HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Afterburner Extreme - how to get it?

Massman

I just got my hands on a copy of abx, i contacted a rep through the MSI canadas facebook page, i am surprised you guys are having such a hard time getting a copy considering i just said i was a ln2 overclocker and they sent me a copy. Maybe i was just lucky.

I think it depends on who your rep is because the Australians used to get it easily but for me no need as anything it does i can do plus more with artmoney which includes unlocking volts if the pwm supports it

Edited by newlife

• 3 weeks later...
#3 is a bit silly, why bother benching a card sub zero without voltage control?

You mean #2 ?

The point is that you need experience benching VGAs with subzero cooling. Not necessarily with the card you want ABX for, but any card.

It's a big progress, now easy procedure of distribution (clarified rules), handled by good overclocker who knows the needs of OC Community. Good for everyone. Some fellow overclockers know how hard it was to get ABX unless you were really close to MSI HQ.

To be objective there might be few problems in cases like if you buy 2nd hand GPU for instance without backplate (so no S/N) and so on, but if it's EOL model and no more warranty I am sure it won't be an issue anymore.

Edited by Xtreme Addict

It's a big progress, now easy procedure of distribution (clarified rules), handled by good overclocker who knows the needs of OC Community. Good for everyone. Some fellow overclockers know how hard it was to get ABX unless you were really close to MSI HQ.

To be objective there might be few problems in cases like if you buy 2nd hand GPU for instance without backplate (so no S/N) and so on, but if it's EOL model and no more warranty I am sure it won't be an issue anymore.

Thanks for the kind words Michal!

If you don't have S/N sticker, then RMA would be rejected anyway, so no problem ;)

EDIT: If you don't meet the requirements, no need to send me PM. There won't be any exception. :)

Edited by pepinorang

Thanks for the kind words Michal!

If you don't have S/N sticker, then RMA would be rejected anyway, so no problem ;)

EDIT: If you don't meet the requirements, no need to send me PM. There won't be any exception. :)

this is really awesome. At least there are some more clear guidelines to meet and at least we know they are thinking about it. Thanks for the news

PM sent :)

You might want to read the rules again, since as far as I can see you don't meet the requirements. :(

Also everyone please note that most of the time it is hard to get ABX for old gen cards. Anyway I'll do my best to provide!

Edited by pepinorang

You might want to read the rules again, since as far as I can see you don't meet the requirements. :(

Also everyone please note that most of the time it is hard to get ABX for old gen cards. Anyway I'll do my best to provide!

I asked this question a while ago, but it would be pretty nice if we could just share the afterburners for the EOL cards.

Warranty doesn't matter anymore anyway ...

I asked this question a while ago, but it would be pretty nice if we could just share the afterburners for the EOL cards.

Warranty doesn't matter anymore anyway ...

man that would be amazing. Even if it was just a card like the 580 lightning, I want to try one so bad but haven't had luck getting abx for it.

Max temps on my MSI GTX 580 Lightnings is 52c, I have two :)

I missed this: You need to have already submitted at least 3 scores using sub-zero cooling (dry ice or better) on VGA.

I have alot of sub's Sub Zero on the CPU, I'll buy a pot for GPU's soon, Thanks

Edited by techjesse

Yeah I was thinking regarding the fact of those 3 scores using subzero on GPU. What in case if someone wants to do his first subzero GPU on new Lightning/Hawk generation card? Maybe subzero results on CPU/MEMs should be enough? Let's say 3 subzero GPU results rule or like 10 subzero cpu/mems in case there is no GPU result? Most guys start from CPU, cause it's easier and less dangerous and to push most GPUs you still need CPU @ subzero. So CPU subzero is like "Phase 1"

Wow, the stipulations for getting this is by far the stupidiest thing ive read on these forums.

Thought benching was meant to be encouraged here, not restricted.

Why would i bother benching sub zero if i couldnt increase volts, pointless exercise really and just a waste of ln2.

Fairly certain im old enough to decide whether or not i want to overvolt my gpu, cpu or memory.

Edited by JunkDogg

Wow, the stipulations for getting this is by far the stupidiest thing ive read on these forums.

Thought benching was meant to be encouraged here, not restricted.

Why would i bother benching sub zero if i couldnt increase volts, pointless exercise really and just a waste of ln2.

Fairly certain im old enough to decide whether or not i want to overvolt my gpu, cpu or memory.

I think the point is for MSI to cover their own backside and to make sure that the people who have access to the software know what they're doing and are not some randomer who's just discovered OC and wants to see how far he can get by pushing 1.8 volts through his new shiny 290x lightning and quickly brick it.

I don't see the issue in just asking politely and waiting for a reply.