HWBOT Community Forums

Everyday all day submissions from unreleased Intel processors

Ace123

If everyone played his role " by the book ", there would be no issue at all with anything.

Not Elite members, not ES processors, nothing.

The deep down issue that has made so many members upset is that " the Beige Book " is not the same for all.

That creates an inconsistency.

Like a government that has different laws for the rich and powerful and other laws for the poor and powerless.

And this specific fact is not an issue created by Elite members nor by vendors.

Put your mind at work, and a lot of things will be explained.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont we just keep the es stuff in the elite league.....oh wait

I better get back to work since I have nearly $1,000 ln2 bill this month for some online internet points that people think I didn't even do any work for. I'll keep doing what I enjoy though and if you dont like hwbot then dont come here I guess. What do I know.

Guest Wimpzilla
if you dont like hwbot then dont come here I guess. What do I know.

You are the second users that point out to do not bother to come visit to Hwbot if unpleased.

Not sure if the best answer but it seems to be the main thought here.

But you know, if your name is on every forum because spammed for WR on new hardware parts, it's hard to avoid to fall here if passionate of oc. So the paradox is quite obvious!

Thanks for the interesting but sad discussion, i don't think imo we could move on further!

Have fun.

@Mr.Scott: If your post were removed, i can understand why, it fall into the same basket.

Edited by Wimpzilla

Difficult discussions arent always fun. Thats life. If youre feeling defensive im sorry.

Nobody here is attacking users, lets get that straight. Nobody thinks the elite league is evil..

My intention was to discuss rules and what companies are allowed to do. Naturally people are going to take advantage of opportunities, even precieved unfair ones, thats human nature. The question is, should companies be allowed to provide opportunities like that?

If the answer is yes then so be it, but we are certainly allowed to discuss it.

• Administrators

Sigh - will comment shortly on the original topic as a personal opinion not related to hwbot duties

Intel made a weird move. They allowed 7960x result submissions despite the cpu not rolled out (date 25.09.). If I see this with sense of humour they broke their own NDA and it seems they did to show capability compared to officially launched TR4 by AMD.

Normally I couldn´t care less because AMD not only doesn´t support hwbot, they also do not support competetive overclocking. They released a capable platform on which they did not care to fix rtc/win8 bug and even on multiplicator time shift problems occured at start, clear indicator they give a f... for their customers who enter hwbot or other oc related forums and love benchmarking. They limited benchmarking on lots of benchmarks to a non supported os like win7 near eol and couldn´t care less. Intel fxed this more than two years ago, this is caring.

I do care nontheless, the reason is that for 7 weeks we had very low count of guys who demolished the ranking using SKL-X while their competitors without access through industry networking and even lots of other elite guys had no chance to use this. This not only hurt 2d, but also 3d and it hurts the integrity of the system. I also care because to me all members are equal, if they are rookie or elite or use Intel or AMD or ARM. So in my personal opinion we will have to orientate on roll-out schedule in the future and subs with unreleased hardware get no points until it is scheduled to be delivered worldwide. World record news can be released but manipulation of ranking happens enough by hardware seeding, so we do not need to get more of this

P.S. Rev 7 will not fix the problems - not posting results for points but pointless might have fixed some...

P.P.S. George, you are banned for a reason, like much bigger names like onepagebook, cyclone, crustytheclown, saega, redcobra and many more. Hwbot cannot always adress all problems, on the cinebench desaster for example we had dozens of people involved and some of them did not even know it because they got changed files with prebuillt os etc., but when we ban someone for misconduct we do not watch league he is at or for whom he works. You can ask joshyocuk about this who did same you did

Edited by websmile

If everyone played his role " by the book ", there would be no issue at all with anything.

Love it, this coming from your mouth.

Anyways,

Think we all need to chill. Elite are elite, and they get some hardware to bench. Don't see the problem. They weren't born Elite overclockers right? Probably worked their *rses off to get there.

I'm not going to get salty because I can't beat them, I don't have the funds, or skill. But does that make overclocking competively any less fun. Nope it does not.

I get excited when I see new world records, by all overclockers. Splave, Dancop, XA, k|ngp|n, der8auer etc etc. I don't care who t is. All i love is hardware, technology. And the niche stuff we do, freezing it, and bringing the technology to the brink of destruction. To eek out that extra few points for a better score. That is what OC is about.

Other tech websites report world records set by hwbot overclockers. And in most topics/comment section they all whine about the fact it's unnecessary and what not. But they just don't see it.

Don't become one of those guys.

TLDR;

Don't let saltiness over whatever reason you deem justified divide this already small community. I know this hostility comes with anything that holds a even a grain of competitiveness. But still, at least try.

Sigh - will comment shortly on the original topic as a personal opinion not related to hwbot duties

Intel made a weird move. They allowed 7960x result submissions despite the cpu not rolled out (date 25.09.). If I see this with sense of humour they broke their own NDA and it seems they did to show capability compared to officially launched TR4 by AMD.

Normally I couldn´t care less because AMD not only doesn´t support hwbot, they also do not support competetive overclocking. They released a capable platform on which they did not care to fix rtc/win8 bug and even on multiplicator time shift problems occured at start, clear indicator they give a f... for their customers who enter hwbot or other oc related forums and love benchmarking. They limited benchmarking on lots of benchmarks to a non supported os like win7 near eol and couldn´t care less. Intel fxed this more than two years ago, this is caring.

I do care nontheless, the reason is that for 7 weeks we had very low count of guys who demolished the ranking using SKL-X while their competitors without access through industry networking and even lots of other elite guys had no chance to use this. This not only hurt 2d, but also 3d and it hurts the integrity of the system. I also care because to me all members are equal, if they are rookie or elite or use Intel or AMD or ARM. So in my personal opinion we will have to orientate on roll-out schedule in the future and subs with unreleased hardware get no points until it is scheduled to be delivered worldwide. World record news can be released but manipulation of ranking happens enough by hardware seeding, so we do not need to get more of this

P.S. Rev 7 will not fix the problems - not posting results for points but pointless might have fixed some...

P.P.S. George, you are banned for a reason, like much bigger names like onepagebook, cyclone, crustytheclown, saega, redcobra and many more. Hwbot cannot always adress all problems, on the cinebench desaster for example we had dozens of people involved and some of them did not even know it because they got changed files with prebuillt os etc., but when we ban someone for misconduct we do not watch league he is at or for whom he works. You can ask joshyocuk about this who did same you did

Please enlighten me what did Fasttrack do to get banned websmile?

• Administrators
Please enlighten me what did Fasttrack do to get banned websmile?

During the Giabyte beat the heat competition he submitted scores at 5ghz lowclock stages for x265 4k and gpupi for cpu 1b that were unobtainable at given settings and frequency cap. Both scores were reported by lots of people, plausibility was checked by users and staff and it was ruled these were done at higher frequency and it was downclocked for screen after run

• 2 weeks later...

I better get back to work since I have nearly $1,000 ln2 bill this month for some online internet points that people think I didn't even do any work for...

Spent the same ammount in BTC beginning this year and it hit 4900$ today...you my friend invest in the wrong kind of internet points :P:D

And people think I actually work for my money, hahahahaha.

€: And let my hardware mine Ethereum since last year, not this stupid bench stuff...can really recommend - less stress, much money, such life :cool:

Edited by SoF

• Members
Spent the same ammount in BTC beginning this year and it hit 4900$ today...you my friend invest in the wrong kind of internet points :P:D

And people think I actually work for my money, hahahahaha.

€: And let my hardware mine Ethereum since last year, not this stupid bench stuff...can really recommend - less stress, much money, such life :cool:

Can be difficult to put a price on time enjoyed :)

I enjoyed overclocking for many years (2004-2012 to be exact) while there was a community of "private" enthusiast who helped each other, sharing knowledge and had some cool events. Yet looking back I burned a lot of money and not a single record or hardware back from 10, 8 or 5 years ago has any value today.

People benching hard with their private money these days should keep that in mind - your super expensive hardware of today and hours/days/weeks spent will be worthless in 1-2 years. I still have stuff like 3960X and 7990 here making me think "was it really worth it"...

Additionally everytime new hardware comes out these days there will be some kind of exclusive events where manufacturers/dealers will make sure they set the bar so high that breaking the scores is nearly impossible for a normal overclocker as long as the generation lasts. I can't see any fun in that.

But hey, I'm just a grumpy old man, who prefers profitable long-term investments and spending quality time with his family over burning money on meaningless (short-term) rankings and hwb-points.

Might be the reason I've not been here for a very long time but I'm amused discussions like this are still a thing ;)

You could say same thing about whole of life. In 1000-2000 years nobody will know anyone here ever existed :P they will all be eaten by aliens.

Spend or gain monies on what you enjoy and tis all good.

OC isn't all about being 1st and records either. It's just about having fun. I have spent many monies and haven't really got as far as I could have done if I had selected the best £/points ratio. But 4 way sli and cf is fun and it gets me 2hw points. :D would rather have 2hw points from 4 way than sitting running xtu on an i3 for dayz to get 166 glowballs :P

You could say same thing about whole of life. In 1000-2000 years nobody will know anyone here ever existed :P they will all be eaten by aliens.

Spend or gain monies on what you enjoy and tis all good.

OC isn't all about being 1st and records either. It's just about having fun. I have spent many monies and haven't really got as far as I could have done if I had selected the best £/points ratio. But 4 way sli and cf is fun and it gets me 2hw points. :D would rather have 2hw points from 4 way than sitting running xtu on an i3 for dayz to get 166 glowballs :P

I'm only in it for the gold :P I'll run blackhole all day! Although I know mickulty actually has time to do this...

I enjoyed overclocking for many years (2004-2012 to be exact) while there was a community of "private" enthusiast who helped each other, sharing knowledge and had some cool events. Yet looking back I burned a lot of money and not a single record or hardware back from 10, 8 or 5 years ago has any value today.

People benching hard with their private money these days should keep that in mind - your super expensive hardware of today and hours/days/weeks spent will be worthless in 1-2 years. I still have stuff like 3960X and 7990 here making me think "was it really worth it"...

Additionally everytime new hardware comes out these days there will be some kind of exclusive events where manufacturers/dealers will make sure they set the bar so high that breaking the scores is nearly impossible for a normal overclocker as long as the generation lasts. I can't see any fun in that.

But hey, I'm just a grumpy old man, who prefers profitable long-term investments and spending quality time with his family over burning money on meaningless (short-term) rankings and hwb-points.

Might be the reason I've not been here for a very long time but I'm amused discussions like this are still a thing ;)

Another perspective ...

Go off chasing the $Dollar$ ... In the end we all end up worm food beneath the soil.

Because for too many years that overclocking hobby proved too costly.

You defeated yourself & denied yourself that hobby Overclocking.

It's not about who finished with the most toys. Do the best with what you have.

I look at Overclocking/Benching as my "Cheers" or after work drink at the bar where all your friends are. LN2 is a good way to cool down the stress levels and while benching you are 100% in control of what you do. No boss or anyone telling you what to do, plus it's a great way to stay away from weekend party binges where you not only end up broke but feeling like $H!t until Wednesday

I look at Overclocking/Benching as my "Cheers" or after work drink at the bar where all your friends are. LN2 is a good way to cool down the stress levels and while benching you are 100% in control of what you do. No boss or anyone telling you what to do, plus it's a great way to stay away from weekend party binges where you not only end up broke but feeling like $H!t until Wednesday

I still wake up broke, but at least I don't have a headache after benching!

Why dont we just keep the es stuff in the elite league.....oh wait

I better get back to work since I have nearly $1,000 ln2 bill this month for some online internet points that people think I didn't even do any work for. I'll keep doing what I enjoy though and if you dont like hwbot then dont come here I guess. What do I know.

Complains about a 1000 ln2 bill while burning through 2000 dollar cpus, motherboards, ram.....

Seems like someone is complaining about a great deal.