HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

9 hours ago, nickname2019 said:

I disabled a ton of services for my SuperPi 32M run and broke BenchMate.  Can you tell me what I broke to end up with this error?  If this screenshot isn't enough please tell me what you need.  Thank you.

The only service you need to have enabled is WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). But this is not related to services, this looks like a bug with capturing the result.

Do you have the window minimized or resized during the run? This could trigger a bug like this, because the SuperPi window is not up-to-date during the result capturing, hence the result can't be parsed.

If you want minimizing, please use the "Auto Minimize" tweak:

image.thumb.png.a01ef8ee1b30f2c61576e9b9f231fc0a.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, _mat_ said:

The only service you need to have enabled is WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). But this is not related to services, this looks like a bug with capturing the result.

Do you have the window minimized or resized during the run? This could trigger a bug like this, because the SuperPi window is not up-to-date during the result capturing, hence the result can't be parsed.

If you want minimizing, please use the "Auto Minimize" tweak:

image.thumb.png.a01ef8ee1b30f2c61576e9b9f231fc0a.png

Ahhhh yes that's exactly what I did.  Thank you for telling me how to correct this.  

Welp  I used the Auto Minimize function successfully once, but on my two best runs BenchMate recognized SuperPi as still Running after SuperPi 32M completed and as such I couldn't save my best scores.  Don't know if that's causation or correlation.  Can you advise me please.  

Yeah, the tweak is definitely not perfect. It is possible that it ends up in the same bug depending on the system (for example no GPU driver or slow GPU).

I have already rewritten the whole SuperPi integration to circumvent these issues. But as you can guess this has not been released yet. So for now, please just run SuperPi without any resize tweaks. On 32M this should have any significant impact.

Hey @_mat_ I'm trying to run wPrime through BenchMate and it tries to start CPUZ 1.4 and that fails.  I'm assuming that's why my score can't be validated through BenchMate as BenchMate doesn't see my RAM details.  I've searched around and can't figure this out.  Can you help me please.  

And thank you so much for all the help you've already provided me.  

wPrime Problem.png

wPrime Problem 2.jpg

Edited by nick_name

The CPU-Z error does not influence BenchMate. I guess you just have installed the very old CPU-Z version within wPrime by using the "Install Missing Libraries". You can undo that by deleting the CPU-Z* files in the wPrime directory.

As for the memory size error: That sucks and should not happen. I think your case is a good reason to give you access to an early prerelease of BenchMate 0.11: https://www.overclockers.at/downloads/projects/BenchMate 0.11-big.exe

Btw, SuperPi + Auto Minimize should work correctly as well.

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:46 AM, nick_name said:

Many thanks.  (for the link)

I just hit my personal best and I can't sub it.  Breaks my heart.  

Cant Sub.jpg

Thanks @_mat_ for pointing me in the direction to get this fixed.  It was a WMI problem and I fixed it with a .bat file from:

https://gist.github.com/p0rkjello/3a0a9f64fac3bc3aa9bdfabdad64d10a

The .bat file re-registers DLL files and rebuilds MOF files.  

Edited by nick_name
Parity

1 minute ago, nick_name said:

Thanks @_mat_ for pointing me in the direction to get this fixed.  It was a WMI problem and I fixed it with a .bat file from:

https://gist.github.com/p0rkjello/3a0a9f64fac3bc3aa9bdfabdad64d10a

The .bat file re-registers DLL files and rebuilds MOF files.  

I guess I should attach the .bat file too.  

FIX WMI.BAT

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, _mat_ said:

It doesn't work with the latest Geekbench version, you have to use an earlier version. Geekbench dev changed something, probably not by accident. ;)

Some version do perform better, so check other results what they are using.

Thank you kindly, at least I had the old downloads on my added hard drive and it is working now.  Unfortunately I sit with the same issue for Superpi 32M. ....  I state 32M as the 1M works, but 32M don't want to save.

Will release a new stable version tomorrow. SuperPi should work fine with it and lots of other bugs fixed.

Edit: As a workaround I think you just need to make the SuperPi window bigger so it fits all text for 32M. And don't minimize it during the run. That was especially buggy with 0.9.3.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

guys, is posible change Benchmate Superpi affinity to another core than core1? Example AMD Ryzens or Threadrippers have detection for best one core and best few next cores in Ryzen Master. 

Or only way is add manually another Superpi benchamrk on my disc and after change affinity? 

Thanks.

Right click on SuperPi in BenchMate's launchpad and set affinity to any core you want. Or don't change the setting and let the OS decide. On modern OSes this will automatically use the best core communicated by the CPU. On Win 7 with unsupported CPU gens you will need to set this manually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the donation! Very much appreciated!

Beta3 with lots of improvements, y-cruncher integration and working CB R20 and R23 integration is nearly done. If the testing goes smooth, it should be available for Patreons tomorrow. ❤️

(I will send you the link)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, _mat_ said:

Right click on SuperPi in BenchMate's launchpad and set affinity to any core you want. Or don't change the setting and let the OS decide. On modern OSes this will automatically use the best core communicated by the CPU. On Win 7 with unsupported CPU gens you will need to set this manually.

Interesting, it was not worked, look at this part of video  1:58:15 and next few seconds

• 1 month later...