HWBOT Community Forums

The official HyperX OC Takeover Season III Qualifier thread.

Christian Ney

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fantastic.

HyperX Fail.

oh and btw, you can't buy OCF here in AU either so ban it as well. :rollseyes:.

No problem to get Z170 OCF in Poland, just ordered one, arrives tomorrow. I checked at seller's, they can have it on stock in 4-5 days.

• Administrators

I have retail ocf for six weeks now, SOCF not available, M8E available in low quantity. Btw, in germany you might as well ban skyfake because of availbaility :D - all big stores do not have it in stock and even amazon gives six weeks until it is restocked, you only get it sometimes at prices higher than Haswell-e. On the topic, I think you can´t ban boards because at certain areas there are no distributors who import them. This has nothing in common with paperlaunch, it seems to have other reasons like customs or sales

Edited by websmile
typo :p

Just trying to give suggestions here, maybe next time HWBOT(and its partners) need to discuss the definition of 'retail availability', and add it to the rules. IMHO, the board can be considered 'retail' if at least these two criteria were met

- The manufacturer says so, and already list the final product detail on their website, AND

- There's at least 2-3 online stores that ship worldwide in each region(USA,EMEA,APAC) who already sold that product for at least 3 weeks.

And would be better, if the vendor can give help to the overclocker who wanted to buy that specific product that will be used for competition :)

• Administrators

Then some boards were never retail... Z97 SOCF LN2 was never available at german online stores and newegg doesn´t ship worldwide, germany for example is other than mighty NL or poland not on their list :D

There are certain regions at which distributors also don´t bother to import special products, I really apprciate your proposal, Alva, but I think it is not that easy, in the end hwbot staff might have to rely on common sense more than on rules or guidelines that cannot be used because you can´t influence policy of distributors for example. Just my 2 private cents on this^^

Seems like almost no board has complete, total worldwide availability yet. Why not rule if available in 2/3 places? So far it seems that all the boards that would be used for this competition are not allowed.

AUS doesn't have X board but they do have Y board. The US doesn't have Y board but they do have X board. EUR has access to both X & Y. Seems silly to block both boards at that point... especially when those are the boards specifically designed to have the best memory tweaking.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=13-157-649

Only $219 let me know if you need one can buy and ship for you ;)

Rtsurfer the 2 dimm ocf is a fail it's no better than the 4 dimm.

Wait, you talking about the big one(full size ES board) or the upcoming small one.??

The only reason I didn't buy the big one till now was because the mATX version was supposed to be better.

Which special boards are we talking about?

The whole point of banning some boards is to make sure we get a competition as fair as possible, I think it's no mystery that it will never be perfect.

The Impact was the most problematic one because we saw it has an edge with memory on a lot of Z170 mobos and only a selected few got one for now. I think there are no debate on this one, I put the SOC Force LN2 in the same category, we know it exists but if you are not a GBT ocer or very close to GBT HQ you can't have access to it.

It's difficult for me to say that the SOC Force or the M8E are as widely available as the OCF or the XPower. The last 2 were released weeks ago where the first 2 are more problematic to find.

The whole point is that every board is not available everywhere. I highly doubt there is one high end OC board that is available worldwide yet. So why ban some and not others?

It's just reducing the amount of people who can compete.

Just ban Skylake and be done with it. Be the easiest way to fix this sort of rubbish.