HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Team Cup 2017 Discussion

max1024

I have read future task competition and saw that in some tests its need to get 2 and 3 results from the Team. Is it possible to change the rules so that only one better result is enough? For small Teams 5-10 persons, finding 2-3 identical HW is very turbulent and problematic, enother words impossible.

https://d1964r093mwb8w.cloudfront.net/Competitions/1971-1974_TeamCup2017/TeamCup17-banner-1920x1080.png

Background

Edited by websmile

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This is a three month event which we already made a bit less voluminous than last team cup. I am well aware of the fact that the team cup always is a big challenge especially for smaller teams, but when we design it dominated by 1 result stages only, will this be a team cup in the end when one guy can cover it alone? We see this problem each year. We have one stage (latest gen 1151 cpu) with 5 results, and all others are max three apart from ddr race. It is not easy and I will start discussion about this but personally I am not happy with the idea to make this a single player campaign

the team cup is just what it says, "a team event", if it is 1 player from a team then it isnt a team event, its 1 member from any particular team, its not a team participation spread over the team and a team participation is the whole idea of the TEAMS CUP competition in my view and how i percieve its meaning, the teams cup requires strategy, cunning, communication and tenacity for the "team" to become the winning team or place getters, along with good hardware and good software installation and useage imo

• Administrators

We wanted to allow opterons there as special service for 939, I think we do allow them indeed, On other stages no server cpus.

771 cpus are not allowed

and memory is ddr1,ddr2,ddr3 and ddr4 one result each. If you want to use fb dimmsgood luck, normal mems will beat you by hundreds of mhz xD

At first sight , i was surprised seeing MaxxMem , at Team Cup (after all those chat's about buggs and flies of this benchmark)

But after looking closer ... what a relief

It was Maxmem this time.

Phewww

:D

.-

P.S.

Dont you dare and tell me , i've got a bad sense of black humor

• Administrators
At first sight , i was surprised seeing MaxxMem , at Team Cup (after all those chat's about buggs and flies of this benchmark)

But after looking closer ... what a relief

It was Maxmem this time.

Phewww

.-

P.S.

Dont you dare and tell me , i've got a bad sense of black humor

After division results brought final proof of maxxmem being non reliable and not acceptable anymore for competetive benching we do not need another test. We will repace the benchmark on monday. Benching this stage atm no need :)

After division results brought final proof of maxxmem being non reliable and not acceptable anymore for competetive benching we do not need another test. We will repace the benchmark on monday. Benching this stage atm no need :)

Wait, you mean it isn't focused on who can get the highest memory frequency anymore? Interesting.

They are individual types of memory in the database though and judging by the stage description it should be possible to use them instead of DDR1... In the limitations it doesn't say DDR technology, so it might be good to add that info :)