HWBOT Community Forums

Challengers 2019 Round 2 proposal:

Leeghoofd

Riiiiiight. I'm always sitting out of comps that make me work. LOL - come on Leeghoofd - it's perfectly normal to want the easier path and usually one does not even know which path that may be unless they've gone down the more tedious one. I will take part in round 2 with the same energy I've put into every competition since joining the bot.

Enforcing stock coolers will be impossible. Go with lowest temp in idle instead. Everything else can be cheated (too easily).

I might play this round, hope it will be proper 3D and no legacy benchmarks since it was cpu last round. Or you will limit cpu for pro also?

i have a problem with hwinfo. it's not working with all 4 windows 7  installations i have, asks for update kb3033929 and when i try to install the same system says i don't need the update. so it's not working. 

hwinfo is working fine with xp, windows 10, windows 8.1

here is the screenshot.

error2.PNG

12 hours ago, ksateaaa23 said:

i have a problem with hwinfo. it's not working with all 4 windows 7  installations i have, asks for update kb3033929 and when i try to install the same system says i don't need the update. so it's not working. 

hwinfo is working fine with xp, windows 10, windows 8.1

here is the screenshot.

error2.PNG

This definitely works mate. Reboot, close everything, make sure the windows update service is started, and try again. I've installed that update many times on Win 7 Ultimate SP1.

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Like 1

• Crew
On 4/23/2019 at 5:30 AM, Leeghoofd said:

I think we can ditch the CPU temps for this, we  just need CPU MHz verification and GPU-Z with extra sensor tab displayed to highllight the GPU temps

Might need to change the wording around to reflect this.
image.png.ed51686e05c661504305fc8ef6fe5153.png

Currently the way this reads is the CPU is limited to positive temps but the GPU isn't.
Also no mention of highlighting GPU temps viz GPU-Z as well.

Just don't want people potentially misunderstanding :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

This definitely works mate. Reboot, close everything, make sure the windows update service is started, and try again. I've installed that update many times on Win 7 Ultimate SP1.

i had the same doubt, so i enabled windows update(automatic) and also enabled in services. still couldn't get it working. actually out of 4 os, two are without sp1, which is a prerequisite for installing kb3033929. something is broken with my ultimate sp1 & home premium sp1.

i had another os in my office which is in dual boot with windows 8., windows professional sp1, windows update disabled, yet kb3033929 perfectly installed and HWINFO working perfectly.

have to install os fresh to fix it or clone it to start participating in ROUND 2.

error3.PNG

8 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

enabling windows update and get automatic update to update to sp1 and then install kb3033929. is the easiest fix. installed it on one of os which is not having sp1 through automatic update.

only thing is i have to activate in 3 days now/ again i have to use REMOVE WAT.

fix.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Why is everybody showing max GPU temp?

Should be showing min GPU temp. I see chilled setups in rig pics and max GPU temps in the 20-30c range. That suggests below 0 min GPU temp to start with.

Should have stuck to your guns and left it air only. 

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 1