HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

4k is hard on OCF you gotta hold down the power button ALOT

like after you change bios setting and save it wont restart. if you hit restart instead of shutdown in windows it needs powered off with button.

just in case you run into anything related to this

Edited by Random

sorry to hijack thread but can anyone link me a b-die kit that you guys have been buying. Does 2 8gb sticks have the same efficiency as 4 4gb sticks on some of the crappy other boards, haha. Really wish I would have kept my ocf.

Here“s mine....in stock

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232195&cm_re=ripjaws_v-_-20-232-195-_-Product

back in sock jan.7

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232194&cm_re=tridentz-_-20-232-194-_-Product

You will need to buy allot to do 4000 c12. 1 out of 20 here

ya I'm broke, might be better off just grabbing some more cheap afr and pushing on cold. I would only have enough for 4 sticks, and I'm guessing I would need 4 for proper efficiency on asus unless double sided equals 4 dimm efficiency. Still new to memory clocking, man it's a whole nother world. Have a lot to learn.

Hello everyone,

What do you suggest running for 24/7 general/gaming build as for max DRAM voltage and most efficient frequency/timings ?

I see that everyone is running for the highest benchs score / optimization and it's great, but why not also going for the highest score safe dram with 24/7 ? :)

Or are you really running ram at 1.8+ all the time ? Is there no risk of breaking it ?

Thanks for answers ! :)

All B-Die atm will need 2t on the OCF after 3600 ish

3840 here (12 12 28 1 220) but not sure if 32m stable. Certainly the limit for me right now on OCF, 3866 same timings not even into windows, but that's on a 6320.

Not many sticks liking 4k either. (Tridentz). Few rjs arriving today so I'll get em all binned and post results.

Some retail B-die on air,quick 4Ghz,will fine tune a little see what more I can get

b-die.png

Bull, you got an "M" I see. Excited to get one myself but big board has been good to me. No problems booting in at 3900+ w cr1, but haven't found the right baseclock/mem freq. faster than 4000c12 2t. At lower speeds the difference is around 0.53 sec so must be right at a half second if I could complete a run at 4000 1T (struggle to break double digits). Must of got lucky with my B die as I've completed 32m 4kc12 with 1.785v already. Only had em 2 days, but haven't left the house much

Up to around 1.8v Rauf. I got scaling on freq after that but not lower timings. Although I've heard ocf won't do below 12 12 (?) So maybe why. 12 11 boot to win no problem but couldn't bench.

Jase, was that with new bios? Not had time to play with it yet, hopefully get some time to sit down with it today.

3953 12 12 12 28 220 1t was highest xtu stable I could get on 1.92.

I'll be running 32m 1.93 next for binning. Got 8 sticks of each (trident/rj) to bin. Will post findings.

Edited by Doug2507

Guest Bullant

Ran a quick 5ghz with same retail b-die air...around the 1.8v,only have thes one kit of 3600 cl7,will fine tune little later see if anymore before trying on cold

b-diex1.png

Up to around 1.8v Rauf. I got scaling on freq after that but not lower timings. Although I've heard ocf won't do below 12 12 (?) So maybe why. 12 11 boot to win no problem but couldn't bench.

Jase, was that with new bios? Not had time to play with it yet, hopefully get some time to sit down with it today.

3953 12 12 12 28 220 1t was highest xtu stable I could get on 1.92.

I'll be running 32m 1.93 next for binning. Got 8 sticks of each (trident/rj) to bin. Will post findings.

Pretty interesting that you topped out at 3953Mhz, because that's the exact same freq at which my Impact gave in today.

Bios limits prolly. [emoji25]

Looking great Bullant, I see the Haswell 5G time falling soon. [emoji6]

Guest Bullant
Pretty interesting that you topped out at 3953Mhz, because that's the exact same freq at which my Impact gave in today.

Bios limits prolly. [emoji25]

Looking great Bullant, I see the Haswell 5G time falling soon. [emoji6]

Thanks man,ill push them little harder soon see if 4000 is possible for this kit on air,still have few more subs to adjust that should help little more at 3866,guess need to buy few more of these kits

Im sure the 5ghz will fall soon... not sure if these mems will do it but doesn't hurt to try ahahah