HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2015 thread.

newlife

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done all and look forward to seeing you motivated and ready next year. We get together every year and this year had about 15 overclockers get together, have fun, drink beer, oc shytloads of hardware, burn 1K litres of ln2 and hope for the best. Our best was good enough to win and it feels great. Germany is going to come back swinging next year and it looks like Canada and Sweden are on the rise, good to see, just don't forget this is a hobby and most important thing is to have fun and enjoy it!

• Crew

people are allowed to bench together though, matt may or may not have made that result if he benched alone

this is country cup, the whole idea is to get together as a team, share ideas, share knowledge and work together

at our event we continually had pros like sniper, bobnz and dino helping less experienced overclockers achieve results they never would have on their own at home

this is what country cup is all about and for me thats what makes it the best competition of each year

Great competition again this year! The moderation team will process the last-minute subs as soon as possible so we can make the announcements shortly

:celebration:

To be honest i dont think Hwbots intention with these teamcup/countrycup comps evry year its not to have people bashing eatch other about cheating.

I Think the reason of these comps to bring team members/ coutry members together as freinds and in the same time get them to learn of eatch other and have some fun. The countrys/teams in the top is the teams who done the team spirit the best.

Congrats to all for a god and fun Countrycup.

I haven't been able to read through the entire thread yet (arrived late yesterday night from long flight), but I wanted to take the time to highlight two things.

1) @Mr\.Scott is correct when saying that according to the HWBOT rules it is allowed to use one platform for 3D benching, swapping nothing but the graphics card.

2) I want to highlight Pulse88's post because he nails what the Team and Country Cup is about. I absolutely LOVE seeing overclockers from one team or country get together to share the passion for OC. I remember the team sessions we had when I was in Belgium and I can honestly say those were always the most fun (even if @Leeghoofd his girlfriend strongly disagreed).

It's great to see that in Sweden and Australia this is also happening and I can only hope to see this happen in even more countries. The only thing I can think of after reading the posts from the Canadians is wonder how strong they will be next year! Getting top-5 without a coordinated session is fantastic ... imagine what's possible when the team takes it to the next level :ws: :celebration:

//edit: also cleaned up a bit. I need to learn how this infraction thing works lol

Edited by Massman

Guest Bullant

Massman,I know dino must be pming you real fast to delete my post as it shows his guilt,I don't think you guys will do nothing about it as hes part of Gigabyte that sponsor HWBOT,can you direct me to the correct place on Hwbot to put this cheating forward?

If you want to ban me for showing they cheated then just do it

Massman,I know dino must be pming you real fast to delete my post as it shows his guilt,I don't think you guys will do nothing about it as hes part of Gigabyte that sponsor HWBOT,can you direct me to the correct place on Hwbot to put this cheating forward?

If you want to ban me for showing they cheated then just do it

No PMs from Dino today, sorry.

You can forward your cheating accusations to our Head of Moderation Christian Ney at christian@hwbot.org.

If you feel our partnerships are affecting the site's management you can always get in touch with me at pieter@hwbot.org. If you feel the partnerships are affecting my judgement you can get in touch with Frederik (the founder and co-owner) at frederikcolardyn@hwbot.org.

1) @Mr\.Scott is correct when saying that according to the HWBOT rules it is allowed to use one platform for 3D benching, swapping nothing but the graphics card.

Thanks for the clarification, that is excellent. I don't have to like the rule, probably won't take advantage of it, and find it only one easy step to passing subs around to members of your team, but I will stop advising country mates and teammates to refrain from doing it.

Appreciate your quick response on this.

... The moderation team will process the last-minute subs as soon as possible so we can make the announcements shortly

Is this why the , totals in leaderboard are wrong ?

If you sum up the stages , the total is different than the one shown now.

AU (185) = 185

GER (145) = 145

SWE (117) = 117

CAN (112) = 116

BEL (99) = 99

USA (99) = 101

FR (98) = 98

UKR (97) = 91

ROM (91) = 85

GRE(89) = 93

• Crew
Great competition again this year! The moderation team will process the last-minute subs as soon as possible so we can make the announcements shortly

:celebration:

I want to highlight Pulse88's post because he nails what the Team and Country Cup is about. I absolutely LOVE seeing overclockers from one team or country get together to share the passion for OC. I remember the team sessions we had when I was in Belgium and I can honestly say those were always the most fun (even if @Leeghoofd his girlfriend strongly disagreed).

Ow really ? :D

Merry X-masssssssssssssss and a Happy New Year!!! :nana:

Is this why the , totals in leaderboard are wrong ?

If you sum up the stages , the total is different than the one shown now.

AU (185) = 185

GER (145) = 145

SWE (117) = 117

CAN (112) = 116

BEL (99) = 99

USA (99) = 101

FR (98) = 98

UKR (97) = 91

ROM (91) = 85

GRE(89) = 93

Think moderators are looking at submissions. Stage 1 ranking is different today, ROM and UKR have lost HW points and gone down.

• Crew

Bucket of lollipops has been shipped Splave!!

Some XTU and IGP scores have incorrect or incomplete screenies... the moderation team is on it!

Plz link me to where it is mentioned that a mainboard tab was needed for the screenshots as we get many reports for missing mainboard tab :confused:

The rules for FS screenshot are the following:

3DMark benchmark settings

3DMark overall score

3DMark subtest scores

CPU-Z CPU tab

CPU-Z Memory tab

CPU-Z Mainboard tab, for submissions made with motherboard IGP (=/= CPU IGP)

GPU-Z Graphics Card tab (Rivatuner may be used if GPU-Z fails to correctly report the GPU) =/= GPU sensor tab

Edited by Leeghoofd

The Firestrike round was not for IGP on the motherboard but the ones from the CPU... slight difference there... hence why I added the " =/= CPU IGP"

I read it as iGPU too, could be wrong.

Think it's a typo in the rules myself, but hey, could mean old school integrated graphics too, but in all seriousness, what board has that these days? It's been a long time.