HWBOT Community Forums

[General] - Any question too big to remain unanswered but too small to start a new thread for ...

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm having an identity crisis. When I went to bed last night, I was I.M.O.G. Now when I came back to HWBot I'm apparently Jaymz9350. But I don't feel like him, I still feel like me.

This is the 2nd time over the past week that I've returned to HWBot and found I was logged in as someone else.

I am I.M.O.G. damnit!

I think I'm having an identity crisis. When I went to bed last night, I was I.M.O.G. Now when I came back to HWBot I'm apparently Jaymz9350. But I don't feel like him, I still feel like me.

This is the 2nd time over the past week that I've returned to HWBot and found I was logged in as someone else.

I am I.M.O.G. damnit!

Ok, so that was me who just posted that. I just logged out, and logged back in as me.

However when I return to the site later, or next week, I'll probably end up logged in as Jaymz9350 somehow. Jaymz9350 is cool and all, a friend of mine even... But if I was going to be someone else, couldn't I be AndreYang?

On the forum, I think. I haven't checked on the homepage when it happens, but I'll check next time. To get back in as myself, I just logged out of the forums as jaymz and back in as myself.

I think it might have something to do with old cookies in my browser, and the different forum URL now that the forums are a subdomain instead of a subdirectory... I still use the old forum URL which redirects to the new one. It was over 6 months ago when Jaymz was over my place playing with subzero stuff, and he might have used my laptop to login to hwbot.

Ah hell. I'm him again! lol

EDIT: Ya, I'm still IMOG on the rest of hwbot, only jaymz in the forum.

To recap, if I don't visit the site for a while then I go to http://hwbot.org/forum/usercp.php, it looks like I get automatically logged into the forums as jaymz. I can logout and back in as myself and that fixes it for a while, but apparently later it puts me back to him.

Edited by jaymz9350

I could try to find the cookies and delete them manually. That is probably what I'll do if it keeps happening. Today when I came back though, I was still me so maybe it fixed itself.

I can't clear cache and stored passwords, as I have about 10 sites I help manage, with 3 usernames/passwords for each, and each have testing sites with 3 more usernames/passwords... I REALLLLLY don't want to go back through and re-save all those credentials. Chrome is really nice about syncing passwords across devices and it really helps my workflow to keep everything saved.

Hi I.M.O.G! What probably happened is that your buddy visited hwbot on your pc on the short time the cookies where stored under forum.hwbot.org domain instead of .hwbot.org domain. As both domains are valid, I can imagine you have very weird behaviour now. :D Please delete cookies from the forum.hwbot.org domain, and report if the issues are gone. Thank you!

Not a bug report in any way, just an interesting observation: after recent server/code update one can write whatever the massman they want in the score links and those will work as long they have an ID present.

That has always been the case. :) The first part of the url is used to retrieve the submission by id, the latter part is just for search engines of people who want to know what the submission is about before clicking the link:

http://hwbot.org/submission/<identifier>_<optional submission title>

I thought there was going to be some changes to the way that global points are awarded to rarely used core counts in cpu benchmarks? With the addition of cinebench, perhaps this would be more urgent. It seems that there are quite a few submissions recently that seem to be taking advantage of (abusing) the current situation.

I didn't look all that deep (other than a few searches here) but are there any plans on adding Rules to the HWBot Prime bench? looking at screenshots I am seeing a slew that don't have basic items like CPU-Z (an HWbot Standard) but without rules there is no saying if it's right or not.

also looking at the validity I am also seeing people that have both Valid uploads and invalid uploads. and there are some invalid uploads in the Top10's.

I haven't touched that bench yet as I don't know what makes it tick (and don't have proper rules) I don't want to waste my time with something that can get revoked for stupidity when-ever rules are added.

I also propose that basic rules HAVE TO BE in place to allow any bench to be added to the Beta section. without that it's chaos, and a complete waste of everyone's time...

I personally value mine.

Vin