HWBOT Community Forums

Great new feature idea for next revision

As hwbot is always lacking in funds and staff, I think it would be a great idea if hwbot introduced micro transactions in an EA style where we can buy a few different items with real money. This would help support the platform financially and I think as gamers love them so much overclockers would too. My suggestions are

1) buying points in different leagues (hw masters points are cheaper than actually league points) 

2) buying into the next league. Say I'm a novice who has never used Ln2 but I want the cool elite status, I could just pay to more up, say a set amount per league moved up, with elite being highest price and enthusiast being the cheapest. 

3) buying a a submission to be kept in the database even if it slightly broke the rules, but isn't and obvious cheap. Think of it like a fine for accidentally cover the cinebench render window or using windows 10 on sandybridge. 

4) early access to a competition so you can put your scores in before anyone else to make sure the right wallpaper is up etc. Gamers love beta and alpha testing so overclockers will do as well. 

5) buying extra hours at the end of a competition so you can ensure yours is the last sandbag and nobody can sneakily beat you right at the last second. 

6) buying a point boost in a competition to add 100 points to your score so you can just beat out that pesky guy who spent the extra time tweaking his ram!!! Such an annoyance these kids who spend their whole week tweaking ram cos they don't have anything better to do :P

I think with the formula laid out above hwbot will be rolling in it in no time. Hwbot can start up the world tour 2.0 with mega prizes like rolls Royce, rolex watches, holidays, 3175x Xeons. Also they could get faster servers, have a full time dev team working on making the database work more effectively and full time paid mods driving lambos to moderate competition submissions. 

Would also like to hear any other suggestions people have that we could put micro transactions on! #makehwbotgreatagain

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, LordNicoll said:

Is this really any different to buying a pot, a dewar, some flasks, current high end/high end for the gen hardware and then buying LN2, you're still basically paying money for it but in a more direct way.... Overclocking largely is pay to win at the high end. 

Life is pay to win. Just hwbot is loosing, when they could win. Look how rich EA is. 

• Like 1

Again it's about turning it into professional overclocking sport. Some guys just do comps to win prizes, otherwise they don't bench.

It's have vs have not. A hobby where you use your spare parts & do the best scores with that. Not spend 2K all the time on released hardware combo's

_____

Paid membership ... no member input of running HWbot

8 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

I feel like someone could drop probably 5K, make hwbot2.org and write their own algorithm that would ensure they are the top of the league always.
How much do I have to pay to make sure that my 3dmark01 score is at the top regardless of how much I cheated on it? 

zero plus zero???

?

JK ?

Edited by marco.is.not.80
added quote
  • Like 1

The intent is to provide overclockers with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different points.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Revision 7 Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player points earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via overclocking.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on HWBOT, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators

How about loot boxes which might include special tweaks (saves user from begging or bending over to versatile ocers who don´t share) or, maybe as a highlight, which include the rules so many people see something they seem to have never seen before? Gamers like helpful items at lootboxes a lot, so this should sell ez and it also gives a true benefit ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, websmile said:

How about loot boxes which might include special tweaks (saves user from begging or bending over to versatile ocers who don´t share) or, maybe as a highlight, which include the rules so many people see something they seem to have never seen before? Gamers like helpful items at lootboxes a lot, so this should sell ez and it also gives a true benefit ?

150$ lootbox with 3dmark2001 tweak,Teamau is the first buyer :)).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, websmile said:

Yes this is a great addition to my plan. I like it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Just spitballing here, but maybe you can pay for a "boosted" period of time on hwbot. Like pay $20 to have all scores that you submit within that timeframe have their points multiplied by 2x before they're applied to your ranking, or $40 for 3x? Seems to work well for some others.

Or pay 20$ monthly for extreme subs made by someone else (boosting service).

• Like 1