HWBOT Community Forums

DimasTech?

Massman

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photos and videos later but I'm not exactly please with its arrival condition. Nearly all of the interior hardware had come loose, leading to the HDD drives bouncing around and scratching the interior. Two of the screws that hold the bottom shelf sheared off completely. I was lucky to be able to get them out with pliers. The bottom tray was also bent, though I was able to bend it back--same for the PSU mount. More details later.

Andrea was clearly serious when he said he was working to fix things. Since various components on my bench arrived damaged, they have ignored my emails for over two weeks asking for a resolution.

I want to clarify that I am not looking for your sympathy or anything along those lines. Just sharing my experience and letting everyone know that it's still the typical process to get the runaround from Dimastech.

Good morning, the bench arrived on Friday and there are a few issues.

1. Some of the hardware holding the bottom tray sheared off. All of it is damaged.

2. The bottom tray is bent.

3. The hardware holding the 5.25" bay backed out, allowing it to bounce around in shipment.

4. The PSU bracket is damaged from the 5.25" bay.

5. Various scratches on the inside and out from loose screws and 5.25" bay.

Photos below.

I was able to bend the bottom tray back. I was also able to bend the PSU mount back mostly, but the damage is still apparent.

A few things are obvious... this packaging is not rugged enough for international shipment. Also, having owned the v2.5, somewhere along the way they switched to MUCH cheaper, weaker hardware. Each individual screw must weigh half as much as the old ones. I believe they used to be brass? Now they look and feel like pot metal. Absolute junk--no wonder they backed out and sheared off.

Carnage:

5c7e1163_PhotoApr0152552PM.jpeg

9e4396fe_PhotoApr0152801PM.jpeg

0a72cf62_Screws.png

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

Wouldn't do much. BBB is a private organization and they're an international company. I could always start a PayPal dispute and may do so if they don't get back to me before my Buyer Protection runs out.

You might as well start the dispute now, they didn't answer any of my questions until they noticed that PayPal had refunded my payment. :D

Then it was amazing how communicative they were, I even got a call from the bossman himself on my cell phone. He might have even mentioned legal action, which I laughed at him over the phone about. The guy has no conscience I swear. :nana::nana::nana::nana: Dimastech

I really feel bad for people who lost money, but the whole situation is so perplexing.

I mean according too most people they had such a great reputation and relationship with hwbot and overclockers. I would imagine the bad press from this has cost more money then was gained by the money taken. it just seems so weird. Or maybe everyone missing something hasnt posted here yet.

Edited by Strong Island

I really feel bad for people who lost money, but the whole situation is so perplexing.

I mean according too most people they had such a great reputation and relationship with hwbot and overclockers. I would imagine the bad press from this has cost more money then was gained by the money taken. it just seems so weird. Or maybe everyone missing something hasnt posted here yet.

I think he's just a grifter :D

• 4 weeks later...