HWBOT Community Forums

Team Cup benchmark ideas

So apparently these threads are in vogue now so imma hop on the bandwagon, especially since there's actually more reason for team cup planning this part of the year than country cup. From the sound of it the stages for TC haven't been fully planned yet, and with it starting in July thought we could give the mods some help. So what stages would ya'll like to see? I know personally I'd love AMD 32m on basically any 64bit arch (plz no bobcat but jaguar is k.

Edited by yosarianilives

• Administrators

XTU the new version, bugbench and more benchmarks which haven´t had maintenance or updates for 5 years or more and have artificial point calculation based on baselines set 10 years ago so we can have fun with bugged results

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Crew
6 minutes ago, websmile said:

XTU the new version, bugbench and more benchmarks which haven´t had maintenance or updates for 5 years or more and have artificial point calculation based on baselines set 10 years ago so we can have fun with bugged results

release Q1 2020 ?

5 hours ago, websmile said:

HWbot Bugfest 2019 Edition!

The comp where it's the bigger the bug , the bigger the score! ?

• Haha 3

Generally, I would support Xeons and opterons being allowed as long as their corecounts don't exceed the non-xeons corecounts. 
If anyone has ideas that add to these, please do so - these are just some basic ideas I'm throwing in the discussion. Here are a couple ideas I have:

One sub for each DDR generation (4 subs each, DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4):

• Max % over stock frequency
  • memory frequency AMD only (alternatively memory frequency, all but optimal platforms (so no 1151(v2), 1150, 775, 939 or at a maximum CL)
  • hwbot prime 30 minutes/corecount

DDR3 2d:

• LGA 1156 Geekbench 3 Single Core
  • LGA 1366 x265 4c 45nm/4c32nm/6c32nm (or something else that gives 45nm stuff a usecase in TC - its kinda hard since 32nm is so much stronger usually)
  • AM3 R15 odd corecounts only (3 scores)

Edited by ground1556
  • Like 4

I like a similar format to the last couple of years 8 stages 3 subs a stage for DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 the actual benches and systems I will leave upto you lot for now.

I would prefer it to start at the start of August too like last year.

Edited by macsbeach98
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

Like Intel for 3D?

You mean intel igp or intel cpu? :P 

But piggy backing on this I'd like to see intel igp, but specific gens of intel igp so it doesn't end up always being just the most recent chips/hades canyon NUC. So say intel lga 1155 igp, or I'd really like to see some intel gma graphics (lets make people suffer ?) although that's because I've already done the research to finally figure out how OC works on those.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:00 AM, macsbeach98 said:

I like a similar format to the last couple of years 8 stages 3 subs a stage for DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 the actual benches and systems I will leave upto you lot for now.

I second this!!  It was a very good way to organize the huge comp...

Please bring back DDR1/2/3/4 frequency validation as one of the stages

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

how bout this as suggestion as a wallpaper background, it represents all the countries that will compete, "i think", you blokes can put what ever else needed on it as you see fit, i dont know how to do that stuff, or this even for something a little different from the past backgrounds weve had over the years

2523859aa839a81ca912c155c0b45956.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ozzie said:

how bout this as suggestion as a wallpaper background, it represents all the countries that will compete, "i think", you blokes can put what ever else needed on it as you see fit, i dont know how to do that stuff, or this even for something a little different from the past backgrounds weve had over the years

2523859aa839a81ca912c155c0b45956.jpg

Wrong team comp mate

no its not unity, its a suggestion for a background for the teams cup for this year, not a country cup lol, it was for all the countries that will be in it, you blokes dont have to bother , you only do country cup, yas aint good enough for the teams cup comp ?

Edited by ozzie
  • Haha 1

why , coz splave suggested it ?

theres a damn poll on here for everything else , lets have 1 for this as well

its 2019 now, lets let the community decide, seems they have a say in the rules of comps what "they " want as well

but not many seem to want to be part of the background for the teams cup, whatever is decided on then fine, ill run with it regardless  

something a bit different from "the old" is all im talking about

oh shit,  my mistake, so sorry,  forgot he was an asus sponsored fan boy , how dare i, how silly of me !!!!! 

Edited by ozzie