HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

Thanks for your kind words. I will integrate y-cruncher and x265 with the next release. Both are a little bit harder to integrate because their wrappers are built with Java, which is impossible to secure. So another solution has to be found, I'm not sure yet how this will turn out, but I'll find something.

As for the SuperPi bug. I have encountered this but could never reproduce it two times in a row. Thanks for the bug report, I will look into it!

• Like 1

The result was made using a graphics card that can't be correctly matched or the integrated HWiNFO library can't read the GPU's sensors correctly.

That's why the GPU and GPU memory frequency rows are marked as red (invalid).

Please submit a bug report from within BenchMate (in the menu of the main dialog) after you have finished a 3DMark run that would lead to an error like this.

Thank you in advance!

13 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

The result was made using a graphics card that can't be correctly matched or the integrated HWiNFO library can't read the GPU's sensors correctly.

That's why the GPU and GPU memory frequency rows are marked as red (invalid).

Please submit a bug report from within BenchMate (in the menu of the main dialog) after you have finished a 3DMark run that would lead to an error like this.

Thank you in advance!

I’ll see if I can try it on a setup that has working internet and submit for you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

I've just used benchmate for the first time (yeah kinda late) and I'm pretty much amazed of it. Makes things so easier!

Just some small things:

1. Isn't still CPU-Z needed for proper verification screen?
I might missed the discussion, and I'm sorry if I was decided to not being necessary anymore and I don't know about it, but if its sill needed, do we can launch CPU-Z main & mem tab automatically if the user press "save result"? Right now your system information comes from HWinfo, right? The bot actually relied since the beginning on CPU and GPU-Z and still would find it useful to include them.

2. Make Status "Action needed" a little bit more user friendly
At first time I didn't instantly know what to do here now. Turns out I need to right click the result and select "View it on HWbot". I was actually a little surprised that it showed me the submit form and claimed that it wasn't able to find the correct CPU.
Maybe we could make this a little more intuitive, like opening the browser automatically, so the user can see whats wrong right away. The problem of unmatched hardware will unfortunately stay, especially for user with new hardware, so this will be a thing for many users.
Some background (you probably already know this); there are hardware database entries, which I or someone else usually add to our database and there are name strings coming from external programs like yours communicating to hwbot. Because there was some serious problems with hwbot prime, automatic matching strings and db entries got deactivated. But now the problem is, that we need to do this manually. Unfortunately, I guess no one touched this for over one year and now we have over 900 unmatched CPUs, 250 GPUs, 7000 motherboards and almost 10k mobile phones or other small devices. I'm currently in the process of adding a lot new stuff to db but as always time is the limiting factor.

3. CPU affinity for selected cores
You can set either to one core of your choice or all cores. But it would be neat to make it possible to select 2 cores of 4 for instance.

4. Screenshots
Especially on old systems, jpg is sometimes too much for a system running on the edge. I've seen it more than enough that a system finished SuperPi but failed to save the screenshot. I mean you could bench, downclock to safe values and try again but maybe you could give the user a choice to configure that? Something like an ultra low resource mode. ;)

Overall I'm extremely happy with what you created and looking forward that this will be our one and only tool for submitting subs to the bot. I probably need to test this with old systems, btw. does this tool work with Win2000 or 98 ? If so, could you integrate that new oldschool CPU-Z?

• Members
26 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

Overall I'm extremely happy with what you created and looking forward that this will be our one and only tool for submitting subs to the bot. I probably need to test this with old systems, btw. does this tool work with Win2000 or 98 ? If so, could you integrate that new oldschool CPU-Z?

I believe it's only 7 onwards.

• Crew
37 minutes ago, Strunkenbold said:

I've just used benchmate for the first time (yeah kinda late) and I'm pretty much amazed of it. Makes things so easier!

Just some small things:

1. Isn't still CPU-Z needed for proper verification screen?
I might missed the discussion, and I'm sorry if I was decided to not being necessary anymore and I don't know about it, but if its sill needed, do we can launch CPU-Z main & mem tab automatically if the user press "save result"? Right now your system information comes from HWinfo, right? The bot actually relied since the beginning on CPU and GPU-Z and still would find it useful to include them.

Think of launching 2 or 3 instances of CPUZ could crash the rig too. not sure if it is a great idea to automate that. Also Matt would like to get rid of CPUZ tabs in general, I'm not in favour of that, with them it still makes comparison easier to see the settings

• Like 3

• Crew
1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Think of launching 2 or 3 instances of CPUZ could crash the rig too. not sure if it is a great idea to automate that. Also Matt would like to get rid of CPUZ tabs in general, I'm not in favour of that, with them it still makes comparison easier to see the settings

I just thinking of making it as user friendly as possible. So the question stands, is CPU-Z still needed for a valid submission? Benchmate benchmarks have no rules on the page. 

If required, make the user aware of it. Either by automation or with a message box. 

In most situations, it's not needed to be "super cautious" about crashes. So the automation would be nice. Why not let user simply deactivate that behavior in the options?

In this regard, it would be nice to let the user edit options of CPU-Z.ini in benchmate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I submitted a ticket earlier today.

When I start anything from the latest launcher I got an error message claiming that an attempt was made to start an illegal instruction. Then the bench is just closed but the laucher stays alive without crashing.

If I start the app directly from the apps folder of benchmate, no problem, no crash. Everything was still working properly yesterday evening.

Since I started to crash I did couple of things :

-Removed my OC - full stock rig / Tested another CPU as in first instance I though that it damaged the CPU with an excess of volts in my last session...

-Reset of the bios / Bios update.

-Reinstallation of the OS (W10 64 Bit), fully updated just for test purpose.

-Downloaded Benchmate again.

No improvement.

Thanks for your input and for the great work you have done with this new tool. Making our life way easier ! Thumb up.

You are probably using a CPU that is currently not supported. The AES-NI instruction set is necessary for now to do fast file integrity checks.

The next version, BenchMate 0.11, won't need the instruction set and runs even on socket 775. That's the oldest platform I have here for testing. It will be available for download in the next couple of days (asap).

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _mat_ said:

You are probably using a CPU that is currently not supported. The AES-NI instruction set is necessary for now to do fast file integrity checks.

The next version, BenchMate 0.11, won't need the instruction set and runs even on socket 775. That's the oldest platform I have here for testing. It will be available for download in the next couple of days (asap).

Thanks a lot dude ! I went back to an i5 s1156 and as you said it worked. I didn’t knew that i5 and i3 had not the same instructions. 

Anyway, thanks again for your great work and commitment. 

• Thanks 1

First successful results of BenchMate 0.11 running a QX9650 on an ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA and a GTX 9800. ?

image_id_2291237.thumb.jpg.96e94e2b12066663a6f8f697539afd9a.jpg

3DMark03: https://hwbot.org/submission/4328329_
SuperPI 1M with Virtual RAMDisk enabled: https://hwbot.org/submission/4328289_

CPU is at 3G, don't hate me. It was hard enough to get the system working, making BenchMate compatible was rather easy in comparison. :D

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Alex Bese

Hey guys!

So I've got a problem with GPUPI, specifically 3.2. It finishes the run, but then when I want to save the .result file, it saves a 0 byte file and the program closes automatically. This is starting the program from benchmate. If I open it without benchmate, it says "could not encrypt data checksum". What does this mean? What am I doing wrong? It's a normal 64bit win10 install, without any tweaks and stuff.

CPU is an R7 2700, mobo is B450 Tomahawk.

Also 3.3.3 works just fine.

Guest Alex Bese
56 minutes ago, Splave said:

hey I think I know whats going on on that one. Dont save the score in GPUPI go to the benchmate app and press save result instead. 

save.jpg

Yeah I tried that too now, but then benchmate doesn't let me save, because it detects that my gpu is running 0mhz core and memory, which of course is not true. It's running on full stock, so I don't know. :(

Maybe it's because the win10 install is pretty old?  

anyad.PNG