HWBOT Community Forums

2D Benchmark proposal list for 2021

Leeghoofd

17 hours ago, keeph8n said:

Reference Frequency should do globals no?

While I might be slightly biased on this ;) , it would be nice. As we know CPU-z can be bugged with validation frequencies, but that is also true for core clock and mem clock.

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noxinite said:

While I might be slightly biased on this ;) , it would be nice. As we know CPU-z can be bugged with validation frequencies, but that is also true for core clock and mem clock.

true, always nice to see Ref Freq apart of comps and people pulling out the old dogs for WR runs

• Like 1

• Crew

some changes:

PCMARK04/05 will no longer get points

PCMARK10 will be the Express version, less long to run so more users might chime in on the action

Y-cruncher 25M will be removed

Cinebench R23 will be used during Pro OC for evaluation, one render only guarded by BenchMate

2Dbenchesnew.jpg

• Like 1

• Crew

Well if we go for the Express it doesn't take that long Charles. Maybe a better idea to set globals for the shorter run. Now  this would imply users need to get a key though. Fingers crossed users will leave the benchmark alone and just sets clocks and run it for what it was designed for... and not start stupid stuff as with previous versions.

• Like 1

I haven't tested PCMark10 for competitive benchmarking. So far, it seems the benchmark doesn't scale linearly to cpu core number like Cinebench/Geekbench though. so it would be interesting to see what kind of config/hardware will scale.

(and I'm personally hoping the benchmark is secure enough from massive software tweaking and put more emphasis to hardware/setups)

• Crew

Thing is if we can run it out of the box without messing with encoders, browser versions,.   we can show what a hardware overclock can mean for a setup. 

If we start fooling around we will again shoot ourselves in the foot. Just run the benchmark with more mhz 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Thing is if we can run it out of the box without messing with encoders, browser versions,.   we can show what a hardware overclock can mean for a setup. 

If we start fooling around we will again shoot ourselves in the foot. Just run the benchmark with more mhz 

Why are we removing points from legacy yet again? That is the passion for some people.

Would like to see points stay on 04. I have comp points from 04 submissions. As well as global and team points. 

Do all the points pertaining to that benchmark get flushed too?

Not against it if we can keep the points from old submissions, just not gain any more points. That would be cool.

Or if someone wrote a tutorial for this bench, cause I know its a pain in the butt to get running for some people, can we keep it then?

• Like 1

• Crew

Well let us set this one straight from the start: if someone clearly abused it he will get a ban, hows that for a motivator?

Doesn't one get tired of people messing stuff up for the rest. Why can't one just press the run benchmark button like 99% of the users do.

• Like 1

• Crew

This benchmark is used world wide by review sites and we can't run it accordingly?

How bout to kill OC again in a second... we haven't implemented anything and self destruction mode has been engaged already, big sigh.

Basic rule is: if you don't like it, don't run it... but don't spoil it for those that want to.

If one can't resist to mess things up for others, it will be bye bye, nice to have known you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Crew
14 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

removed TestCPU from the list (but points will still be there, but you can't submit to it anymore)

kinda strange to my mind - when UC, Prime, PCMark05 got pulled, they all lost points. But this gives a ranking you can't beat anymore so who got lucky will keep points forever and no way to beat their scores. Am I missing something?

• Like 1