reading but still writes 960T. :) I think with a 4500mhz core clock limit, we shouldn't be so strict with temps. Cpu ihs temp usually exists even in unlocked situations. Or simply leave temp restricition ? Don't think any type of cpus needs subzero cooling to reach 4500 mhz, however X6 phenoms will be chilled below zero I guess if restriction obsolete. :P

How can I adjust affinity for hwinfo on a sempron 145 ? :DDDD

Edited by Alpi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, Bones said:

Using my last sub as an example, I ran HWinfo and you'll note there is a "Clock" in the proggy's window with a time right next to it. That tells you how long the program has been monitoring the system and it would have to be for a longer amount of time than the bench result to be valid, mine shows about 35 seconds longer than what the bench itself ran for.

9590 Comp.jpg

I generally don't want to give cheaters any idea but I think it's pretty obvious how to get around this: 

1. Complete bench at whatever temps/clocks you want
  2. Set competition legal temps and clocks
  3. open monitoring and add some bullshit CPU load like another Superpi so the CPU utilisation stats look fine
  4. Let monitoring run for the amount of time the bench ran for + 35 secs or whatever
  5. Close the second Superpi and take your screenshot
  6. Profit $$
Edited by unityofsaints

On 3/9/2019 at 10:24 PM, Bullant said:

Little vid I did, all pretty much same stuff as my current run Ive uploaded.....failed at loop 9 but can check my current run its pretty much same efficiency. I have nothing to hide and will post video if asked on anything :)

lovely cpu, board temps bully , especially at 24 c ambient

Btw, what is the temperature sensor we're not allowed to drop under 0?

Because it's physically impossible that my CPU is at 1-2°C when the chiller is set to e.g. 10°C.

Real CPU temperature is like 3-4°C higher, which in my case is temp sensor #2 and #3:

Is it ok if I use HWInfo which e.g. doesn't show that "Core #1 - #2" temperature, but something else (have to test first what it shows)?

image_id_2166353.jpeg

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

There's not much difference between "ambient" or current situation with temp set at 10°C on chiller. It still can boot those clocks, but the lower temperature helps stabilize 3.6GHz uncore.

What would help though is if I drop the "real" temperature to e.g. 2-3°C, which might actually help up the CPU-NB one notch.

I can control it down to 3°C (with a step of 1°C) which is the minimum of the chiller. From that point going down is "full-on" mode with bypassing the temp sensor of the chiller.

So, by design, I still would fit in the competition restrictions, unless I override it manually. That's why I asked if it is ok to use HWInfo in case it shows something else (like on Bones' screenshot). He's using a FX, though.

I completely understand the sensors are not reliable, plus there is difference in motherboards implementations as well.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

1 hour ago, 033Y5 said:

surely using a chiller is not positive ambient temps

if your forcing the temps down with a chiller is that still classed as ambient? 

There are enough people with rads in buckets of ice or hidden chillers that they would pass as ambient cooling that it's easier to say positive temps instead of saying a specific cooling method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1