HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

+1

shame that something that "used" to be such a big achievement has been dropped.

Raw MHz ftw:cool:

Considering it is also THE most popular benchmark @ hwbot, the decision to remove it seems not very well thought out. We always see 'the numbers' rolled out to support other ideas, in this case they seem to have been ignored.

http://www.hwbot.org/benchmark.do

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't everybody say the same of ReV3 ? And now everybody loves it... this ain't an overnite change... some people have been having restless nites, weeks , months about this rev...

Even if you don't like it, too bad it's gonna come anyway... It's either adapt or suck it up like it happens in real life...

I have said my peace on this revision. Now let's get it released!

I'm reporting a bug, maybe: I saw that my account on rev4 has almost all the benchmarks with the "do not partecipate in rankings" checked.

Don't know if it's a transitory "issue", in that case ignore it :)

Oh and while trying to uncheck this option, I noticed a few submissions without the "edit" button, maybe this is another bug.

Not sure if this IS how it looks... but is the test server set in a such a way that a user can be awarded global points more than once for the same benchmark?

My AM3 1x GPU and 2x GPU are both in my best 15 scores....

Should the best 15 global scores get points.... or scores from the best 15 different benchmarks? :)

Didn't everybody say the same of ReV3 ? And now everybody loves it... this ain't an overnite change... some people have been having restless nites, weeks , months about this rev...

Even if you don't like it, too bad it's gonna come anyway... It's either adapt or suck it up like it happens in real life...

I agree with this statement, some things about Rev4 I like and some I don't, but looking at Rev4 there has been way too much work put into it to set it aside now.

Toss the chips in the air and see where they land.

Bring on Rev 4...

and +100,102 on CPU-Z

Vin

I see that the hardware/global points for applications have been enabled/disabled on our own test server (with limited amount of results). So, when the next UAT build is final, the changes should be applied.

Yes, let's hold a poll: "Do you want more points?".

I see that the hardware/global points for applications have been enabled/disabled on our own test server (with limited amount of results). So, when the next UAT build is final, the changes should be applied.

Yes, let's hold a poll: "Do you want more points?".

yes:p

Would be nice to have in the hardware library just in front of the name of the hardware something like ''results'' (our submissions with the hardware in question), not just the hardware name and when we clic it we just have the global ranking.

Hardware Library extentions are for R4.1. What you asked for was already planned (see original R4 documents).

Thanks all. Just added feedback to our 'to-do'-list. Keep giving feedback!

Go back and take pictures of all my submittal's, a lot of the hardware, I do not have anymore.

That is a legitimate complaint/question. Added this to the R4 backlog to re-evaluate the decision to require pictures for the Enthusiast League.

because now there are bigger sponsors behind hwbot.

:confused:

Would be nice,(maybe already planned and ready, anyway I ask) that when a result is blocked the engine does a recalc of the rank/points in the category in question.

Same when somebody is banned.

Cause with the actual rev, when the submission ranked 2nd get blocked, the one ranked 3rd and below doesn't win a rank, there is nothing, they stuck at 3rd and below and the should be 2nd and below.

More points is meaningless if everyone has the same opportunity for more points..... It's about rewarding a very popular benchmark where great results still turn heads.

+1

Would like to see a CPU-Z poll unless Massman has already made his decision with any other Hwbot staff and thats it.

As CPUZ is getting hardware points as it stands with Rev4 then what additional benefit or gain will there be to members if CPUZ submission are awarded global points?

I could understand the discontent if CPUZ was not receiving any hardware points at all, but that is not the case. CPUZ will continue to score hardware points.

What am I missing?

Some pictures of the finetuning based on the feedback we received.

- improved member result table

- more clear distinction between global, hardware and wr points in table

- user points tab now showing 15 global and 20 hardware that contribute to personal score

- region/country filters for user leagues now work

- improved benchmark/hardware ranking table

120.jpg

217.jpg