HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2019 thread

Leeghoofd

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Xeons are allowed up to 6 cores, I added a lot of limitations to the compo itself

So this means that we can run sandy/ivy xeons as well as haswell/broadwell xeons (shhhh). Also similar vein, if I somehow get a 9900k or 5960x/6950x working with ddr3 those are allowed in the less specific stages?

Edited by yosarianilives

24 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

So this means that we can run sandy/ivy xeons as well as haswell/broadwell xeons (shhhh). Also similar vein, if I somehow get a 9900k or 5960x/6950x working with ddr3 those are allowed in the less specific stages?

You might be able to, but only for the iGPU stage (are there Xeons with iGPUs?) or the Dogpile stage. :P

Edited by Noxinite

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

and for that reason it mentions sandy.ivy and haswell, no Broadwell for that stage, I'll exclude the 1151(v2) and 2011-3 from DDR3

Can we drop haswell then? Cause now it's just gonna a haswell comp (4770k+4770r+4980hq), I feel like if we're trying to avoid people complaining about needing "rare" 5775c then we should make sure that it's not about the even "rarer" dual pcb mobile chips on s1150.

5 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

You got a Hunan board from china or something, because you're talking about 6950X on DDR3? :P

• Crew
3 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

So that means skylake and kabylake are still allowed in the dogpile stage? Only CFL and hwe/bwe are disallowed?

LGA1151 is Skylake and Kabylake,, 1151v2 is coffeelake at HWBot... so no...

No Iris Pro  IGPUs,, only Sandy/Ivy and Haswell onboard graphics...  anyway it's not about the CPU you use but the onboard iGPU, I thought the 4770 and 4770K both have HD4600 right?

No mobile chips in the stages either... desktop only , for dogpile feel free

Edited by Leeghoofd

21 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

LGA1151 is Skylake and Kabylake,, 1151v2 is coffeelake at HWBot... so no...

So 6700k and 7700k are allowed with ddr3?

22 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

No Iris Pro  IGPUs,, only Sandy/Ivy and Haswell onboard graphics...  anyway it's not about the CPU you use but the onboard iGPU, I thought the 4770 and 4770K both have HD4600 right?

Iris pro igp is on die, however there are none with cpu socket of 1150. So if you specify lga 1150+1155 no broadwell then that will work, otherwise if it's purely by arch we will see 4980hq running on m7i as a god tier igp compared to all else.

• Confused 1

• Crew
17 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

So 6700k and 7700k are allowed with ddr3?

Iris pro igp is on die, however there are none with cpu socket of 1150. So if you specify lga 1150+1155 no broadwell then that will work, otherwise if it's purely by arch we will see 4980hq running on m7i as a god tier igp compared to all else.

no and no, check the competition page first:, the rules are and were: 

• multiple submissions per user allowed
  • Xeon CPUs allowed up to 6 cores
  • Processors with a socket LGA1151, LGA1151 v2 socket, LGA2011-3 socketsocket are forbidden.

• Only use processors using socket LGA1150, LGA1155 socket.
  • A VALID Futuremark verification link is required (latest Systeminfo required)
  • No discrete GPUs allowed
  • Only use processors based on the Sandy/Ivy Bridge or Haswell architecture
Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew

@Noxinite   Configured by socket, so you need 3 different sockets .... 

20 minutes ago, avalanche said:

Holy shit O.o That's only a week ... better start shopping

Maybe some will understand now why I didn't specify too many limitations....

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's alot to do in this comp ... not so much new parts either. So a team is going to need bust out those old parts that are hoarded. :P Oh this will be fun scrambling

3 hours ago, TAGG said:

You got a Hunan board from china or something, because you're talking about 6950X on DDR3? :P

I'm pretty sure it's only Haswell-EX Xeons that have DDR3 on LGA2011-3, the DDR3 boards don't list support for i7s.

Anyway, competition looks good.  I like how open many of the stages are.