HWBOT Community Forums

Xeon usage in Challenger Intel legacy Round

Leeghoofd

Xeons (single CPU) allowed in Challenger Round 1  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Whcih Xeon CPUs do we allow

• All Xeons allowed ( LGA 775, 1366, 2011 )
    • Xeons allowed of LGA775 & 1366
    • Xeons allowed of LGA775

This poll is closed to new votes

allowing 2011 for div7 would mean that div7 becomes a 6 cores 2011 series...

or the frequency limit should have been set higher such that 6 cores 2011 cannot reach what haswells can.

775, what s the pt of having 775 in there ? 1366 why not since they may compete while not being able to reach 4.7

Edited by bolc

• Crew

Well you look at it wrongly Bolc... participating is not the same as I want to win the Division, I wanted it to be open too many so you can have fun without the need for LN2 or other exotic cooling.

So we allow Xeons for  up to LGA1366 (what the poll was about), but not on  LGA2011

Socket wise no issues with X79 or such, efficiency on the newer sockets seems superior (so far)

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Well you look at it wrongly Bolc... participating is not the same as I want to win the Division, I wanted it to be open too many so you can have fun without the need for LN2 or other exotic cooling.

So we allow Xeons for  up to LGA1366 (what the poll was about), but not on  LGA2011

Socket wise no issues with X79 or such, efficiency on the newer sockets seems superior (so far)

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/Challenger 2019 Division VII round 1 2019

the rules state no HEDT i7, isn't it ? "the processor choice is limited to Core i7 series (non-HEDT)." aren't 2011 and 2011-3 cpus considered High End Desktop

omg, you copy pasted from the Division 1 and haven t changed the text?

EDIT: a 5960x (haswell-e, socket 2011-3), are you  this is allowed ?  nope, 2011-3 is older.

A list of chipset would be so much easier :o:D

Edited by bolc

3 hours ago, bolc said:

allowing 2011 for div7 would mean that div7 becomes a 6 cores 2011 series...

or the frequency limit should have been set higher such that 6 cores 2011 cannot reach what haswells can.

They don't win every stage, for example pretty sure that haswell will still kick x79's ass in x265 even with a core disadvantage, also ivy is more likely to outclock haswell if anything.

• Like 1