HWBOT Community Forums

The official Country Cup 2019 - 10th Anniversary Edition thread.

jpmboy

38 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

no problem with Cache unlock, does the cpu name stay the same or changes too ?

10 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

CPU will probably change name to something weird because it;s the same process as unlocking cores. But proposal seems fair. Just thought I'd bring it up since I noticed it when looking through my tray of chips :)

Seems to not change, at least on the chip I unlocked cache for during TC dogpile https://hwbot.org/submission/4246059_yosarianilives_3dmark11_physics_phenom_ii_x4_810_4916_points

• Crew
5 hours ago, ObscureParadox said:

@Leeghoofd I'm going to be shooting myself in the foot here, but on the Deneb stage, as it stands the Phenom II X4 800's are currently listed as Deneb on the HWBot database when in reality they're actually Propus cores. Can I suggest removing them from the stage if possible. I don't think anyone has submitted with one yet but that's the only 4core Phenom CPU I currently own which is why I went to double check on here.

is it @Strunkenbold who is currently maintaining the database? I'm not sure.

Edit : Sorry to clarify, they are Deneb cores, but they're nerfed down with the L3 disabled which technically makes them a propus core. I suppose it's the same rule that applies to not allowing unlocked Athlon II X4's? Sorry to open a can of worms and complicate things.

Ok I just checked cpu-world and saw that the 840 and 850 are indeed Propus and need to get fixed in the db. Thanks for the hint! 

But the rest of the 800 series has a L3 cache and are Deneb. 

I never understand why we make such restrictions though. I mean you can basically make a Deneb from all lower bin 45nm K10 chips. Why not allow them all? 

• Thanks 1

Only simple solution would be to disallow any unlocking of anything - Which is to say either it's a true Deneb by name or it's not.
Personally I'd love to run my 555 BE but by just saying no unlocking allowed would make things alot easier to know and resolve any "Can I use this" questions, would also make moderation alot easier too since the line of what is and isn't allowed is readily defined that way.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

This was one of the reasons I choose Deneb (6M), however it seems some CPUs are not in the right category. I can't fix the Database right now, how about allowing all Denebs, but no unlocking of the cores. Is that a fair proposal?

I think along with Deneb the unlockable heka and callisto named cores should also be allowed because when unlocked they are full quad cores with 6MB L3.

Edit: maybe allow unlocked propus as well if it's lucky enough to get full functioning L3.

Edited by cbjaust

• Crew
2 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

One score per user or I can submit multiple results for i.e. s775 stage with different cpus?

One per user sir

For the unlocking part as long as we have maximum  4 cores and CPUZ/HWBOT picks it up as Deneb I'm fine with it

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 5

Hey, what's the matter with you guys? An AMD Pro Duo (Fiji) has games graphics drivers and costs only half the money of a Titan Z. This is really unfair to lock out the Pro Duo (Fiji) every year, even though it was mostly bought by players, since it is only a double Fury X.

That stage 14 , is a bit tough.

Dual gpu's (old gen included) are limited.

The ultra preset , makes the choices even less ... and you need modern and pricey or rare staff

Excluding the proffesional vga's , is somehow expected , but does not solve anything tbh.

• Crew

K i'll open up again , but the first that nags about why is this card being allowed is getting a ban :D  you need only 4 dual GPU cards, 590, 690, 6990, 7990 also can run it right? Issue is that most look for the best performant setup, usually its more about getting the scores done , than have 2 high scores and 2 missing subs. It's Country Cup right?

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Haha 1

@Leeghoofdyoure right, 5970, 6990, 590, 690, 760 Mars can theoretically run Stage 14, but they're completely crippled by VRAM. 

It's just not a lot of fun benching those cards when no amount of OC will save them from starving on memory :P

Plus, seeing something a little more exotic like a Pro Duo in the charts is just neat by itself. 

I'd make the distinction like ejunkie said, if the company supports it as a gaming/consumer card, it should be allowed as such. Something like Xeons are explicitly classified as server/WS parts by their respective makers, so they wouldn't be allowed still. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Even HD 6990, 5970 can run it, although probably not very well. The real question is once we open up server/workstation cards does that also allow xeons as well? I know that 3175x isn't the way to go for AMD but in theory someone with  titan z may want to give it a try?

Its limited to 4 cores...