HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT 2020 Make it great again Thread:

Leeghoofd

10 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The secrets die with our generation and mother fuck the rest of the members. 

Gotcha noted.

Dont expect people to come and tell a mod they found a tweak. That's as laughable as listing the tweaks for each bench.

Stalemated. 

TeamAU and Rauf both talked with the moderation team afaik

Edited by GeorgeStorm

• Crew

Maybe a simple thought, make a thread at the benchmark section and share what ya need to share. Pretty simple right?

I see a lot of people commenting but talking as politicians, so in fact saying nothing at all. Just repeating and echoing the same over and over again....

Anyway If we want people to share a tweak with the moderation team in the future and they don't want to share it with the rest to keep their edge, we wont give it away. If they themselves want to make it public, go for it!

Standard policy: Moderators will NOT share tweaks.  Point final

Dia hard legacy is slot 1/A, socket A, AGP cards... no problem with 3D benchmarks, just with that old hardware where a lot of transplants, modifications happen. That's Antinomy's turf....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Maybe a simple thought, make a thread at the benchmark section and share what ya need to share. Pretty simple right?

I see a lot of people commenting but talking as politicians, so in fact saying nothing at all. Just repeating and echoing the same over and over again....

Anyway If we want people to share a tweak with the moderation team in the future and they don't want to share it with the rest to keep their edge, we wont give it away. If they themselves want to make it public, go for it!

Standard policy: Moderators will NOT share tweaks.  Point final

Dia hard legacy is slot 1/A, socket A, AGP cards... no problem with 3D benchmarks, just with that old hardware where a lot of transplants, modifications happen. That's Antinomy's turf....

Cool. I have Socket A on the bench right now. :)

valid.x86.fr/cbpfzc

----

I just want to enjoy the hobby as it is.

If you guys want me to tell a mod a tweak, cool. I'm game. Will follow procedure.

Thanks for acknowledging my idea and propose a thread. I think something like that would be helpful to encourage new comers when they visit the site. It's like a little bit of sugar to help them get started off. I'm only looking at this from outside to help. Not go circles with it.

• Like 1

Just in case it was not clear: It is not my intention to leak all the tweaks. It's just a rule to make moderation easier for the crew. If you want to publish your tweaks that's still up to you as usual. HWBOT Staff will never leak your information without permission.

• Like 3

Are moderators prepared for the workload?  I can see members checking everything -- everything -- that's not listed as allowed in the rules just to avoid getting banned.  How many times do you want to judge each tweak that each member brings up?  Over and over...

The list of legal tweaks may not need to be complete in every detail, but the lists of allowed tweaks should probably be longer than they are on the current rules pages.

• Like 1

• Crew

I think you are overreacting.  if your score is just a tad slower one does not immediately assume a certain tweak has been applied right. 

The community does most of the moderation work themselves by checking the others... always has been, if you spot something report it...

i dont see an option in the patreon page for paying the amount you want to pay, minimum amount is stated at 10euro which costs me 11 euro here , i thought it was said we can pay what ever amount we chose to and that option is not visible on the page and its a monthly payment not a 1 off as was also said , it does say edit your payment but where is the edit option ???? id like to make sure that the option is clearly visible for all to see before i make a payment and the minimum payment option changed to any amount or something of that nature

cheers ozz

Edited by ozzie

i found the custom pledge page which should be a clear option and it isnt , you have to click on show tier description then click edit to get to the custom pledge option , this isnt right where  you have to trawl around to find the custom pledge option and needs to be remedied  

Edited by ozzie

3 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

I like the idea of a Patreon but right now the only published benefit is a patreon-exclusive competition, which I'm not interested in. If something interesting gets added then I'll be in ?

I think you have it backwards, the idea is you donate out of the goodness of your heart, then they added the comp to thank people for donating. Whether or not you agree with it I think that was the intention. 

20 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

I think you have it backwards, the idea is you donate out of the goodness of your heart, then they added the comp to thank people for donating. Whether or not you agree with it I think that was the intention. 

Well, Patreon is an ongoing contribution that's a minimum of 10 euro per month - for that I want to see something in return, that's the Patreon model. Once-off contributions (e.g. Paypal) are the "goodness of your heart" model.

1 hour ago, unityofsaints said:

Well, Patreon is an ongoing contribution that's a minimum of 10 euro per month - for that I want to see something in return, that's the Patreon model. Once-off contributions (e.g. Paypal) are the "goodness of your heart" model.

Something in return? HWBOT upkeep, development, and a playground for us to keep going

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Members
6 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

You can always donate less if you don't want to give the 10EUR a month.

Don't see why patreon can't be used in this fashion, allows people to more directly support something they enjoy.