Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

The official Cheapaz Chips Round 1 HD5770 thread.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got a heads up from Thermal Grizzly that they will offer some prize money for top 3 in both Cheapaz rounds!!!! 1st spot: $200 USD 2nd spot: $100 USD 3rd spot: $50 USD   Transferred

Just try to be the best of your cooling category.... if everybody would only bench if they were sure to win it would only be the same 3 people benching and grabbing a prize right.... it's all about ha

credit goes to @DaQuteness

Posted Images

3 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Just so you know I didn't mean to suggest I would be using Crossfire (and pretty sure that's not allowed) but rather I purchased an extra one in case I blow the first one up modding it.

Oh no no don't worry, I just had that light bulb moment when I looked at the rules and saw it wasn't noted. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Alex Bese
1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Just got a heads up from Thermal Grizzly that they will offer some prize money for top 3 in both Cheapaz rounds!!!!

1st spot: $200 USD
2nd spot: $100 USD
3rd spot: $50 USD

 

Transferred via paypal

Is it just for this Cheapaz, or there will be prizes for other comps in the future too? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Crew
2 minutes ago, Alex Bese said:

Is it just for this Cheapaz, or there will be prizes for other comps in the future too? :) 

More stuff is in the pipeline, but first things first:  the paperwork needs to be completed before anything will get changed here.

This prize money is offered by the kind people Thermal Grizzly.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Crew
34 minutes ago, Nwalm said:

I have the hardware for both Cheapaz, was waiting for this. But i dont do LN2 so i am out of both. Maybe better luck next time. Nice background yes ;)

Just try to be the best of your cooling category.... if everybody would only bench if they were sure to win it would only be the same 3 people benching and grabbing a prize right.... it's all about having fun & sharing things...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Just try to be the best of your cooling category.... if everybody would only bench if they were sure to win it would only be the same 3 people benching and grabbing a prize right.... it's all about having fun & sharing things...

Its not about being sure to win at all, i am pretty sure i would not stand a chance even with a temperature limit. there is some people who know perfectly there craft here,  and i am not one of them 😛 Its just that with this name i was expecting a Competition made around the idea of accessibility. (And its the first time i had adequat hardware to do more than just participate to one of them). In the end its my fault for not knowing what Cheapaz was about  ;) That being said it would be great to also have some competitions enticing for the whole HWBot community.

 

Anyway, i have posted some score for everything. But there is still an issue i had already pointed out : I cant launch Firestrike with both the latest systeminfo and hardware monitoring activated. So i have posted a firestrike graphic score with Hardware Monitoring desactivated but i dont know what is the regulation here.

 

[edit:]Oh, and while I'm at it. Would it be possible to ad my APU motherboard to the database ? (Gigabyte B450M S2H) it seem i am the only one using this thing here (work great!)

Edited by Nwalm
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nwalm said:

Its not about being sure to win at all, i am pretty sure i would not stand a chance even with a temperature limit. there is some people who know perfectly there craft here,  and i am not one of them 😛 Its just that with this name i was expecting a Competition made around the idea of accessibility. (And its the first time i had adequat hardware to do more than just participate to one of them). In the end its my fault for not knowing what Cheapaz was about  ;)That being said it would be great to also have some competitions enticing for the whole HWBot community.

 

Anyway, i have posted some score for everything. But there is still an issue i had already pointed out : I cant launch Firestrike with both the latest systeminfo and hardware monitoring activated. So i have posted a firestrike graphic score with Hardware Monitoring desactivated but i dont know what is the regulation here.

 

[edit:]Oh, and while I'm at it. Would it be possible to ad my APU motherboard to the database ? (Gigabyte B450M S2H) it seem i am the only one using this thing here (work great!)

Look at the challenger divisions. Those are hardware/temperature/frequency limited depending on the division. Everyone can find one to be competitive in :)

 

Huge THANKS to Thermal Grizzly for putting up prize money!!

Edited by bigblock990
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm limited by my card(s). I have 2 MSI Hawk's and they have a large/tall capacitor above the GPU. It's right above the memory and kills any chance of Dice or Water Cooling :( I have a set of EKWB Thero's and a Quad set of Watercool GPU-X that will not fit 😞 . I have just ordered a EKWB generic GPU cooler hoping it will fit in the space. 

Anybody else know of different water blocks that might work ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MaddMutt said:

I know I'm limited by my card(s). I have 2 MSI Hawk's and they have a large/tall capacitor above the GPU. It's right above the memory and kills any chance of Dice or Water Cooling :( I have a set of EKWB Thero's and a Quad set of Watercool GPU-X that will not fit 😞 . I have just ordered a EKWB generic GPU cooler hoping it will fit in the space. 

Anybody else know of different water blocks that might work ??

Got some spare caps and a soldering iron? Take that cap off an put it on the back ;) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MaddMutt said:

I know I'm limited by my card(s). I have 2 MSI Hawk's and they have a large/tall capacitor above the GPU. It's right above the memory and kills any chance of Dice or Water Cooling :( I have a set of EKWB Thero's and a Quad set of Watercool GPU-X that will not fit 😞 . I have just ordered a EKWB generic GPU cooler hoping it will fit in the space. 

Anybody else know of different water blocks that might work ??

Look at the picture i have posted with my benchs, its a MSI Hawk too. None of my block worked, but this do the job well enough for water cooling ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...