HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock z170 MOCF lives on Coffee Lake Mods

On 2018/4/4 at 8:19 PM, Strunkenbold said:

looks like asrock mobo r easier to mod?

2 hours ago, barti27 said:

please  bios  supports coffee  asrock z170 oc  fomula not m

+1

But I can see why splave is only interested in bothering with the Micro ATX version though... because as an overclocker, the 2 dimm slots is much better. Wheras the regular ATX board was known to be somewhat problematic in regards to the memory.

Still, I don't happen to own the M-ATX version. Just the full atx myself. No idea where else / proper channels to ask about this since it is an unofficial mod BIOS. Will be getting a hardware flasher soon. :)

Edited by dreamcat4
grammar

3 hours ago, NickShih said:

Thanks Nick! Outstanding stuff. We are very grateful. I will also let my friend know online, who has same board. We were planning to make a mod BIOS ourselves but you saved us the work. BTW (and this is important) there have also been found a number of boards which did not change very much from Z270 to Z370. The design is much the same, including the VRMs and layout etc. These boards have been backwards flashed with Z370 BIOS succesfully. This then lets support FULL overclocking features and controls for hex core.

Since we noticed that you may have skipped / passed on updating super carrier / i7 professional / oc formula in z370. The any Z390 board with similar IR35201 and other design is going to be helpful as a backwards flash candidate. This may not be possible for such board as Z170 OCF here. But there is still others like Z270 supercarrier and it seems IR35201 is still used. Of course you may need  to change board design in future successor products for many other reasons and purpose. So not to worry about Just wanted to say / mention.. :)

• Like 1