HWBOT Community Forums

HWBot Team Cup design thread 2020

Leeghoofd

On 6/8/2020 at 1:16 AM, Tzk said:

I'd love to see  the DDR stages but without allowing the obvious choices. So for example no S.939 for DDR1 but rather S462, 754 and 478.

Socket 754?

I. Am. Ready.

I think.....
Well, at least for ref clock if you ever wanna go there again. ?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Where I live a week lasts from monday till Sunday. ? Not sure bout the US anymore... 

Yes but how can we debate the official stages for a week if we don't know what they are ?

Unless you mean to say "debate your ideas, I'll make an official list at the end of the week" in which case I definitely misread lol

Edited by yosarianilives

Hm interesting, but what sense does a core count limit for 3d99 make?

Allso are the processor core limits with disabling cores or are they purely native cores (how about unlocking?)?

EDIT: Socket limits still to be anounced or staying mostly open?

Edited by TAGG

• Crew
21 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

This is going to sound really anal, but my OCD is kicking in big time xD Can you put please have the DDR's in alphabetical order for my sanity please :P 

nope, I prefer messy

JAN15_22_AU1328-001.jpg

In the admin page it is/was in the right order, I tried to shuffle it and it still appears how it wants really...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Will z170 Ddr3 be allowed? 

I'm gonna sound like an ass for a second here but hear me out guys, almost all the ddr1 stages require 4coredual which is a very rare board so how different is allowing z170 ddr3 boards when they're a little less rare and the stages where it would even be relevent are all single core benches so it'd be a simple case of drop in 7700k, 7350k, etc. Just saying if we're allowing s775 ddr1 we ought to allow z170 ddr3 ;) 

Alright that's the end of my case for allowing them lol, other than them just being cool but most niche hw is for me.

1 minute ago, yosarianilives said:

I'm gonna sound like an ass for a second here but hear me out guys, almost all the ddr1 stages require 4coredual which is a very rare board so how different is allowing z170 ddr3 boards when they're a little less rare and the stages where it would even be relevent are all single core benches so it'd be a simple case of drop in 7700k, 7350k, etc. Just saying if we're allowing s775 ddr1 we ought to allow z170 ddr3 ;) 

Alright that's the end of my case for allowing them lol, other than them just being cool but most niche hw is for me.

I say ban both as this comp is going to turn into an lga 775 comp pretty quickly with all the dual core sata II action 

Just wanted to say that leaving the 775 DDR1 boards open for use in the 32M stage with x9 multi seems like an interesting idea.

• The boards need tweaking to OC well.
  • The boards need modding to OC well.
  • 32M needs tweaking to perform well.
  • The low FSB will force people to concentrate on memory overclocking (subzero, etc).
  • The possibiling of tweaking the MCHBAR would also encourage people to spend time tweaking.

So basically it has a lot of depth for a stage and requires a lot of thought and preparation. Obviously not all stages can be made like this, but you know, maybe some can?

In addition, not sure about the limit of 2, it seems quite low. But then again in will also increase the competition and focus on good scores rather than merely having all the HW to fill every slot - so it seems like a good thing overall.

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 1