HWBOT Community Forums

Cheapaz Chips 3 - Rules Clarification

Ardamir

Hello guys, Ardamir here, a novice OC'er. This will be the first competition I'm taking part in, so I have a question about the rules. All is pretty clear, except this one part. "All results are the Graphics Score not the total". Clearly this concerns the 3DMark Benchmarks, since only they give a standalone graphics score, along with the others. Now everything seems fine in 3DMark11 and 3DMark (Skydiver), until you look at 3DMark06. 3DMark06 doesn't really have a Graphics Score section since it differentiates the scores in SM2.0, HDR/SM3.0 and CPU. Ok, so we're definately not submitting the CPU one, but what about the other 2? They both express graphics scores but can't be summed up in any way by the benchmark. So, in the end, what are we submitting for 3DMark06? Can we get a mod here to clarify? Well, here's me hoping that you don't submit the total score, cause my R5 1400 can't really compete on physics with the 5GHz Intel chips.... P.S Sorry if my english is not great at some points, not my first language.
  • Like 1

[quote]

Only hd 5450 or all gpu based on Cedar can be used?

[/quote] All Cedar GPU's. Essentially its the same chip as the one on the 5450 though, I checked it. Here is a list of the Chedar chips. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/amd-cedar.g113

On 4/15/2019 at 4:50 PM, Ardamir said:

Hello guys, Ardamir here, a novice OC'er. This will be the first competition I'm taking part in, so I have a question about the rules. All is pretty clear, except this one part. "All results are the Graphics Score not the total". Clearly this concerns the 3DMark Benchmarks, since only they give a standalone graphics score, along with the others. Now everything seems fine in 3DMark11 and 3DMark (Skydiver), until you look at 3DMark06. 3DMark06 doesn't really have a Graphics Score section since it differentiates the scores in SM2.0, HDR/SM3.0 and CPU. Ok, so we're definately not submitting the CPU one, but what about the other 2? They both express graphics scores but can't be summed up in any way by the benchmark. So, in the end, what are we submitting for 3DMark06? Can we get a mod here to clarify? Well, here's me hoping that you don't submit the total score, cause my R5 1400 can't really compete on physics with the 5GHz Intel chips.... P.S Sorry if my english is not great at some points, not my first language.

Until the judges clarify it seems that people are subbing the total score, you'll be at  disavantage with your 1400 but the gpu is very weak and still holds the score back a whole lot

Leeghoofd replied this to my PM and I thought I should share it here. "talked to George we go for the graphics score, only 3DMark06 is total score, due to the issues you mentioned" Thanks to everyone for helping out with that issue!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Honestly, don't know what sandbagging means in this context so help me out.

did you mean douche bag?

Waiting until the last minute to drop scores so that people don't know that they need to rebench is a tried and true tactic for benching. Is it in good sportsmanship? Probably not. Is it allowed? Definitely.

• Thanks 1

Yep - that's exactly what I was talking about. So Sandbag = Douchebag. Good to know. If I was macsbeach98 I would be especially pissed off since clearly if there had been any time left he could've resubmitted and taken the lead.

Anyways, as you said - it's allowed (I can't think of a way you could stop it) but it certainly isn't respectable.

18 minutes ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

If I was macsbeach98 I would be especially pissed off since clearly if there had been any time left he could've resubmitted and taken the lead.

Not likely.

Pete doesn't hold back. I guaranty that his final subs were the best he could do.

The pile of dead cards he had for this contest was incredible BTW.

Sandbagging is a given. Everybody with half a brain knows that going in, so it is what it is.

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Yep - that's exactly what I was talking about. So Sandbag = Douchebag. Good to know. If I was macsbeach98 I would be especially pissed off since clearly if there had been any time left he could've resubmitted and taken the lead.

Anyways, as you said - it's allowed (I can't think of a way you could stop it) but it certainly isn't respectable.

you must be new around these parts.

LOD @ co....  no alteration ....was the rules from original yes ? seems to me looking at this it has been, but im no expert , would this be looked into please ?

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/36551674

• Benchmark tessellation load modified by AMD Catalyst driver, result invalid. Check your video driver settings. (What is this?)
Edited by ozzie

I killed my HD5450 preparing the mem vmod….so no better score.

Sandbagging is allowed, no problem about that. If I know I have better scores I can wait last minute to sub, like many people do; if I have not, it doesn't matter. For sure it is not so smart to wait last comp day to rebench because someone put better scores.

My thought: no sandbagginng? So need to make Q1 Q2 Q3 like formula 1 or similar, but I think this is not a good solution

11 minutes ago, The_Silver said:

I spent a lot of time finding the drivers and windows to optimize for each bench and in one screen you will have seen my work... that's the reason for my sandbag!!

Good job was that a genuine MSI card and not a Lenovo OEM card which were made by MSI?

Your mem speed is good.

• Members

Everybody chill :) Sandbagging is part of 'the game' I don't like it but its not against the rules.

Went through Sky Diver this morning, mostly good scores, couple of invalid links/missing CPUz tabs :(

Will try to go through the rest later today/tomorrow.