HWBOT Community Forums

New XTU version v6.4.1.12

Massman

Leaving the joke on the side,if you disable or restart the points i think many guys will quit from this hobby.

Some maniacs out there stayed even 2-3 weeks for a score so imagine that you delete them... :))

Annoying for me as well ... just trying to learn bclk for XTU ... takes time to those last 5 points. If they are dedicated benchers they will stick around. OR not ... they can cry & quit.

Because you have no choice after the fact. Nobody can tell what is real and what is cheated.

Proven with the YouTube video of cheat engine on XTU deceit ... enter what ever bloody number for the score you want

The issue isn't with crazy record breaking scores, it's with cheaters who actually think and just bump their score a little to get an extra place or two etc.

This ^ Always this ^

This is especially an issue with locked chips, where a few XTU points could be worth an extra 30 hardware points. How can you distinguish between someone who spent the time to strip and tweak the OS/Mem/etc. then reran for two weeks compared to someone who dialed in a couple of reasonable looking mem timings, then cheated their way to a 1st place score inline with everyone else?

Bought nonK processors myself for doing XTU. Yes there is a decent point grab there.

My 694 XTU score will go down as well & I was damn proud of it.

Near 120 thousand overclockers enjoying benchmarks. Nuke this bull crapp from orbit. Rid of the old submissions ... we cannot tell what is cheated ... may well be rampant.

All good to try again on Intel's NEW baby XTU version v6.4.1.12

Prepping the 7700K right now

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make this clear as it seems people are riling each other up in this thread: there is no indication of any significant amount of cheating in XTU (yes, we could spot irregularities in the cheated submissions)

We will NOT remove points for the >99.999% who play by the rules because of actions of the <0.001%.

I also want to say thanks to @RULE for bringing the problem to our attention prior to it going public. It gave us a much needed head start to address the problem before the sensationalists came along.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Confused by this now more than ever ...

Purchased thousands of dollars processors, boards RAM to trail for XTU.

Listing parts for sale ... due to cheaters wreaking my nonK big score chances

Comparisons to a X265 bench ... where you can calculate the correct score from screenshot. 1x dodgy dude Forward <> Back on the PC super clock tweaks.

Take back my kind words there @ second chance deserved.

But lets move on & make XTU OK again " band aid method "

Previous no requirements of screenshot on XTU submissions.

NO WAY you can say only 1x person has cheated here out of 120,000 benchers.

I call foul. Red card issued. Could be rampant cheaters with cheat engine, 100's.

No sensationalism.

I do not want to waste my precious frikken hours as I have in the past trying

to go fast against other XTU score that may have been cheated

I think many of us would like to see XTU wiped off the map as a benchmark, however I think we all know there are many reasons that will never happen. The least of which is hwbot doesn't want to anger intel after all the "support" they get from them. Also XTU directly linking to hwbot is the cause of much of the rookie and novice league, which again hwbot would not like to miss out on even if it doesn't do much to contribute to the number of active users. I say get rid of points for XTU forever, but since we know that won't happen at least get rid of points for all previous versions. There have been many ways to cheat it over the years and hwbot has just brushed it off and pretended like it wasn't the case so that intel can continue posting their ad for their latest cpus. Because XTU is not a benchmark, it's just marketing material. An 1800x gets it's ass kicked by a celeron g470 in xtu, not because of lack of hw power or lack of cpu instructions, but because it doesn't run on cpus that have a chance of making intel look bad.

I think many of us would like to see XTU wiped off the map as a benchmark

I do wonder if that's the reason people are so enthusiastic to wipe points from it. I too would be very happy to see a lot of XTU points go away but I have to be honest with myself and say it's not because I think there are people out there benefiting from faked scores. I just hate having to deal with 8/10 when most other stuff is 7 or XP.

if the points gathered in this bench are from people cheating with their submissions, they should be deleted, and banned, no ifs or buts....delete and ban, teach them a bloody lesson once and for all, its that damn simple, regardless of what bench it is, all it does it make the honest people suffer, and get the damn bench fixed up or get rid of it altogether

I personally find this a very derogatory statement considering most people here are just rallying to have the problem fixed

The term "sensationalist" refers to the people who made a public how-to, not anyone in this thread voicing their opinion or concerns.

Funny you took it personally though.

Mr Scott has broad shoulders, he can take it as well as he dishes it out.

Text can be screwed in it's definition " as how to read it "

So x1 day .. this thread ... 6 pages ... 95% of the members are for dumping XTU old points

If 5% member has come in thread defending it .. what does that say for cheated benchmark.

Lost cause

120,000 overclockers x 95% = 114 thousand unheard could dislike as well.

That's stat's quite possible when XTU is not defended vigorously

so actually what youre saying massman is that XTU is accurate then ????, coz it wasnt, maybe is now, time will tell, is that what youre saying because a "sensationalist" means a whole different thing than what XTU is, youre bots intel fanboy anyway so youre going to do exactly what intel says for you to do to keep the sponsorship, sad really when a man knows theres a problem and cant even stand up and have a go so as his members can have a straight bench and straight members to run it

sensationalist.

presenting stories in a way that is intended to provoke public interest or excitement, at the expense of accuracy

Can't be said better than this...

Especially considering how valuable locked XTU is(50pts per sub), that could unfairly give someone a huge boost in the rankings.

On the other hand, if any legitimate subs get removed because they were "suspiciously efficient", that's just as unfair to that individual.

If there's no wy to determine without any doubt whether or not a sub is legitimate, then the only fair way to resolve the situation is to reset all points IMO.

I agree till his last sentence, but resetting all points is NOT fair, period.

As of now, I will personnally post cpu-z windows and keep a memtweakit screenshot in case of complaints. You can tweak a lot the ram timings to improve the score.

What we need in XTU is a verification code like un superPI ...? Ideally, the Intel community can come up with an update for all Intel cpu generations, since a XTU version does not support beyond n-3 generations. So posting ONE updated XTU version per CPU generation would be ideal....?

Can u show us proof that u can tell which subs are cheated because as far as im concerned if xtu is damaged then this place is in trouble sponsorship wise. You have already said u can see anamolies in some submissions so which are they..? Who has been cheating and what is their punishment?

You have already said u can see anamolies in some submissions so which are they..? Who has been cheating and what is their punishment?

Yes, we saw irregularities in the submissions of the group that also posted publicly.

Those scores were removed.

So you removed the scores of the people that said they were cheating? That imo is not proof you can tell which is cheated besides if they tell you. Anybody that cheated pretty please tell us in this thread so we can remove your sub thanks.

Please Correct me if im wrong.

Mr Scott has broad shoulders, he can take it as well as he dishes it out.

Text can be screwed in it's definition " as how to read it "

So x1 day .. this thread ... 6 pages ... 95% of the members are for dumping XTU old points

If 5% member has come in thread defending it .. what does that say for cheated benchmark.

Lost cause

120,000 overclockers x 95% = 114 thousand unheard could dislike as well.

That's stat's quite possible when XTU is not defended vigorously

Fair note here;

You do know that maybe 50% of the number of benchers you mention got pulled in by XTU?

Sad as it is, XTU is an important part for hwbot to get new people in.

Ive been playing with hardware for years, but never knew of hwbot until I found XTU.

Can u show us proof that u can tell which subs are cheated because as far as im concerned if xtu is damaged then this place is in trouble sponsorship wise. You have already said u can see anamolies in some submissions so which are they..? Who has been cheating and what is their punishment?

why were they pulled if they were fine and legit scores ?? jesus wept

• Crew

this is really irresponsible whoever published this video showing everyone how to hack XTU

many years ago CPUZ was vulnerable to this type of ram editing attack, however through working with Franck privately we could stop this happening in future CPUZ version, without publically announcing to everyone how to do it

the problem we have is, a handful of other benchmarks will also be vulnerable to ram based attacks and now its open slather for whoever wants to do it

i understand that XTU is a big money card around here for HWBOT and they need money to keep going, but is this the end of the road for XTU? we already know XTU uses a fake algorithm that takes into account the CPU frequency into calculating the score and can easily be tricked into giving incorrect scores, if XTU wasn't so linked to sponsorship this would have been removed years ago. Can we consider letting it go?

Edited by pro

• Crew

okay heres a possible solution

great so new version fixes memory hack, but lets increment the version again, make it the new only allowed version on hwbot

fix the score calculation, remove the dependency on CPU frequency from the scoring, right now if you trick the system into thinking its 7ghz, you get a higher score, so the benchmark is using the CPU frequency in its scoring algorithm, this needs to be fixed

changing the scoring algorithm will possibly make some scores higher or lower than before, so purposely make the new version score higher, over time everything will be rebenched and any existing cheat scores dont even matter

NOW is the time to fix this when we already have a problem to fix

Edited by pro

• Administrators

This now leads nowhere - if it would be the frequency only that determines result we would not have 4,5ghz 300000 point results like we saw at bugged runs btw. Before we end up speculating more I will lock the thread for a while until we can make more announcements