HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Team Cup 2017 Discussion

max1024

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well enlighten me what you don't get in this post from Webmsile...

Personally, I understand that your team has support from the mod and you did what you want.

it's great to win when they promote the mods. Last year I was silenced but so exaggerated.

rules are rules michael ????...moderator or not on what ever team theyre with mate !!!!

all screen shots of the subs have to be clearly visible and nothing obscured or by part there of of another tab , and if they are theyre deemed a non valid sub, isnt that the rules too michael ?? because if it isnt in this case and id like to know why have i seen previous subs been deemed non valid and not legitimate and removed for the same thing ?

Edited by ozzie

rules are rules michael ????...moderator or not on what ever team theyre with mate !!!!

all screen shots of the subs have to be clearly visible and nothing obscured or by part there of of another tab , and if they are theyre deemed a non valid sub, isnt that the rules too michael ?? because if it isnt in this case and id like to know why have i seen previous subs been deemed non valid and not legitimate and removed for the same thing ?

It's alright... one of the bad scores I highlighted is already gone now so they are being looked at and action is being taken, it's gonna take the moderation staff time to go through everything. I'm sure websmile is doing his best, with how the site is right now patience is definitely required.

(btw if there are any bad subs left from /r/overclocking I hope no-one hesitates to either report them or let me know so I can delete them myself and save mods the effort - I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite here! I know yos screwed up his GTX 285 3dmark2001SE screenshot, and I didn't catch it, because we were both tired from last-minute benching/"procrastibagging" - that one is already gone now and rightly so)

Warp9 does indeed support consistency. Every team in the league has had subs removed for something stupid. It happens.

I am all in for taking care of this without involving the staff here. If anybody has a problem with any W9 subs anywhere, feel free to message me and I will take care of it.

The mod staff has a huge thankless job here and if I can alleviate some of that for them I will.

It's alright... one of the bad scores I highlighted is already gone now so they are being looked at and action is being taken, it's gonna take the moderation staff time to go through everything. I'm sure websmile is doing his best, with how the site is right now patience is definitely required.

(btw if there are any bad subs left from /r/overclocking I hope no-one hesitates to either report them or let me know so I can delete them myself and save mods the effort - I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite here! I know yos screwed up his GTX 285 3dmark2001SE screenshot, and I didn't catch it, because we were both tired from last-minute benching/"procrastibagging" - that one is already gone now and rightly so)

mick, michael does a great job in here mate, and im sure his patience has been tested fully this time round, hes a damn good guy and not recognised here enough for what he does on an ongoing basis, hes fair, just and honest and im quite sure he wont take sides and will take his time and remove any sub that isnt legitimate

• Administrators

The problem with cinebench is that rules were made too quick after fraud was discovered, we should have removed it completely - if I remove all subs that have hidden result corner I normally would have to remove also all results where the example scores are not shown because this seems to be the reason the rule was made this way by Ney, and same teams who complain now would be first to get results removed. I also would have had to remove several wrs if you check database. I would have to remove each sub at cb which hides 1mm of the rendered image as well^^. But we have a rule which was created long ago and maybe people forget about this

HWBOT moderators may apply a not suspicious exception when moderating scores which do not earn global points. When a submission has minor mistakes or incomplete verification, it does not mean by definition it has to be blocked by a moderator. If these submissions are not suspicious in any way, and do not receive global points, the moderator has the right to approve them. This rule is to prevent users reporting each and every submission which have minor mistakes, in order to get a better rank for their own submission. Reporting submissions which are not suspicious but have minor mistakes is against the fair play spirit, and abuse of the reporting functionality will be acted upon.

Warp9 does indeed support consistency. Every team in the league has had subs removed for something stupid. It happens.

I am all in for taking care of this without involving the staff here. If anybody has a problem with any W9 subs anywhere, feel free to message me and I will take care of it.

The mod staff has a huge thankless job here and if I can alleviate some of that for them I will.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d9/d9c8c24e5dfe8a5791c0196b5d9b8d2dd5ca4701df1edbf34aa2bb4f0cf45b96.jpg

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>HttpVersionNotSupported</Code>

<Message>The HTTP version specified is not supported.</Message>

<RequestId>9C07A5CF016B891B</RequestId>

<HostId>

jU6bIyNH0nJ/Liz30FOxJ3Dk0El57Z6MZUH2rszaE6WBDJWWtJdtuAxdDhU0xTj7ewVbmK6CaMW6ytNkvr+LKhDh1tp+oEiA

</HostId>

</Error>

You fail. :P

As an example:

Speaking of errors, could Griff please explain this?

I'm not talking about the bench result window either.

GRIFF`s Cinebench - R15 score: 150 cb with a Opteron 180

If one of you missed it, how in hell does air cooling equal SS according to the entry's photo and reported cooling method? :confused:

It's one thing to simply forget about the pic, it's another when what you post clearly isn't what you ran in the first place according to your own sub info.

I understand you have the right to report subs with problems and that in itself isn't an issue.... Just be sure you're own backside is clean and covered before going on a reporting spree.

Just sayin.

The problem with cinebench is that rules were made too quick after fraud was discovered, we should have removed it completely - if I remove all subs that have hidden result corner I normally would have to remove also all results where the example scores are not shown because this seems to be the reason the rule was made this way by Ney, and same teams who complain now would be first to get results removed.

Update the rules first, or specify different. In this cup the problem with one team, not with all teams. Little difference. Why all teams respect the rules and one team just post what they think to them? The answer is easy: they know they are not punished.

• Administrators

bunnyextraction, hippocrites like you make my day - why didn´t you report your team mates score at cinebench who deleted comparison files which is same or worse than blocking them with a tab? I blocked more scores by the "special" team than on any other team in the comp and most of them were not reported but found at check. You are not only a bad losers but also someone who does not by any means keep his own standards, if you think you are treated badly feel free to leave - good luck at complaining somewhere else. There is a big difference in insufficient verification or manipulation against a useless rig picture no one cares about unless you need proof of cooling used or vendor, which is not the case at team cup

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

One screenshot hides cpu and mem settings, second one hides part of rendered image. If I go by the rules as strictly as all now ask for I have to delete all of these scorwes including your 150 now - this makes no sense at all ;) Maybe we should all come back to common sense. No one got a special treatment here, not a single score was blocked for missing or bad rig picture, when I see enough of cinebench image I also normally did not block and I will not block perfect scores because of a blocked logo because I know how 06 looks like.

If things move into this direction because of prizes (bad distribution btw in my opinion) we should simply skip this. It seems as soon as money is involved all fair play gets lost, all fun and the community becomes a shark tank. I definitely do not like this

P.S. Where do you see two screenshots at example of any benchmark?

It was supposed to be a FUN comp.

This is turning into something ridiculous for lack of a harsher word.

Its one thing if a sub was made with blatant disregard for the rules or wrong background on screen shot for comp then yes it needs to be removed, but when it comes to something trivial like opening the ram SPD tab instead of MEMORY tab in cpuz then its up to the discretion of the MOD team.

Michael has been doing a great job so far with prior comps, is fair in his decisions. Sure some may not agree with him (like I have in the past) but in the end he did his best to be equal and fair to all. Cant ask for anything more.

So I say let him do his thing and may the chips lay where they land.

Thanx websmiles for all you do...

• Administrators

General rules talk about screenshot - and you are out for 4 weeks for posting personal information like my email adress in public and constant disrepect of fair play.

P.S. For reasons of others being able to check I add screenshot of result I blocked

Edited by websmile

General rules talk about screenshot - and you are out for 4 weeks for posting personal information like my email adress in public and constant disrepect of fair play.

P.S. For reasons of others being able to check I add screenshot of result I blocked

Wow can't see CPU-Z version and the render is partially blocked.

Websmile, I hope you don't mind if I add this little bit as a reply to a post that isn't there now.... I've had my 1080P monitors for eight years now (they were $130 CAD each)... Before that I had CRT monitors that could do 1600x1200. Saying "I'm an old bencher" when we've had access to fairly inexpensive monitors for some time (and probably wound up updating some of the ones in our places anyways) seems like a rather odd thing to say. My "main" benching monitor (well, center screen in my gaming rig atm, but will be my benching monitor again in a few months when I finally upgrade my gaming rig's monitors) was all of $80 CAD to pick up, and that was something like a year ago.

Wow can't see CPU-Z version and the render is partially blocked.

Websmile, I hope you don't mind if I add this little bit as a reply to a post that isn't there now.... I've had my 1080P monitors for eight years now (they were $130 CAD each)... Before that I had CRT monitors that could do 1600x1200. Saying "I'm an old bencher" when we've had access to fairly inexpensive monitors for some time (and probably wound up updating some of the ones in our places anyways) seems like a rather odd thing to say. My "main" benching monitor (well, center screen in my gaming rig atm, but will be my benching monitor again in a few months when I finally upgrade my gaming rig's monitors) was all of $80 CAD to pick up, and that was something like a year ago.

Indeed screen resolution limits is a pretty crazy excuse 1920 x 1080 displays are dirt cheap 2nd hand a dime a dozen and as you said even old CRTs could commonly do 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200 etc.

Edit: sort of related, i had an XTU sub removed because XTU (incorrectly) reported 5.01 ghz due to bclk buggyness with XTU, i subbed it anyways as an improved score seeming to recall websmile saying 5,01 was alright and totally should have looked for what he stated in here to refresh my memory but didn't and once it was removed i looked that up and saw that he indeed said 5,00 XTU. 5003 in cpu-z. this sort of complaining is like if i complained about XTU being buggy and reporting 5,01 where cpuz never even broke 5 ghz ever with bclk drift but i did not so there is no point. The only thing i would say is it should be stated in the stage rules to make it easier to find (stage rules just said 5003 in cpu max)

In any event though great competition everyone, this comp was actually what got me into overclocking comps on hwbot via r/overclocking and to websmile we appreciate the hard work you put in and know its not easy to moderate all this esp with the state of slowness of the site under load. I also apologize for subbing that XTU sub without re-checking what you stated in this thread i totally should have but idk was just pretty happy with my bump'd up score so i subbed it under the assumption i remembered correctly but obviously I didn't.

Edited by Frito