HWBOT Community Forums

DimasTech?

Massman

Is there anything similar to small claims court for Europe? In the US, that would be perfect for this situation.

The court in Us and europe is not the same. Here in Europe it is either expensive or were expensive. The one with biggest money wins sadly in most cases.

Edited by Pulse88

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally found out about how shady Dimastech was after xxxBass posted on OCN with a link to here. I have been eyeing a Dimas bench for so long and had no clue. Finally pulled the trigger on their site with PayPal, then the soap opera unfolded and my suspicions arose. Then I found the threads... sad panda I am.

How long do I hold out until I say f it, I want a refund or PayPal dispute? I ordered on 2/28 I think.

That seems to be true in most large cases here in the US but we also have small claims court where you file for ~$100, represent yourself most often, and usually win if you are truly "correct" which, in this case, Dimas is not. Shame the EU doesn't have something like that...

In Australia you just go to the ACCC and they deal with it because in Australia consumers actually have rights so it's no civil matter

Edited by newlife

Sorry, but I have no sympathy. You all have seen the threads and heard the stories, yet you continue to support a company that obviously is on the take and doesn't give a crap about any customer anywhere. I don't care how good the product may be, you can't support a company like that. It's just stupid.

It is being a d*ck....

Atleast in my opinion.

Looks nice for travelling, but a few concerns/questions do come up...

- How well is the power supply going to breathe with what looks like a rather small gap under it?

- This only seems to fit ATX sized motherboards. Where is the mATX and mITX support?

- Will there be other colours available?

- What material is used for the construction other than "metal"?

- 3D guys will want to know if it's possible to fit two 1200+ watt power supplies in there

- Why is there only support for two drives?

- Will there be (for lack of better words) an add-on to support watercooling?

For a setup where you're travelling light (say, perhaps, taking gear with you on the plane) I can definitely see a lot of promise in this build, but... Not everyone packs light, and a wide variety of people want to be able to set up their gear on a good looking station that's permanently set up in their space, and sometimes spousal acceptance factor comes heavily into play due to it being in the living room or such. Also, a few of the questions are because of the fact that this looks aimed primarily at subzero benchers, but we still have a LARGE group of benchers that use various ambient cooling methods.

Wulfe, where did you get your information? Looking at the photos, it looks like the table doesn't "support anything". It is literally a motherboard tray that "folds" up to be the size of a small plate. Looking at the images, it seems to be aluminum, but not sure. mITX and mATX use the same mounting holes as ATX, just fewer of them.

This looks like it's meant to replace a Dimastech Hard bench. This isn't really geared towards replacing a 24/7 rig/bench (although I'm sure some people will do that.

Wulfe, where did you get your information? Looking at the photos, it looks like the table doesn't "support anything". It is literally a motherboard tray that "folds" up to be the size of a small plate. Looking at the images, it seems to be aluminum, but not sure. mITX and mATX use the same mounting holes as ATX, just fewer of them.

This looks like it's meant to replace a Dimastech Hard bench. This isn't really geared towards replacing a 24/7 rig/bench (although I'm sure some people will do that.

Some of it is guessing based off of the pictures posted to their Facebook.

^Shows details of how the PSU mounts, looks like it can be either side

^Shows how the hard drives mount, and that there's two slots

^Shows the mounting holes

^Parts storage is a rather unique idea though

^Makes it look like a dual PSU set up isn't going to be all that easy

Once again, just guesses based upon what can be seen in currently released photographs.

Finally got the bench. They overnighted it from Italy. Needless to say I have some gripes (broken and multi color gold and pink thumbscrews) but its all there for the most part. They forgot my 2nd flex fan as well. It was go-stock clearance ($103 + $40 ship) so I had to pick and choose from available colors. Went with black body with white tray. Apparently the go-stock powder coat isn't perfect but I cant tell yet. I don't know if I'm happy yet to be honest lol. Check out pics here if you like.

Edited by chartiet

Finally got the bench. They overnighted it from Italy. Needless to say I have some gripes (broken and multi color gold and pink thumbscrews) but its all there for the most part. They forgot my 2nd flex fan as well. It was go-stock clearance ($103 + $40 ship) so I had to pick and choose from available colors. Went with black body with white tray. Apparently the go-stock powder coat isn't perfect but I cant tell yet. I don't know if I'm happy yet to be honest lol. Check out pics at below if you like.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1595592/a-plea-to-caselabs/20#post_25028112

Not bad. My screws were also different colors (green vs pink) and had a rivet sheared off during shipping. Small issues but be glad that you finally got one :P

Guest george.kokovinis
The original bench table....

Its called table, totally open source

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8FZY649A-9yCPYWgScjE78CUX21orJsuk_bYjLJrP5hmJMFIE2Q

THE post of the year. Ahahahahahaha...

My stomach is paining from laughing.

Bless you my friend.

:celebration:

Not bad. My screws were also different colors (green vs pink) and had a rivet sheared off during shipping. Small issues but be glad that you finally got one :P
Well, they have to either send me my other $12 flex fan (which I prefer) or refund me. So if they are sending me another boix, they might as well include some freakin normal colored hardware lol. I like hot pink but not in this sitch ;)

Gotcha. I didn't realize that the PSU screwed into the legs. It looks like this will be good for competitions and traveling but not quite a 24/7 bench setup if you like to keep things organized.

The motherboard compatibility shouldn't be an issue though, since mITX and mATX use the same mounting as ATX.

Yeah. Knowing me, I'd pick up one as it travels light and just seems to make sense. It isn't like I bother to use more than one power supply right now anyways, given my focus on 2D :P

Looks like I might have "no choice" but to go with that idea I've been discussing with you for the 24/7 setup in my living room, although when I'm done with it it won't be white anymore (because black and orange are just so much sexier to me :P )

Update on my table. Tracking is working now. Even though they confirmed that it was definitely-no-we're-not-lying-but-we-really-are picked up on 3/25, it was picked up yesterday (3/30). Fortunately, it's an express shipment and TNT is predicting delivery tomorrow (4/1).

If they would just ship their stuff when the order is placed they would save quite a bit of money on shipping on the end user would get the table at the same time.

I wonder what happened to them; they used to be such a good company. How do they benefit from waiting two weeks to ship something? Is their stock wrong on the site? Are they making items to order? Why not be honest and upfront with the customer... it's not like anyone would be upset about waiting a few weeks for a custom bench table. It's just weird that the motive is so convoluted.

Hey @Trouffman, you should try to get an interview with them. Ask them the hard questions and bring some publicity to the fact that they're still holding thousands of euros from benchers.

Hello friends and ex-friends,

The thousands are 1800 eur in all, they will go back to the 2 people involved in next days, about the stock we're trying our best to solve all the problems.

Please take care that I'm not putting me behind a finger, we have problems but we can solve them,only matter is the time.

If somebody from the community want to have an interview with me about actual situation,future plans and my point of view on events.please get in contact with me, I do not have nothing to hide.

Wish the best for all,friends, ex-friends,haters etc etc

Andrea