Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Leeghoofd

HWBot Team Cup design thread 2020

Recommended Posts

K all, probably early days as we are aiming to host this one around mid June or such, but maybe not bad to take an early start on what the community wants to see regarding stages or benchmarks.

We already had some great ideas at Keeph8ans Discord channel, but to keep track of stuff, better start a thread here

 

  • One idea is also to ask the Team Captains to provide us with a favorite stage
  • SuperPi stage on Ryzen
  • Maximum memory frequency with 2x1GB
  • 3DMark 03 with GeForce 7x00 series

 

Ofcourse we can't plz everybody and might rule out too exotic or super expensive (server) hardware

 

Let's brainstorm!!

 

 

brains.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ideas for last year's Team Cup that didn't make it in the competition:

DDR:
Maximum memory frequency with 2x1GB (but we had max memory frequency already last year, so not sure about this one)

DDR2:
some multithreaded benchmark on Pentium D (Smithfield and Presler)
3DMark 03 with GeForce 7x00 (and Wolfdale or Conroe core?)

DDR3:
32M on Clarkdale
Max BCLK on LGA1366

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ground1556 said:

Bring back the memory frequency stage, but with a twist - optimal Socket not allowed. 

What's the optimal socket for DDR4? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

so  I assume it's okay to keep the DDR 1-2-3-4 formula

Oh hell yeah :)

Allso please do something with original Phenom(prefferably multicore, maybe something like 1,2,3,4 cores (am2(+) cpus only, ddr2 stage ofc), would techically only need original phenom in 3 core slot), i know they are boring, but pretty sure they get forgotten in every single competition, either it's a64 x2 or ph 2 :D

Edited by TAGG
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

so  I assume it's okay to keep the DDR 1-2-3-4 formula

I like this idea, could we also add a section for misc benches? So we could things like a classic "ddr1-2-3-4 mem frequency" or a dog pile stage with no mem restrictions either on something relatively easy to run on slightly older hw or for a dx9 3d bench. Basically any stage that wouldn't fit into a single mem type well would go into misc category. Also would be good as I think more than one dog pile stage overall is probably too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

What's the optimal socket for DDR4? 🤔

whatever holds the record at the start of the comp I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TAGG said:

Oh hell yeah :)

Allso please do something with original Phenom(prefferably multicore, maybe something like 1,2,3,4 cores (am2(+) cpus only, ddr2 stage ofc), would techically only need original phenom in 3 core slot), i know they are boring, but pretty sure they get forgotten in every single competition, either it's a64 x2 or ph 2 :D

Or for a bunch of fun just say am2+ and see people hunt down the few deneb chips while still getting a mainly 1st gen phenom stage. Could be a nice continuation of the "am3 no thuban" cinebench stage from two years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

whatever holds the record at the start of the comp I guess.

I mean how hard would it be to just say no 1151, no 3rd gen ryzen? 

So total stack would be like no 939, 775, 1150, 1152, or 3rd gen ryzen. 

Still pretty simple and allows for decent scores but no wr/gfp

Edited by yosarianilives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yosarianilives said:

Or for a bunch of fun just say am2+ and see people hunt down the few deneb chips while still getting a mainly 1st gen phenom stage. Could be a nice continuation of the "am3 no thuban" cinebench stage from two years ago. 

The point of 1,2,3,4 core am2(+) is that you can bench one of the 2 denebs, but still have to bench 3 diffrent architectures to get ideal score :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TAGG said:

The point of 1,2,3,4 core am2(+) is that you can bench one of the 2 denebs, but still have to bench 3 diffrent architectures to get ideal score :)

Ok, idea doesn't work unless we don't allow unlocking, cause then it'd be only singlecore  + denebs again... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TAGG said:

Ok, idea doesn't work unless we don't allow unlocking, cause then it'd be only singlecore  + denebs again... :(

Is there more than 1 dual core deneb on the socket? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Is there more than 1 dual core deneb on the socket? 

Yep :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh it'd probably be fine, there was a am3 cinebench stage with no thuban allowed, and the team I was on was the only one to show up with all 6 core cpus. So we'd still see plenty of 1st gen phenoms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

so  I assume it's okay to keep the DDR 1-2-3-4 formula

Yes

I'd like to see a no limit mem freq stage for each gen. Maybe see some records broken like @Noxinite taking down DDR2 in TC17 :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bigblock990 said:

Yes

I'd like to see a no limit mem freq stage for each gen. Maybe see some records broken like @Noxinite taking down DDR2 in TC17 :)

Tbf the DDR# freq stages are always very fun, and I haven't touched my DDR2 really since then. XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ES only stage

Non intel/AMD super pi stage

Fastest storage stage

Oldest CPU to run CPUID stage

Windows 95 solitaire card drop time stage 

Edited by FUGGER
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FUGGER said:

 

Non intel/AMD super pi stage

Memory restrictions? I can try to get a zhiaxin or whatever the Chinese ryzen cpu is lol

52 minutes ago, FUGGER said:

Fastest storage stage

Hmm I like this one, although it gets expensive fast and and hwbot doesn't really have a storage bench worth using plus the whole sata 850 Evo "driver" issue... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Obijuan83 said:

939 Αthlon 64 Single core

HWBOT x265 Benchmark 4k

Maybe bump it down to 1080p? That should take long enough on k8 1c plus it won't need as much ram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...