HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

Dear All,

I need quick help, i would like to bench with ryzen 3900 and impact viii (0017 bios), stock clocks zero overclock yet

cinebench R15 does not start at all... I receive this error. fresh installed w10, drivers installed, did anyone see similar error?

thanks a lot!
Bala

83015274_2547893838643053_5167325709877641216_n.jpg

Edited by Achill3uS
  • Like 1

NVIDIA driver accessing the process memory of the benchmark, which is for obvious reasons not allowed.

I have already fixed this, it will be released with BM 0.11.

You can either use BM 0.9.3 (which does not protect against that specific memory access) or an AMD graphics card.

• Thanks 1

This app has given me nightmares before but today was the worst. New win10, all works, i go fullpot on a 3900x, try cinebench, works, raise a bit rrstart, after restart i get could not initiate benchmate driver. Application is not compatible the currently running driver version... Reinstalled this app, same, cleared prefetch cache whatever, same, other benchmarks were ofc running fine except this so i had to reinstall windows. After few crashes ...again...same message

Did you use multiple BenchMate versions on the same OS? Switching between 0.9.3 and 0.10.x for example does this.

The upcoming release allows new versions to be run right next to old ones without any conflicts. Services, driver and all are available seperately for reach version, each component has their own version postfix. So please be patient, the next version will improve on all fronts. :)

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

I see, yeah i used older one for geekbench. Glad to hear this. Any idea how stressful is benchmate on memory? With 4860 c14 i was able to run everything and got this error from time to time however after few restarts it worked. With 5000c14 i was able to run everything except benchmate, ran geekbench few times in a row but benchmate would never start, even if i reboot many times. 

BenchMate is implemented to use next to no ressources, especially during the benchmark BenchMate does nothing to interfere. All action is triggered by hooks inside the benchmark process, which dictates what BenchMate is showing. The only exception is the sensor measurement, that happens once every second. We need that to define the new benchmark standard that gives more understanding what happens during the benchmark. This will make much more sense with BenchMate 0.12, were all the data will come to life. It's going to be a beatiful graph orgy for sure.

2 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

but benchmate would never start, even if i reboot many times.

What happened exactly? BenchMate applies next to no load on the CPU when it is starting up. The only part that does need some ressources is the verification of the installation files to make sure they weren't tampered with. I doubt that this comes anywhere close to the workloads that Geekbench applies.

• Crew

You really should read up Cerulliber first before

a) report things that have been discussed before ( there is no more GB3/4 support in newer Benchmate versions, rules state clearly you need an older version of BM)

b) start reporting people, subs , amongst of which is the developer of Benchmate. Now that will provide you some support ?

On 2/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, _mat_ said:

BenchMate is implemented to use next to no ressources, especially during the benchmark BenchMate does nothing to interfere. All action is triggered by hooks inside the benchmark process, which dictates what BenchMate is showing. The only exception is the sensor measurement, that happens once every second. We need that to define the new benchmark standard that gives more understanding what happens during the benchmark. This will make much more sense with BenchMate 0.12, were all the data will come to life. It's going to be a beatiful graph orgy for sure.

What happened exactly? BenchMate applies next to no load on the CPU when it is starting up. The only part that does need some ressources is the verification of the installation files to make sure they weren't tampered with. I doubt that this comes anywhere close to the workloads that Geekbench applies.

Well, i have 0.9.3 and 0.10.5 or whatever is latest in D partition . I install clean os, run either older or latest depending on benchmark. Stock configuration, no issue. I go and bench with mems 4800c14-4860c14, 2/3 restarts it works properly. Then i tried 5000c14, ran geekbench, it passed few times in a row but your benchmate will give the error i already mentioned. I restarted dozen of times, not working. Get back to 4800c14, it works. Simple as that.  

Yeah this is already known in xtreme overclocking, you get errors that are simply not explainable and if djikstra passes multiple times in a row and your app doesn't start with higher mem cocks, what can i conclude? 

It still doen't make sense, i mean when you extract you are not like installing a app in program files, registry etc etc, it's just a damn stand-alone exe right...? Would it make any differnece if i delede one now after i already ran both or i guess clean windows is required? As i said, on stock settings they work as expected, even 4800 with loose timings they work perfect, now when you start pushing things they hang. I know this is programming and in programming world 1+1<>2 but still, it's not fun...

It is not just a single executable, it is so much more. It is a launcher application, three services, a kernel driver, the client application and 5 DLLs. Then there is the bug report tool and a hardware detection debug tool.

I made it portable, because I knew that this will be the best for overclockers. You can even run it on a USB stick, it works just as fine. But if for example the system hangs and leaves broken services behind, these will interfere when you start a different BenchMate versions afterwards.

In any case, this has been fixed and will be soon available for download. I'm really close with finishing BenchMate 0.11, which will make our lifes better for sure. Don't forget that this is an alpha software from a single guy that is so low on funding, that it's not funny anymore. This is early stages for something that nobody has every tried before. It is supposed to be no fun.

I have a Thank You and a Request ?

I have a EVGA x299 Dark & i9-10940x with BIOS 1.21.

I'm currently working on benching it in Win 7 with a AIO. I can not get WPrime to run as I get an error BUT BM 0.10.5 does not have this problem as it correctly detects the CPU and runs WPrime - Thank You. I did not have this problem with my i9-7900x or i9-9820x.

Request - I know this not your fault BUT - I hope someone with a contact at EVGA can fix this problem. In Win 7 you can not run EleetX while BM is also running. <- I know I'm a nobody but someone might like to have this option for easier OCing.  

Thanks, very much appreciated. :)

BenchMate itself is not doing anything nasty, I was very careful with direct hardware access. My guess is that HWiNFO is intervening with the SMBus communication of EleetX. This should only be a problem during the benchmark run though, because otherwise HWiNFO is not doing anything after successful startup.

Edited by _mat_

14 minutes ago, tomekmak said:

Hi there. 

I am trying to use Benchmate with my Haswell with Asus 9600GT without succes. 

Any tips ?

Benchmate_Error.png

What cpu? If it's a celeron or pentium then question is answered above 

On 2/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, _mat_ said:

Processor doesn't support AES-NI instruction set, so BenchMate can't verify that the files haven't been tampered with.

I have already wrote a backwards-compatible code path that no longer imposes that limit. It will be released with BenchMate 0.11.