HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

How is patreon supporting different than buying the software? If the ones that donate have acces to newer and improved version i fail to see which is which. 

And of course i will be the last one to donate to this pile of crap. Sorry to be fanatic against it however for the dozens of hours that this crap made me loose for nothing, literally nothing i won't forget that easily. 

It was not enough dealing with windows, different benchmark bugs and instability due to pushing things to their limit, NOO, another layer of troubles  had to come on top of those with it's different bugs and issues. Thanks but no thanks, obviously if i will use this it is because it will probably be mandatory in the end ( same as coronavirus vaccine) not because i love this bad coding piece of software.  

You are right, there is no need to let people wait longer for the release version of BenchMate 0.10.6. It is ready since Monday and just waiting for the new website. But I was too short on time to finish it and it probably won't be done until tomorrow.

Here it is: https://benchmate.org/?v=0.10.6.7

Rough changelog:

• New minimum requirement for CPUs is SSE2. So it should work on all CPUs back to Pentium 4, where SSE2 was introduced.
  • Introducing y-cruncher and CINEBENCH R23.
  • Online and Offline Installer, so you can customize what benchmarks, tools and prerequisites are installed. Updates can also be applied using the installer. The launcher will notify you of new updates.
  • Latest HWiNFO SDK, improved startup time, less impact on the score by sensor readings, support for Vermeer, Ampere, Navi.
  • New logo and improved visuals for the client.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

You are right, there is no need to let people wait longer for the release version of BenchMate 0.10.6. It is ready since Monday and just waiting for the new website. But I was too short on time to finish it and it probably won't be done until tomorrow.

Here it is: https://benchmate.org/?v=0.10.6.7

Rough changelog:

• New minimum requirement for CPUs is SSE2. So it should work on all CPUs back to Pentium 4, where SSE2 was introduced.
  • Introducing y-cruncher and CINEBENCH R23.
  • Online and Offline Installer, so you can customize what benchmarks, tools and prerequisites are installed. Updates can also be applied using the installer. The launcher will notify you of new updates.
  • Latest HWiNFO SDK, improved startup time, less impact on the score by sensor readings, support for Vermeer, Ampere, Navi.
  • New logo and improved visuals for the client.

With this version GPUPI 2.3 can be run and is valid for hwbot again?

2 hours ago, 1whiteshark1 said:

With this version GPUPI 2.3 can be run and is valid for hwbot again?

Yes. There is no security issue with GPUPI 2.3 anymore if it uses BenchMate, so technically there is no reason the exclude it.

@Leeghoofd Can we adapt the rules to include GPUPI 2.3.4+ if it's guarded by BenchMate? This way the old records with GPUPI 2 can be contested again.

• Crew
4 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Yes. There is no security issue with GPUPI 2.3 anymore if it uses BenchMate, so technically there is no reason the exclude it.

@Leeghoofd Can we adapt the rules to include GPUPI 2.3.4+ if it's guarded by BenchMate? This way the old records with GPUPI 2 can be contested again.

We hope to release the new rules next weekend Matt... will add that,

Youy got a full changelog for 10.6.7 on the benchmate website? Or can I copy the one from the Patreon site

5 minutes ago, Fasttrack said:

Mat, can this release co-exist with 10.2 or does it need a new Wn10 installation ?

Thanks.

Starting with BenchMate 0.10.6 you can install and run old versions next to it. For example BM 0.9.3 and 0.10.6 can coexist on the same OS and even be open at the same time, although I do not recommend it for benchmarking. ;)

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, _mat_ said:

Introducing y-cruncher and CINEBENCH R23.

I see no (or didn't figure out, please tell how if so) possibility to run y-cruncher in swap mode. For example - I have an old LGA 1155 platform that can't use more than 32GB of memory, so there is no chance to run Pi-10b preset in RAM Only mode. In such cases I just plug in an old backplane + HBA with SAS HDDs, and running it like here :D

Is there a possibility to add swap mode support for y-cruncher in BenchMate?

I looked into swap and would have liked to integrate it, but if I remember correctly it is not (completely?) configurable over command line. An additional config file seems to be necessary to set up the swap disk in detail. I might add this possibility later on if it can be ensured that the configuration file does not override the command line parameters.

@Mysticial Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally - I use only command line, with no additional config file. Like that:

Run benchmark > Custom Compute a Constant > Change decimal digits to 10b > Change computation mode to swap > Far memory config > set all paths > 1 (path to RAID 0 volume) > typing location ("E:/y" for example) > doublecheck all and start.

Then I use HWBOT Submitter to prepare validation file, and that's all.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

Do you have an Antivirus tool, anti cheat tool or any other intrusive software installed? The error message states that something wants to write into the process memory, which is not allowed as you could easily change the score or the workload by doing so.

F-Secure is known to not work. Windows Defender is for example working out of the box.

Yes, of course they are working without BenchMate. The benchmarks don't recognize if their memory is changed. That's one of the reasons why BenchMate exists. :)

You can try to add an exception to F-Secure so it doesn't scan benchmark processes from the BenchMate installation directory.