LN2 costs

Mean Machine

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to bring this thread back up. :P

CAD$3.5 / L LN2 is the best I can find in Toronto (although have a potential lead on another supplier thanks to another bencher)

CAD$1 / lb DICE

I've been whining about these prices for a while but after seeing what some of you guys overseas are paying, I think I'll shut up now. :P

• Crew

Even in Montréal its expensibe.. about 5$/l... with small qua tity.

But once you go avove 50l the price drop (not the same ditri)..

Cost basically the same for 50l or 180l, its just not the same appro workflow and restrictio n (cannot bring a 180l dewar to my home for example.)

• 3 weeks later...

Found a new awesome ln2 supplier close to my area. But I have to buy in big quantity in order for the price to go down.

So, I made a deal with them that I'll get 160L but I have to come and pick it up 60L partial every time I need ln2 and

they are ok with it :). So now I'm paying 160L for $133 out of the door way way cheaper compared to if I go and fill

my 2 30L tanks they would charge me for $60 just to fill my 1 30L tank.

Thanks to Nitro-Derm :ws: and bye bye airgas ($1.60/L) :(

Edited by dhenzjhen

$0.85c per liter if I buy a 230L, so can't complain to much, but what upset's me is Airgas is a coast to coast chain in the US and their rates are all over the place. Lowest I have seen is $0.40c per liter to as much as $7.00 per liter such a sliding scale depending on how much you negotiate your rate.

$0.85c per liter if I buy a 230L, so can't complain to much, but what upset's me is Airgas is a coast to coast chain in the US and their rates are all over the place. Lowest I have seen is $0.40c per liter to as much as $7.00 per liter such a sliding scale depending on how much you negotiate your rate.

Awesome price. USA is reach country and hardware and LN cost there less then in poor country like Ukraine. If vompare average salary in USA and Ukraine it gets more cheaper I would rather say extremely cheap as for me.

I go to FT. Worth Welders supply. Normal price is $1/L, but I've been going for a few years and negotiated a better price. No hazmat fees either. I did see something about an Air Liquide, but I never looked into it much. I had a place about 5 minutes from the house that charged me about $1.25/L, but then they changed things up and tried to charge me $3/L. Shame having people live so close that share the same hobby and never getting together.