HWBOT Community Forums

ROG OC SHOWDOWN EXTREME SERIES ROUND 3 DISCUSSION

Achill3uS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everyone is confused with the rules if it's for Pentium/i3 cpus (Dual Core cpus) or all cpus are allowed, just total amount of enabled cores has to be 2 in total

"Use 2 processor core(s) in total."

From what I understand 6700K or other i5 are allowed if we disable cores?

Has this ever been allowed in any HWBOT competition? :P

Added to the rules for additional clarification :celebration:

Has this ever been allowed in any HWBOT competition? :P

Added to the rules for additional clarification :celebration:

Only once, HOT qualifiers last year allowed us to use 6700k with HT off to meet the 4 core restriction. Or that could be different I don't know anymore and it's to late to back down :D :D:D

Seems a very strange decision since aquamark scales with at least 2 gpus.

Cheap cpus and ultra expensive gpu-setup...

Thanks for the feedback!

After considering this, we all agreed that it would be best to limit to single GPU. The limitation has been added to the competition too.

• Administrators

All Asus models and AMD or NV reference cards, no cards of other boardpartners. This is quite generous rule including reference cards, but I think everyone understands that Asus makes this competition and other brands are not allowed

Edit so to specify this, amd and NV branded cards are OK, all Asus branded cards as well, but no cards from other boardpartners like HIS, EVGA or whatever :D

Edited by websmile

All Asus models and AMD or NV reference cards, no cards of other boardpartners. This is quite generous rule including reference cards, but I think everyone understands that Asus makes this competition and other brands are not allowed

Edit so to specify this, amd and NV branded cards are OK, all Asus branded cards as well, but no cards from other boardpartners like HIS, EVGA or whatever :D

• Administrators

This Extreme showdown is for extreme and elite members only, you can check this at overview at info tab :)

Round three of ROG OC Showdown 2015 Extreme series challenges entrants to reach the upper echelons of HWBOT.org’s Elite and Extreme leagues, reserved for the world’s most prodigious overclockers. Extreme cooling prowess will need to be engaged to secure the top scores in each of the three stages, measured with SuperPi 32M, 3DMark01 and Aquamark3.
Edited by websmile