HWBOT Community Forums

Remembering Turrican: Bench for a good cause (and buy a T-shirt)

_mat_

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the one making a big deal whether or not the sub is valid. I know it is.

The proof is there and you have pictures. Stop the foolishness.

P.S.

Check out the other section (thread).

Edited by TASOS

• Crew

In fact, the CPU that Mr. Paco has is pretty strange even for a Pentium 4 0.8GHz :)

The "usual" 800MHz had different CPUID and thus, stepping, A2 (Frank has an F10 which makes it an unseen before stepping later than C1 but earlier than D0 which is pretty new for Wilamette). And yes, it has a normal heatspreader. So it's not the usual 800MHz ES.

Moreover, Mr. Paco's CPU was produced on week 19 2001 when Willi hit the market and there was no reason to do samples with usual specs.

The one from CPU world was made on week 20 2000, on engineering-sample it's 14th week. If you really want, I can check my sample for the date.

What I really want to say is two things:

1) Mr. Paco might have a test sample of an early Celeron Wilamette which never came in s423 and has the same specs (besides CPUID and brand ID) as P4 800MHz ES.

2) Since we don't use "stepping anounce date", it should use the P4 0.8GHz category.

I might need to ask some guys with deeper knowledge in CPUs and ES.

This is solely my opinion and has nothing to deal with nor the moderators discussion if there is one in place neither with the results on the championship. But I believe Karl would be glad to see such a CPU competing, he loved weird hardware no less than me :D

• Crew

TASOS, to answer your questions one by one.

You could have helped them a bit , by providing an actual photo of that cpu ... and also a screenshot from an older cpuz version , that recognised the cpu.
Well, both are right here. He could post a link to the discussion of this CPU and the moderators can ask me to clarify details. All in all it was Karl who added it.
And can anybody ever be sure , about when this ES cpu was produced ?
You can see M119B566 marking. The second digit is the year (2001), the next two - week, 19. If we talk about 800MHz ES in general, we have 14th and 20th weeks of 2000 and I can check mine to make a three of them.
What does cpuz version 1.21 show ?

Can you match the readings , of what has been verified as a P4 800 ?

Cause there's a difference in cpuid (family).

CPUID, brand ID and maybe even platform ID are strange. Unknown sample with same specs as P4 800MHz. Kind of unique. I have a P4 0.8GHz but didn't have time to run the test. And didn't want to compete with Frank this time :)

Glad you're done with the rest, keep calm fellas.

P.S. thank you, Mr. Scott :)

First of all.

Happy Birthday !!!

Now.

I must admit that i know a few things about old cpu's

I was one of the first persons that wrote on the internet about Intel cpu markings back in 2001 ... (it was 2002 on English speaking forums , such as overclockers.com)

A good old friend from the glorious Leixlip factory was the insider for me back then.

Nevermind.

I dont want to continue ongoing this thread , although i disagree with you in a couple of points.

Perhaps , in an other place and time , just for your personal interest only.

This was a memorial challenge for a person that loved hardware in general and i am glad i participated.

Congrats to all participants !!!

:)

God damn HWBOT is slow it is bunnyextraction annoying.............

I am a little concerned..... The webshop seems to be taken down....

I have not received the t-shirt for 1 month, nor any notification except that paypal payment went through.... hmm

No worries, the last batch was only very small (8 shirts ordered in the last 6 weeks) so we waited until the competition ended to get last shipment going. This is necessary because we have so many different sizes and colors, that we can't order every shirt separately, it would be too expensive. They will be printed this week and send out early next week. Please be a little more patient, we are working on it!

Btw, you should have got a notification, it may be in your spam folder. And the webshop is not down, I just had to remove the products, because we can't allow that many color and size options from now on. We may put them online again with less options in the future, lets see. I will let you know here in this thread. :)

No worries, the last batch was only very small (8 shirts ordered in the last 6 weeks) so we waited until the competition ended to get last shipment going. This is necessary because we have so many different sizes and colors, that we can't order every shirt separately, it would be too expensive. They will be printed this week and send out early next week. Please be a little more patient, we are working on it!

Btw, you should have got a notification, it may be in your spam folder. And the webshop is not down, I just had to remove the products, because we can't allow that many color and size options from now on. We may put them online again with less options in the future, lets see. I will let you know here in this thread. :)

Good news.

Didnt get the notification, not in my spam folder ;(

Just got worried when no products in webstore.

I am not in a hurry, which ever is best will suit me fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello fellow overclockers!

I took us some time but last Monday we finally delivered the donations to St. Anna Kinderspital! Turrican's family was with us to hand over no less than 1200 Euro! I wanted to let you know, that they are very grateful for all you guys showing your love and respect for him. Thanks for each and every donation, it wouldn't have been possible without you!

turrican-spendenuebergabe_205499.jpg

You can see Turrican's family on the right side, his parents and his two lovely sisters. Btw, his father looks almost exactly like Karl. :)

We published a little news (in German), you can find it here: https://www.overclockers.at/news/spendenuebergabe-im-andenken-an-unseren-turrican