HWBOT Community Forums

Is Enthusiast League still any fun?

ADVenturePO

• Crew

That's your way of interpretation... and it will not be correct for many... believe me...

So my room ambient is 21°C, my setup is inside but my radiator is outside at -15°c... Ambient temp or not ? How to judge?

Overclockers will bend rules to get any advantage.... it will never work as not everyone plays nice

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Come on people, ambient = room ambient. Not external ambient - that doesn't make any sense. No-one will voluntarily have a -20C room which they have to live in. :P

Actually that's exactly what I did when I started out benching. A bunch of my Socket 478 scores on water are done in winter, at night, with the window wide open in my room. Ambient probably about - 5c in my room. Even in Wales we don't get the chilly - 20c I dreamed of. 

On 3/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, Leeghoofd said:

That's your way of interpretation... and it will not be correct for many... believe me...

So my room ambient is 21°C, my setup is inside but my radiator is outside at -15°c... Ambient temp or not ? How to judge?

Overclockers will bend rules to get any advantage.... it will never work as not everyone plays nice

On 3/27/2020 at 12:21 AM, ObscureParadox said:

Actually that's exactly what I did when I started out benching. A bunch of my Socket 478 scores on water are done in winter, at night, with the window wide open in my room. Ambient probably about - 5c in my room. Even in Wales we don't get the chilly - 20c I dreamed of. 

Okay. You changed my opinion. I was not aware of the extreme measures, that are used to "enhance" ambient coolers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:02 PM, alexmaj467 said:

Ouch. what parameters do you use to consider an inactive participant. 1-2 years ?

I have to add to this (I'm the Yand to your Yin, Your other cup of Tea, Ect, Ect). If you set a Time Limit, you must also set a submission limit. Do you need to sub 1, 2 - 10 scores a year to be considered active?

What if :

Your new score is lower than 2 years ago, does it still count for being active?

You only submit scores for Competitions, Challenger Series, Ect, Ect. Theses do not always give points and are limited (Less than 5 ) submissions.

Thank You ?

• 6 months later...