HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT 2020 Make it great again Thread:

Leeghoofd

make it great again? you joking?

with killing all the remaining fun benchmarks and take away global points?

that is a fucking good way to chase away the remaining old guys.

but keep the bugged shitty benchmarks for years in which is known that easy to cheat.

you are not just killing the remaining good fun benchmarks,but the last drops of competitive spirit with it.

no problem, you can hug your benchmate stuff and all the useless shit beta benchmarks that remain.

• Thanks 1

• Crew

Thank you for that constructive criticism. This new lineup has been for most benches decided by the active people around here...  Honestly  I don't see a problem with the current lineup... I see logical shifts, especially in 3D, where the CPU importance is far less now and its more about clocking your GPU. I guess that's what a 3D benchmark is about. But opinions can differ.

I guess some of us go to that specific restaurant and order the same meal time after time... 

• Like 3

I have included in my recent bad ass submissions on socket 462 the tweaks used in notepad in the screen shots.

Is that useful in the submissions then?

Or should I just comment on my own subs with this information? 

Also have screen shots that lead up to the final submission. Should I include those in my submission from now on? Sometimes I have like 9 or more screen shots, probably cant fit them all though....

I have something to say as well.

The fact that the website has new owners is indeed amazing.

However we can see some issues with the patreon funding meaning people are not actually eager to support with their money the new initiative.

That being said i talked with a few people and basically no one is eager to fund hwbot because of the past issues.

There were years in the past when hwbot was a money-machine making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Yes, you read that correct, xxxxxx $ per year. 

Massman was a youngster back then and he was tricked by a few scammers. I am of course reffering to infamous Oxxxxxxxxg-Tv and also TxxxxxxPR. 

Long story short the scammers at Oxxxxxxxxxxxv spent a lot of money for equipment which they kept and also to fly their asses around the world. Yes, overclockers even paid fee for entering contests which was not previously seen on any contest before. TxxxxxxPr also were given a big chunk of money for issuing press releases and other mino stuff.

Now, in order to regain the trust, at least from my side and point of view it would be a good thing for the new owners to bann these scammers and whatever is related to them from now on. Basically naming them persona non grata for what they did and how they took advantage of money which they did not deserve at all.   They are world-class scammers, they photoshopped reports and lied many times about their audience and such, they even thought of representing elite overclockers as agents and take a share of prizes won by people that they would represent. 

*As a note, pay atention mister  Txxxxxxx if you are going to threaten me once again with court or whatever, i am going to post pictures of your real audience versus what you claimed , your draft of contract of wannabe agent, etc. 

Secondly, i think vendors would still support this website with the right approach. Eventhough they were burned once by the old  management , with the right approach maybe Roman can solve things up. I hope...

All in all i really hope hwbot will survive and evolve, it is a shame how things went wrong on the way, so many mistakes and too many scammers involved, the oc-esports site which is good for nothing, money spent for anything than supporting overclockers, useless world-tour with huge expenses and extremely-low audience, etc etc.  One can only hope that hwbot will survive and also the coronavirus will finally end someday rather sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Crew

The past is the past, noone wants you to forgive nor forget, I would just like all of us to move on.... Nothing me nor the new management or whatever you want to call them are affiliated with.

PJ's dream was big and this resulted in some great events like Gamers Assembly in Poitiers and the ones at Computex. Some events were labelled overrated and maybe in the eyes of many not even worth to be present at all.Nevertheless it allowed people from e.g. Australia, Brazil and Indonesia to participate at the Grand OC Final in Berlin. An experience for them, that otherwise would never had been possible. PJ had great ideas, but I guess the site couldn't keep up the pace.

For your info the last years the Bot was  running break even, meaning Frederik could just cover the server costs. This thx to the great overclocking friendly companies like G.Skill and Galax. This lack of extra budget is probably the explenation that not much development or bug fixing happened. I don't need to tell you that in 2020 Frederik nearly payed most of the server costs himself, as most events got cancelled. Kuddos to Frederik for doing that. Without him I would not be typing at this forum right now.

Also people still believe what they want to believe, but there are or were no big contracts with any CPU brand for the last 2 years. If they have real proof than just here-say, let them play their cards... Bussiness plan? What bussiness plan are you referring too.... I heard I got payed big cash too, suuuuure.  I nearly payed all of my trips to Taiwan just to hang out with the crazy OC people.  All my free time goes into this place, I don't even have time to bench anything myself. 

We need to bring the HWBOT back on the rails and improve it. This will take probably at least till the end of Q1 or even Q2. Improvements are required before we can engage ourselves to host big vendor competitions again or look for sponsorship.

Most important of this long reply is that Roman and his associate Eike are giving this site a second chance. I'm more than gratefull for this opportunity as we are making big progress behind the scenes. To be honest I was more than done with the self destructive attitude from some people here, that it made me nearly quit this scene. The same bad vibes that made icons like Ney and Websmile leave the building. However I came out stronger thx to Roman and co.

The latter is one of the reasons I will moderate all crap talk like there was before in this thread. Let it be a warning for the members that bring their real life frustration to our place of fun. I won't call names, but if you think this is the place to ventilate your personal issues or just want to blow things up for shits ang gigglez, you are dealing with the wrong old guy. I will remove it once, 2nd time you get an official warning and strike three you are out. 

There's no room for negativity Alex, life is already hard enough, just relax bro. The people you are upset with are not calling any shots anymore. Let it go...

Me, Roman and Eike want this site to properly work again and allow OCers to have fun again and especially preserve the great Database.  

Fluck the past, we are moving forward bro!!!!

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Splave said:

What if patreon was $10 a month, and you got 20 tokens to vote towards the benches you wanted to have points.. Get creative with the marketing?

My friend, it's been a bad year at my house. 9 months, wife finally landed some part time work.

Sold my hot rod 1981 El Camino. Sold my 1997 Escaper 5th wheel camper. Son on and off temp jobs all year. 

Right now debt outweighs the income, lucky to still have a place to live at this point.

10$ a month I cant even do that much. 

Tell my personals so there is a clear understanding that this is probably one of the worst times to ask for donations. Only because donations could better be used to people that need it more. 

Unfortunately, I do not have a patreon account. Nor can I find the strength to swallow my pride. For that, hats off to HWBot for having more balls than myself.

• Sad 1

I start pateron to night we must move forward no other way. I do not know how it happen that bastards cause damage with no one any good submissions all his submissions (@ssman have few nice submissions and it is it)   garbage but I wish all  the worst to him and go forward. 

@Leeghoofd Thx for post after your post I enter to patreon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Splave said:

What if patreon was $10 a month, and you got 20 tokens to vote towards the benches you wanted to have points.. Get creative with the marketing?

Tbh, once I get my finances back in order after covid mucked everything up, I'm happy to give just to keep this hobby going. There's nowhere else for this so we've got to protect it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splave said:

Will I get 200 votes for $100? I think I will vote hard in the 2D categories :)

Pcmark 04, pcmark 07, pcmark vantage etc incoming :)

• Haha 4

Guest endpunkt

I start pateron soon i wish. watching the feeling here makes me feel good hobby

covid very bad destroy small business is that what intended. more debit misery

my time is to read here. ome day you see overclok like hero poparamiro

learn i must

14 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

The past is the past, noone wants you to forgive nor forget, I would just like all of us to move on.... Nothing me nor the new management or whatever you want to call them are affiliated with.

PJ's dream was big and this resulted in some great events like Gamers Assembly in Poitiers and the ones at Computex. Some events were labelled overrated and maybe in the eyes of many not even worth to be present at all.Nevertheless it allowed people from e.g. Australia, Brazil and Indonesia to participate at the Grand OC Final in Berlin. An experience for them, that otherwise would never had been possible. PJ had great ideas, but I guess the site couldn't keep up the pace.

For your info the last years the Bot was  running break even, meaning Frederik could just cover the server costs. This thx to the great overclocking friendly companies like G.Skill and Galax. This lack of extra budget is probably the explenation that not much development or bug fixing happened. I don't need to tell you that in 2020 Frederik nearly payed most of the server costs himself, as most events got cancelled. Kuddos to Frederik for doing that. Without him I would not be typing at this forum right now.

Also people still believe what they want to believe, but there are or were no big contracts with any CPU brand for the last 2 years. If they have real proof than just here-say, let them play their cards... Bussiness plan? What bussiness plan are you referring too.... I heard I got payed big cash too, suuuuure.  I nearly payed all of my trips to Taiwan just to hang out with the crazy OC people.  All my free time goes into this place, I don't even have time to bench anything myself. 

We need to bring the HWBOT back on the rails and improve it. This will take probably at least till the end of Q1 or even Q2. Improvements are required before we can engage ourselves to host big vendor competitions again or look for sponsorship.

Most important of this long reply is that Roman and his associate Eike are giving this site a second chance. I'm more than gratefull for this opportunity as we are making big progress behind the scenes. To be honest I was more than done with the self destructive attitude from some people here, that it made me nearly quit this scene. The same bad vibes that made icons like Ney and Websmile leave the building. However I came out stronger thx to Roman and co.

The latter is one of the reasons I will moderate all crap talk like there was before in this thread. Let it be a warning for the members that bring their real life frustration to our place of fun. I won't call names, but if you think this is the place to ventilate your personal issues or just want to blow things up for shits ang gigglez, you are dealing with the wrong old guy. I will remove it once, 2nd time you get an official warning and strike three you are out. 

There's no room for negativity Alex, life is already hard enough, just relax bro. The people you are upset with are not calling any shots anymore. Let it go...

Me, Roman and Eike want this site to properly work again and allow OCers to have fun again and especially preserve the great Database.  

Fluck the past, we are moving forward bro!!!!

Oh wait, did i say something against what you wrote? I don't think so. No need to do censorship, you will piss more people than you will please.  What, is it wrong to know the history in order not to repeat mistakes? I don't think so.

And no, i was not referring to last years, i am reffering to the good years, when every vendor supported hwbot, when intel had xtu development with hwbot, there were  lots of competitions etc etc. Those were good times and good money wasted as well.  

And stop promoting that catasthrope of World Tour, you know better than before that at Msi Moa, Gigabyte Gooc there were regional qualifiers and the finals provided big opportunities for people from less rich countries such as Eastern Europe for example to go to places around the world where they could not afford to travel. I was way younger back then and i did not have any hope of ln2 but i watched from the side and i know the history.  

Here we go, Hwbot World Tour was a disaster that should never ever happen again.  

I also appreciate your work for free basically, and many other people that did the same , don't get me wrong, this intrigues me as well since there were people sacrificing their time and money for hwbot to develop and at the same time there were the scammers that i mentioned (and somehow you kind of have a fetish for) that got a lot of benefits while not helping at all. 

Anyway, as i said i really hope hwbot under new owners will survive and thrive.

• Haha 2