HWBOT Community Forums

Is Enthusiast League still any fun?

ADVenturePO

Thank You :)

I was more referring to 25 or 50 points for have the fastest Air Cooled, AIO, Ect, Ect i7 8700k/8086k in SuperPi, PiFast, CB-11.5/15/20. Currently It's (Here's a Cookie) a thank you for your submission BUT being 1st with the lowest score does not count (He He/Ha Ha). The hard part is making sure that each category stays within X c/f temp.

3 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

Thank You :)

I was more referring to 25 or 50 points for have the fastest Air Cooled, AIO, Ect, Ect i7 8700k/8086k in SuperPi, PiFast, CB-11.5/15/20. Currently It's (Here's a Cookie) a thank you for your submission BUT being 1st with the lowest score does not count (He He/Ha Ha). The hard part is making sure that each category stays within X c/f temp.

That will cause even more cheating than there currently is right now. I could sub my cascade as dice or SS and have it is the next room and then have another system "running" for video proof and it would be almost impossible to tell. Unless the mods are going to be flying out to watch every bench session having cooling categories based points is not a good idea. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mythical tech said:

That will cause even more cheating than there currently is right now. I could sub my cascade as dice or SS and have it is the next room and then have another system "running" for video proof and it would be almost impossible to tell. Unless the mods are going to be flying out to watch every bench session having cooling categories based points is not a good idea. 

This enthusiast league is a joke Imho because few bad apples spoil the batch. Before moving up to apprentice I considered trying to get 1st in enthusiast and scrapped that idea because somebody could just cheat their cooling and be impossible to prove. 

• Thanks 1

• Members

You can choose the cooling if you want to only check enthusiast scores. Just select the cooling at the top of the table as shown above.

If you're wanting seperate points pools then I'd anybody thinks people cheating with their cooling is bad now it would become 100 times worse in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Wouldn't that involve shifting team points from the inactive members to the active members (where appropriate) to make it representative?

It's a fair point, that sounds like a lot of coding a server workload troubles that probably wouldn't make it worth it.

We could just simplify things and simply not include inactive members and keep the points where they are, or alternatively a seasonal ranking for teams seems like a better idea honestly. If activity is the main concern then nothing really shows how active you are better than the seasonal rankings.

Truth be told there is no perfect system although an active team member leaderboard does make things more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2019 at 8:32 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Ow and who's exactly sponsored according you guys? The Top 10 of Elite ? Some others are reviewers, that just post scores with ES samples. So that changes nearly nothing. if we put these peeps in a seperate class. If there are sponsored OCers in enthusiast than these should be honest and move themsleves to Elite

Thing is we hope to make a big announcement soon about the future HWBot and some stuff will be altered and more important fixed

One of my working points witll be providing points to everybody iso doing a cutoff at a certain percentage, but its too early days.... till then we have to sit and wait the outcome of current discussions....

I don't want to buy subzero cooling but like to OC and like to compare my scores against other ambient scores. Sometimes it's interesting to see subzero scores too. Points and leagues are not really interesting for me, because i will only bench what i want and when i want. As long as there are points, there are spam submissions that no one is interested in, just for the sake of someone getting some points. Those are, what annoys me most about hwbot.

I would find it very useful to be able to filter scores by ambient/not ambient. Don't care if there are separate point systems, but it would be nice if hwbot could display an ambient ranking table. I think that's a compromise, even the most hardcore LN2 addict can live with.

cheers

1 minute ago, mirco69 said:

I don't want to buy subzero cooling but like to OC and like to compare my scores against other ambient scores. Sometimes it's interesting to see subzero scores too. Points and leagues are not really interesting for me, because i will only bench what i want and when i want. As long as there are points, there are spam submissions that no one is interested in, just for the sake of someone getting some points. Those are, what annoys me most about hwbot.

I would find it very useful to be able to filter scores by ambient/not ambient. Don't care if there are separate point systems, but it would be nice if hwbot could display an ambient ranking table. I think that's a compromise, even the most hardcore LN2 addict can live with.

cheers

You can already sort by cooling type 

• Crew

Ambient for one is -15°C , other side of the world they have 25°C. Is that a fair comparison ? Might be perfectly fine for you, but annoys someone else...

Air cooler is an air cooler, water is water, chilled water is cooling to go below ambient temps (whatever they might be),...

We have done this discussion thousands of times, there's no perfect solution.  

• Like 1