HWBOT Community Forums

2D Benchmark proposal list for 2021

Leeghoofd

2 hours ago, Antinomy said:

kinda strange to my mind - when UC, Prime, PCMark05 got pulled, they all lost points. But this gives a ranking you can't beat anymore so who got lucky will keep points forever and no way to beat their scores. Am I missing something?

Agreed, I say pull whole ranking as the global ranking makes zero sense and I suspect it's 100%about unintentionally bugging 

• Crew
On 12/12/2020 at 5:48 AM, Antinomy said:

Hm, make HWBot Prime great again? :)

As for TestCPU - you mean the good old one? I think it's kind of outdated nowadays. I would keep boints for pre-SSE CPUs only.

Well it's all or nothing bro..  I can only add it in the rules. I see no functionality to limit specific hardware from the benchmarks configuration setup.

Rules are fine but that won't stop some to still submit and get points undetected.... 

• Like 1

• Crew
8 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

7zip has always been from inside Benchmate so could have mat do version control

Suppose it'd be up to mat to add support but can we add 2.5b category for ycruncher? 

Matt has integrated y-cruncher. So maybe he can crosscheck with the developer. Copy on the 7-zip. Never ran it ?

there are 11 3d and 11 2d proposed global point categories this sounds even but 5 of the 2d categories are single threaded and dont provide globals for each core count where as 3dmark01 has 1x 2x 3x 4x which does not scale with more than 1 gpu receives 100 points at a minimum for 3x and 4x. thoughts on this?

what if we did global 32m or other 3d benches by core count also, 16x 32m 4x 32m ?

Edited by Splave
  • Like 2

• Crew

For the single threaded ones you are right Allen, but for the multithreaded benchmarks you have way more options than the 3D guys right?

Anyway its nice to already receive inputs for the point system, Roman had some ideas there. But that will be another thread. I don't see any big changes to the points before Q1. There's just way too much to do behind the scenes to get it smooth sailing. Tim is doing a hell of a job, but its about stuff which is way out of my League. As you know this project should have started the latest in Spring this year to be maybe ready for 2021.

I think leeg is right on this one, 2d probably still has more categories when you look at all the popular multithreaded categories worth big pts whereas gpu maxes at 4 categories except in gpupi. 

Also can say that while legacy 3d doesn't need more gpu performance past single card there definitely is a lot of tweaking you can do to get maximum score and lower cpu overhead from xfire/sli since even single card is a cpu bench. Not sure it's a good thing but definitely more than just set cpu clocks and use pcie switches on board for ez 1-4 way pts within an hour. 

Edited by yosarianilives

On 12/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Added 7-zip again, removed globals for Wprime, y-cruncher 2.5B in the making

Same image as 1st post?

RIP my CB R15 reference & point. ?? Will now try get used to CB R20 & R23 for my reference data.

Not a fan of y-Cruncher since the beginning (ROG OC Showdown 2015 / 2016?!), it's heavy like HWBot x265 4K, maybe even more. But I think I can live with that 1B.

TSE Phy, how it's affected from the the memory settings? As good as 3DM11 / TS Phy?
Personally I often use TS Phy to compliment the Geekbench & substitute of 3DM11 Phy. AFAIK As it's behavior mostly the same, due to similar physics program library (Bullet Physics). CMIIW
But okay, I guess.

29 minutes ago, IvanCupa said:

Same image as 1st post?

RIP my CB R15 reference & point. ?? Will now try get used to CB R20 & R23 for my reference data.

Not a fan of y-Cruncher since the beginning (ROG OC Showdown 2015 / 2016?!), it's heavy like HWBot x265 4K, maybe even more. But I think I can live with that 1B.

TSE Phy, how it's affected from the the memory settings? As good as 3DM11 / TS Phy?
Personally I often use TS Phy to compliment the Geekbench & substitute of 3DM11 Phy. AFAIK As it's behavior mostly the same, due to similar physics program library (Bullet Physics). CMIIW
But okay, I guess.

Tse is similar, just heavier and scales to more thread. Maybe uses avx, I know you can make it use up to avx512 with custom settings but idk what it does stock. 

Ycruncher is mostly heavier than x265 4k, which isn't a bad thing, especially cause it uses avx512 which no other bench on the bot does currently afaik. At higher core counts its mostly about how fast is your mem, on 3175x it was zero core scaling on water 100% mem scaling. And it was so held back by mem that core temp went up 10c from a mem oc just from extra core utilization. Lower core counts scale more with core clocks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Seriously? 

I'll take the bait. wPrime is only multithreaded bench around that doesn't care about memory much on most platforms. It's also the oldest one so it's scores are comparable over a variety of CPUs. It's quick to run and much more predictable than people give it credit for. Rankings integrity has been secured with the ban on the DLL tweak. So not only don't I see any obvious reason to remove it, there are also plenty to keep it.

• Like 3