HWBOT Community Forums

The official Cheapaz Chips Round 1 HD5770 thread.

marco.is.not.80

1 hour ago, ShaggySVK said:

Is Systeminfo Monitoring required to have enabled while running 3DM Firestrike? Cannot get past systeminfo scanner stopped working error in every OS if monitoring in 3DM is enabled. 

Did you try using older version of system info? I have ran into issues with the newest versions not always cooperating with legacy gpus.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ShaggySVK said:

Just realised rules dont specify systeminfo version for Firestrike, only for 3DM 11. Didnt find any other 5.26.xxx except 5.26.809. Older versions worked for me fine too. 

Post which version worked for you on 3d11 and FS, maybe we can get an update to the rules if 5.26 is causing issues.

• Like 1

• Crew

Other 2 users seem to have no problems with Firestrike with 5.26 systeminfo running, hardware monitoring can be turned off...

Anyway the general rules were updated a while ago with 5.26 systeminfo only for all of the FM benchmarks, will add it to the compo rules (my bad)

• Sad 1

• Crew
8 minutes ago, bigblock990 said:

Post which version worked for you on 3d11 and FS, maybe we can get an update to the rules if 5.26 is causing issues.

We can lower to 5.25 but I need more input than just a stand alone case, cbjaust and Nwalm seem to be okay with 5.26

• Confused 1

3DM11 works fine with latest 5.26 systeminfo. But Firestrike is causing issues -Nwalm also had monitoring disabled (which solves the error) second workaround is to use win 10 and wait for firestrike to load which takes 30+ minutes with Monitoring enabled(monitoring disabled loads normally and works). Win 7, 8, 8.1 and WS12 crash on error mentioned before(during systeminfo scan).

• Sad 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:14 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Just try to be the best of your cooling category.... if everybody would only bench if they were sure to win it would only be the same 3 people benching and grabbing a prize right.... it's all about having fun & sharing things...

might be good to make something like an "honorable mention" for best air/water/above zero user in each competion that include extreme cooling, so that everyone could have a goal ?

56 minutes ago, TheQuentincc said:

might be good to make something like an "honorable mention" for best air/water/above zero user in each competion that include extreme cooling, so that everyone could have a goal ?

Honorable mention is coolest/best mods done, although usually that's also the person in first...

• Like 1

Took out the HD5770 1GB from an old MacPro, repasted it, but I'm having issues booting with it in my rig, anyone knows if it's related to it not being in the MacPro (know Apple pulled a few stunts like that tin the past). I really would like to join in on the fun. (first challenge I would get in)

IMG_20200304_204540.jpg

On 3/3/2020 at 6:33 PM, ShaggySVK said:

3DM11 works fine with latest 5.26 systeminfo. But Firestrike is causing issues -Nwalm also had monitoring disabled (which solves the error) second workaround is to use win 10 and wait for firestrike to load which takes 30+ minutes with Monitoring enabled(monitoring disabled loads normally and works). Win 7, 8, 8.1 and WS12 crash on error mentioned before(during systeminfo scan).

On 3/3/2020 at 3:37 PM, Leeghoofd said:

Other 2 users seem to have no problems with Firestrike with 5.26 systeminfo running, hardware monitoring can be turned off...

Anyway the general rules were updated a while ago with 5.26 systeminfo only for all of the FM benchmarks, will add it to the compo rules (my bad)

Here on Win7 the firestrike loading is very very slow, not 30 minutes but 5-10 minutes for sure without disabling monitoring, but I don't know why the FM link says "Hardware monitoring was disabled. Results without hardware monitoring data are not eligible for the 3DMark Hall of Fame." https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/44618679

I didn't try win10

Edited by superpatodonaldo
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...