HWBOT Community Forums

The official Cheapaz Chips Round 1 HD5770 thread.

marco.is.not.80

3 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Just so you know I didn't mean to suggest I would be using Crossfire (and pretty sure that's not allowed) but rather I purchased an extra one in case I blow the first one up modding it.

Oh no no don't worry, I just had that light bulb moment when I looked at the rules and saw it wasn't noted. :)

• Haha 1

Guest Alex Bese
1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Just got a heads up from Thermal Grizzly that they will offer some prize money for top 3 in both Cheapaz rounds!!!!

1st spot: $200 USD
2nd spot: $100 USD
3rd spot: $50 USD

Transferred via paypal

Is it just for this Cheapaz, or there will be prizes for other comps in the future too? :) 

• Crew
2 minutes ago, Alex Bese said:

Is it just for this Cheapaz, or there will be prizes for other comps in the future too? :) 

More stuff is in the pipeline, but first things first:  the paperwork needs to be completed before anything will get changed here.

This prize money is offered by the kind people Thermal Grizzly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Crew
34 minutes ago, Nwalm said:

I have the hardware for both Cheapaz, was waiting for this. But i dont do LN2 so i am out of both. Maybe better luck next time. Nice background yes ;)

Just try to be the best of your cooling category.... if everybody would only bench if they were sure to win it would only be the same 3 people benching and grabbing a prize right.... it's all about having fun & sharing things...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Just try to be the best of your cooling category.... if everybody would only bench if they were sure to win it would only be the same 3 people benching and grabbing a prize right.... it's all about having fun & sharing things...

Its not about being sure to win at all, i am pretty sure i would not stand a chance even with a temperature limit. there is some people who know perfectly there craft here,  and i am not one of them ? Its just that with this name i was expecting a Competition made around the idea of accessibility. (And its the first time i had adequat hardware to do more than just participate to one of them). In the end its my fault for not knowing what Cheapaz was about  ;) That being said it would be great to also have some competitions enticing for the whole HWBot community.

Anyway, i have posted some score for everything. But there is still an issue i had already pointed out : I cant launch Firestrike with both the latest systeminfo and hardware monitoring activated. So i have posted a firestrike graphic score with Hardware Monitoring desactivated but i dont know what is the regulation here.

[edit:]Oh, and while I'm at it. Would it be possible to ad my APU motherboard to the database ? (Gigabyte B450M S2H) it seem i am the only one using this thing here (work great!)

Edited by Nwalm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nwalm said:

Its not about being sure to win at all, i am pretty sure i would not stand a chance even with a temperature limit. there is some people who know perfectly there craft here,  and i am not one of them ? Its just that with this name i was expecting a Competition made around the idea of accessibility. (And its the first time i had adequat hardware to do more than just participate to one of them). In the end its my fault for not knowing what Cheapaz was about  ;)That being said it would be great to also have some competitions enticing for the whole HWBot community.

Anyway, i have posted some score for everything. But there is still an issue i had already pointed out : I cant launch Firestrike with both the latest systeminfo and hardware monitoring activated. So i have posted a firestrike graphic score with Hardware Monitoring desactivated but i dont know what is the regulation here.

[edit:]Oh, and while I'm at it. Would it be possible to ad my APU motherboard to the database ? (Gigabyte B450M S2H) it seem i am the only one using this thing here (work great!)

Look at the challenger divisions. Those are hardware/temperature/frequency limited depending on the division. Everyone can find one to be competitive in :)

Huge THANKS to Thermal Grizzly for putting up prize money!!

Edited by bigblock990
  • Like 1

I know I'm limited by my card(s). I have 2 MSI Hawk's and they have a large/tall capacitor above the GPU. It's right above the memory and kills any chance of Dice or Water Cooling :( I have a set of EKWB Thero's and a Quad set of Watercool GPU-X that will not fit ? . I have just ordered a EKWB generic GPU cooler hoping it will fit in the space. 

Anybody else know of different water blocks that might work ??

24 minutes ago, MaddMutt said:

I know I'm limited by my card(s). I have 2 MSI Hawk's and they have a large/tall capacitor above the GPU. It's right above the memory and kills any chance of Dice or Water Cooling :( I have a set of EKWB Thero's and a Quad set of Watercool GPU-X that will not fit ? . I have just ordered a EKWB generic GPU cooler hoping it will fit in the space. 

Got some spare caps and a soldering iron? Take that cap off an put it on the back ;) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

Look at the picture i have posted with my benchs, its a MSI Hawk too. None of my block worked, but this do the job well enough for water cooling ;)

• Like 1