HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

did we win?

Well if Zeropluszero is your son, and he's Australian, maybe you can get an AU passport and be Australian by technicality, and hence, yes, you won.

The Firestrike round was not for IGP on the motherboard but the ones from the CPU... slight difference there... hence why I added the " =/= CPU IGP"

I would have never guessed that Motherboard IGPU is not the same as CPU IGPU. So if the rules need to be clearer, please make them so. :)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Integrated is integrated. It was not specified as onboard or on die. Therefore IMO, ALL iGPU subs should have the stated proof in the screenies.

Integrated is integrated insnt really true as a lot have happend over the years. On the older motherboards like socket 775 the iGPU was part of the motherboard and the reason to show the motherboard tab is obvious.

On a modern system (read a system that can run firestrike with the iGPU) the motherboard doesnt mater more then in a normal firestrike submission as the iGPU comes with the CPU and therefor depends on what CPU you use and not on the motherboard.

Yes, I see that I dont have the motherboard tab open in my submission and that is becouse I dont see it needed in the rules as the iGPU isnt integrated in the motherboard and I dont seem to be the only one. Check the winner from teamcup for example.

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc2/2363/3dmark_vantage_kabini

Integrated is integrated. It was not specified as onboard or on die. Therefore IMO, ALL iGPU subs should have the stated proof in the screenies.

What is more proof than cpu-z and gpu-z? Seems very clear to me.

Maybe HWBot should just make mainboard tab mandatory in all screenshot, regardless of benchmark, so this will not be up for misinterpretation.

I sense some grasping at straws here...

It is clear that the igp submissions without the MB-tab have all the proof they need in GPU-z. But I get that some wants those results gone based on a technicality. Thanks for leeghoofd for clarifying the rules.

Integrated is integrated insnt really true as a lot have happend over the years. On the older motherboards like socket 775 the iGPU was part of the motherboard and the reason to show the motherboard tab is obvious.

On a modern system (read a system that can run firestrike with the iGPU) the motherboard doesnt mater more then in a normal firestrike submission as the iGPU comes with the CPU and therefor depends on what CPU you use and not on the motherboard.

Yes, I see that I dont have the motherboard tab open in my submission and that is becouse I dont see it needed in the rules as the iGPU isnt integrated in the motherboard and I dont seem to be the only one. Check the winner from teamcup for example.

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc2/2363/3dmark_vantage_kabini

The difference in your link was specified right here.

Only make submissions with a socket Integrated videocard.

Again, I don't write the rules, but everybody should be following said same rules, not interpreting them as they see fit.

The difference in your link was specified right here.

Again, I don't write the rules, but everybody should be following said same rules, not interpreting them as they see fit.

That line you mention from the rules, its part of the rules for country cup aswell so not sure where you want to come with that part?

That line you mention from the rules, its part of the rules for country cup aswell so not sure where you want to come with that part?

My bad. You are correct. It would seem there is contradiction in the rules right on the same page.

But on the same note, when you see contradiction like this, you should be asking for clarification immediately instead of just interpreting what you see fit..........or at least provide ALL the proof you can to cover your @ss.

Yes, the rules are still a problem at HWB, but it seems like more time is spent by most finding loopholes rather than helping fix the problem.

Edited by Mr.Scott

I always assumed the rule meant a mainboard tab was needed if you were plugging the output cable into the motherboard, hence the motherboard IGP part. It doesn't matter if the actual GPU is on die or onboard, they are integrated and you are plugged into the motherboard.

I sense some grasping at straws here...

It is clear that the igp submissions without the MB-tab have all the proof they need in GPU-z. But I get that some wants those results gone based on a technicality. Thanks for leeghoofd for clarifying the rules.

Of course, the teams that have the most to lose will argue that it wasn't necessary. I recently just had a new teammates scores blocked because he didn't have CPUz on the screen, he didn't read the rules, didn't know it was necessary the score was taken down. Are you arguing that it should have stayed because he didn't see the rule? Or are you saying that you saw the rule, thought it didn't apply to you, despite the majority of every entry having it, including your country mates, didn't ask for clarification and then left it off intentionally.

I'm fine with how ever it gets ruled, its always hard on the moderation staff to take down scores that significantly impact the standings and I understand that some members have the swagger to receive 'interpretations' of this sort.

Look forward to next year, love these big competitions, planning already in the works for the next one! Happy holidays!

My bad. You are correct. It would seem there is contradiction in the rules right on the same page.

But on the same note, when you see contradiction like this, you should be asking for clarification immediately instead of just interpreting what you see fit..........or at least provide ALL the proof you can to cover your @ss.

Yes, the rules are still a problem at HWB, but it seems like more time is spent by most finding loopholes rather than helping fix the problem.

Why do you assume that motherboard tab is left out intentionally and that poeple are looking for loopholes? That sound very cynical to me. I think that everyone has the best interest in being honest in the competitions and since motherboard tab is rarely mandatory it's easy to forget about it. Leaving out CPU-Z alltogether is a completly different thing, but leaving out motherboard tab intentionally when benching Kaveri, it doesn't make sence and I can't see any gain in that when you at the same time have both CPU tab and GPU-Z open.

I think it's just sad that there are all these accusations and sour discussions after every competition...

Next time we need to add to the rules what is needed for verification purposes... this chit chat is too much too drama...

I'll try to work on a permanent fix with the two uber lords of HWBot for the next competition...

i know how hard it is to think about anything when you make the rules as everything is so obviose when you have been thinking and working on it for a while. if nothing else the rules gets beter for next year now that you guys know what have been unclear and coused problems this time.

Why do you assume that motherboard tab is left out intentionally and that poeple are looking for loopholes? That sound very cynical to me. I think that everyone has the best interest in being honest in the competitions and since motherboard tab is rarely mandatory it's easy to forget about it. Leaving out CPU-Z alltogether is a completly different thing, but leaving out motherboard tab intentionally when benching Kaveri, it doesn't make sence and I can't see any gain in that when you at the same time have both CPU tab and GPU-Z open.

I think it's just sad that there are all these accusations and sour discussions after every competition...

I never said anybody did anything intentionally, and I never accused anybody of anything.

I never said anybody did anything intentionally, and I never accused anybody of anything.

Ok, than I perhaps missunderstood, but the below quotes led me to believe that is what you meant:

but it seems like more time is spent by most finding loopholes rather than helping fix the problem

I apologize if I this was not your meaning. The accusation-part was not aimed at you, it was just generally speaking.

Edited by Marquzz

Next time we need to add to the rules what is needed for verification purposes... this chit chat is too much too drama...

I'll try to work on a permanent fix with the two uber lords of HWBot for the next competition...

Hi Leeghoofd, thank you for the clarification and moderation on the results for these stages.

I'd like to offer the idea going forward, to have in the submission rules on the sideline, an example screenshot of the applications and tabs available.

Here's one I've just mocked up:

iEOwt3m.png,

with the hope that it links to something like this: http://news.hwbot.org/Content/Verification%20Examples/3dmarkFireStrikeExtremeValidationRules.png (Correct for the stage, competition background and all).

With the competitions being spun off to OC-eSports.IO, theres a bit of a disconnect with all the rules and example screenshots living back on HWBOT.

• Crew
Hi Leeghoofd, thank you for the clarification and moderation on the results for these stages.

With the competitions being spun off to OC-eSports.IO, theres a bit of a disconnect with all the rules and example screenshots living back on HWBOT.

I can understand I was thinking about something similar alike the below. Good idea to include maybe again a proper how-to screenshot :ws:

tryout.jpg

We will try to persuade the people in command :)

Edited by Leeghoofd

Asus comp was similar to that which was good, but then different rules in the discussion thread. Be good to have it all clear in one are only, to save the shit fight like it was in the end. The important word there being "CLEAR".

Just don't leave anything for interpretation, that's the main idea. Even SS layout should be similar to the example IMO, that way nothing should be missed. (ok, that's my CDO kicking in).