HWBOT Community Forums

The official ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2013 thread.

slamms

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where? ..... :D:P

Limitations:

• Only use motherboard manufactured by ASUS
  • Only make submission with a ASUS videocard. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan is allowed. (Subvendor in GPU-Z must be ASUS)
  • Use 1 processor(s)
  • Use 1 videocard core(s) in total
  • Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig
  • A verification screenshot is required
  • Must use competition background: Link TBD
  • Screenshot must include: Benchmark tab, CPU-Z CPU tab, Mem tab, Motherboard tab, GPU-Z (if 3D benchmarks) and official competition background
  • Not allowed: hardware sharing, engineering samples, Lucid Virtu MVP and hardware that is not commercially available at the beginning of the competition
  • A verification link for 3D benchmarks is required
  • Systeminfo for 3D benchmarks must be enabled
  • Only members from Europe and CIS may participate
  • Employee of MB/VGA manufacturers cant participate
  • Participance is according to the participant`s nationality
  • One team consist of 2 overclockers from 1 country. Second teammate must be overclocker too, please share him nickname in comments. Girlfriends are not allowed.

In firestrike's limitations

Only use motherboard manufacturered by Asus.

Only make submission with a Asus videocard.

Use 1 processor(s).

Use 1 videocard core(s) in total.

Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.

A verification screenshot is required.

Must use competition background: link

Screenshot must include: CPU-Z CPU tab, Mem tab, Mainboard tab, GPU-Z (if 3D benchmark) and official competition background

Not allowed: hardware sharing, engineering samples, Lucid Virtu MVP and hardware that is not commercially available at the beginning of the competition.

A verification link is required.

Systeminfo must be enabled

Only members of Europe, CIS may participate.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan is allowed. (Subvendor in GPU-Z must be ASUS)

A verification link is required.

3DMark Monitoring Data must be visible

LOL Wrong URL as well. xD

Submitted score is 13954 and URL's score is 13675 xD

WTF Giorgio? :P

futuremark fixed and i uploaded the right file on futuremark ORB, this is the link:

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/453890

you can see there that I used a regular allowed hardware

cannot modificate in hwbot because the system dosen't allow to edit a score for an ended competition.

I have lot of other screen wich can demonstrate i benched with a regular system showing the scaling of the score.

What about giorgioprimo's firestrike submission?Is it still under discussion?In my opinion it is not a valid submission because hardware monitoring is not active as said in the AOOC 2013 competition rules.It is probably a misstake of him,but rules are rules.We also had scores with not active hardware monitoring and we had to rerun to get a valid score.

I'm not a lawyer, and I never meet/speak with giorgioprimo, but....

During AOOC, 3or4 time, and without any hard/soft modification, the monitoring data failed. Why ? I don't know, but score was "normal", no boost and no loss...

So It's a software problem, not a cheat or something like that.

And if you delete his submition, he lost 42pt -> so 30pt remain with 32M and 2011.. He just need to be on top11 or 12 to go to moscow, so 3 or 13pt...

Seriously, he show us almost 14k, so we can assume he made 12k to have 13pt...

Me 2 cent :

Ok, he miss monitoring, but we know it's 3dmark software trouble, and we know he have enought point to be in the 9.... so come on, don't be ridiculous, don't kick him for this. Just think, if it was you ??? And someone ask to remove your screen due to a small mistake... He do his work, for me he deserve his ticket for moscow

Hello,

about giorgioprimo:

For me is clear. So, i tested ASUS GTX670M on default settings and got No visible data too. I didnt any special for it, so for me is software 3DMark problem. giorgiopromo`s result left without changes.

about Ryba`s teammate:

Account was registred two days before end of competition.

Dear meis, community dont know nothing about you. Can you tell us about you?

Hello,

about giorgioprimo:

For me is clear. So, i tested ASUS GTX670M on default settings and got No visible data too. I didnt any special for it, so for me is software 3DMark problem. giorgiopromo`s result left without changes.

about Ryba`s teammate:

Account was registred two days before end of competition.

Dear meis, community dont know nothing about you. Can you tell us about you?

There was anything in rules that you need have account at HWbot for xxx time and you need to be well know? No. So don't see the point to write here anything.

Well, but becouse it is Rusia and different point of thinking - you made rules, but all the time you was writing what is allowed even if it's against rules.

For example: rule about country... but you allow to be Thomas with Pepino. They are my friends and don't have anything against them, but if you make a rules they are for everyone without exeption.

You did enough in 2012 so stop making more problems than there are.

ryba, if you think that i am personally against you, you wrong. I don't care about you specially. If you no have overclocker teammate, it is not problem. You can bench alone and we will provide ln2 helper. ASUS not will cover costs on your friends.

Also, when you will prepare documents for VISA, be careful. You must remember that correct country name is Russia, not Rusia. ASUS not will help with VISA in Rusia, because i don't know nothing about this country.

There was anything in rules that you need have account at HWbot for xxx time and you need to be well know? No. So don't see the point to write here anything.

Well, but becouse it is Rusia and different point of thinking - you made rules, but all the time you was writing what is allowed even if it's against rules.

For example: rule about country... but you allow to be Thomas with Pepino. They are my friends and don't have anything against them, but if you make a rules they are for everyone without exeption.

You did enough in 2012 so stop making more problems than there are.

Hey Ryba

sorry bro but dont act like an @ss :/

I dont know last year issues/problems but its crystal clear that Vlad is trying to help oc community over here by planning a live oc event.

For me its more than enough even when people who got only 3 points got qualified.

I dont have anything personal with John but still rules gave the chance to him to got qualified when other teams MAY tried harder.

The point is, we have an overclocker who is working for ASUS and trying to support community. This is why I dont care about the rules and contest's limitations; I am just following the guideline like everybody else.

Hey Ryba

sorry bro but dont act like an @ss :/

I dont know last year issues/problems but its crystal clear that Vlad is trying to help oc community over here by planning a live oc event.

For me its more than enough even when people who got only 3 points got qualified.

I dont have anything personal with John but still rules gave the chance to him to got qualified when other teams MAY tried harder.

The point is, we have an overclocker who is working for ASUS and trying to support community. This is why I dont care about the rules and contest's limitations; I am just following the guideline like everybody else.

Mate,

I can explain why. 5 years ago this guys benched on air-water, no ln2. They benched all that they has. It never was a top hardware, they never has support, Kazakhstan never has support. But 2 years ago they got gift from Russia, it was LN2 pot. They started benched on LN2, after few months they bought new pots: CPU and VGA pots from Vince. For AOOC 2012 they qualified is clearly, TerraRaptor showed good experience and skills in SPi 32M. Now they started benched top hardware and VGA with LN2. They showed is good growth. We must give a chance.

Who knows, maybe it will new overclocking stars like rbuass or Splave... Why not ;)