HWBOT Community Forums

How many GPU benchmarks should get hardware points?

How many GPU benchmarks should get hardware points?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How many GPU benchmarks should get hardware points?

• Much less (±15)
    • Less (±20)
    • It's ok (± 25)
    • More! (30)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, unityofsaints said:

Keep all current benches and add GPUpi v3.3 (or 4.0 when it comes out) and Time Spy Extreme. Remove some or all of Catzilla because the vendor support is flaky to nonexistent.

While Catzilla used to be my thing (and probably gives a decent portion of my current points - Yup, 4/15 globals, and 1/40 of my hardware apparently), it's been a bug ridden mess since 3.3.  Removing points from Catzilla and giving GPU Pi v3.3 as well as Time Spy Extreme such would be a nice move that provides good balance for points (3 removed, 3 gained) AND show more support to those companies that are actually willing to improve their products...  They also have a reasonable amount of support for various generations of graphics cards.

Also, GPU Pi only has annoying cheesy dubstep EDM if you put on a playlist for such, while Catzilla you're forced to have audio drivers to get max points, and forced to listen if you want to hear cues a run is having a problem before graphics glitches (or a system lockup) hit.

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

While Catzilla used to be my thing (and probably gives a decent portion of my current points - Yup, 4/15 globals, and 1/40 of my hardware apparently), it's been a bug ridden mess since 3.3.  Removing points from Catzilla and giving GPU Pi v3.3 as well as Time Spy Extreme such would be a nice move that provides good balance for points (3 removed, 3 gained) AND show more support to those companies that are actually willing to improve their products...  They also have a reasonable amount of support for various generations of graphics cards.

Also, GPU Pi only has annoying cheesy dubstep EDM if you put on a playlist for such, while Catzilla you're forced to have audio drivers to get max points, and forced to listen if you want to hear cues a run is having a problem before graphics glitches (or a system lockup) hit.

Hi, sorry but are you saying am3*has a score boost with audio driver ?

Edited by Ilpingu

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 6:54 AM, richba5tard said:

Thanks all for casting your votes. All Catzilla benchmarks will be disabled for hardware points, and GPUPI v3.3 - 1B, GPUPI v3.3 - 32B and 3DMark - Time Spy Extreme will be eligible for points in the next update. ETA this week.

Ooooh, does this mean CPU runs of GPU Pi v3.3 will also get points?

4 minutes ago, Berhof007 said:

I don't think so, only GPU runs will be eligible for points.

Seems kind of silly to give JUST the GPU's points for v3.3.  If you're going to have a bench that can do CPU and GPU, and it's already listed in the benches you can run why not give points to both?

• 2 weeks later...