HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus XII Apex

On 7/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, Sparky's__Adventure said:

uCode or uCode removed ? Been trying dif bios because I have all kinds of issues/bugs. Can't get  MemTweakIt to even show timings all I get is "About" tab hit Apply does nothing, hit OK program closes. TimingConfig 4.0.3/4 shows 65535 for every timing. Tried XP and W10 May 2020 update

4 hours ago, GtiJason said:

uCode or uCode removed ? Been trying dif bios because I have all kinds of issues/bugs. Can't get  MemTweakIt to even show timings all I get is "About" tab hit Apply does nothing, hit OK program closes. TimingConfig 4.0.3/4 shows 65535 for every timing. Tried XP and W10 May 2020 update

You need to -uninstall- 4.0.4, not just install 4.0.3. 

Uninstall both.  Reboot after each.  Then install 4.0.3.  Reboot.  4.0.3 will then work.

4.0.3 will NOT work if you did NOT uninstall 4.0.4.

This may also fix the memtweakit issue.

• Thanks 1

Have been using the 0088 bios for M12A and it has been going very well but when I try to use the fan control in the bios it freezes and I need to press the retry button.

Is there a newer bios or a way to get around this?

The only thing working for me is setting the fans up first then applying the overclock and if I need to make adjustments clr cmos, make changes and reapply the overclock

Edited by munternet
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:18 PM, munternet said:

Have been using the 0088 bios for M12A and it has been going very well but when I try to use the fan control in the bios it freezes and I need to press the retry button.

Is there a newer bios or a way to get around this?

The only thing working for me is setting the fans up first then applying the overclock and if I need to make adjustments clr cmos, make changes and reapply the overclock

0088 works with fan control and fan calibration for me

I'm using exclusively PWM fans though

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, str8_an94baller said:

0088 works with fan control and fan calibration for me

I'm using exclusively PWM fans though

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm using D5 PWM pump controlled off the CPU fan header with molex main power and EK 4 way splitter cables all daisy chained off the #2 case fan header with their own power sources running 7x PWM Furious Varder EK 140mm fans. All fans are controlled by the 10k thermistor (T-sensor) from the main coolant res.

32GB G.Skill (2*8GB) with only a single M.2 samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB. No DIMM2 riser so a pretty basic setup really.

I might clear the cmos again and manually input all the settings and see what happens :)

2 hours ago, munternet said:

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm using D5 PWM pump controlled off the CPU fan header with molex main power and EK 4 way splitter cables all daisy chained off the #2 case fan header with their own power sources running 7x PWM Furious Varder EK 140mm fans. All fans are controlled by the 10k thermistor (T-sensor) from the main coolant res.

32GB G.Skill (2*8GB) with only a single M.2 samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB. No DIMM2 riser so a pretty basic setup really.

I might clear the cmos again and manually input all the settings and see what happens :)

You sure that CPU pin 2 is not overloaded? The typical spec for the fan connector is around 12w (12v, 1amps).

Might want to move all the fans to the High AMP H_AMP fan header instead.

Guessing here is when all the fans run full speed it'll overload the header and the motherboard restart for protection or something.

1 hour ago, str8_an94baller said:

You sure that CPU pin 2 is not overloaded? The typical spec for the fan connector is around 12w (12v, 1amps).

Might want to move all the fans to the High AMP H_AMP fan header instead.

Guessing here is when all the fans run full speed it'll overload the header and the motherboard restart for protection or something.

You can't control the fans with the T-sensor on some of the headers.

Only the signal pins are used on the board. They are daisy chained and monitor only one of the fan's RPMs. The power is supplied direct from the PSU

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-splitter-4-fan-pwm-extended

Cheers :)

16 hours ago, munternet said:

You can't control the fans with the T-sensor on some of the headers.

Only the signal pins are used on the board. They are daisy chained and monitor only one of the fan's RPMs. The power is supplied direct from the PSU

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-splitter-4-fan-pwm-extended

Cheers :)

Interesting, I didn't know this.

I am using 3 set of fans (top, rear, bottom) on my Apex, all Gentle Typhoon 2150 PWM daisy chained to 3 fans. I don't have the issue that you're running into.

Perhaps a full reset of the bios is advisable?

On 9/2/2020 at 2:18 PM, str8_an94baller said:

Interesting, I didn't know this.

I am using 3 set of fans (top, rear, bottom) on my Apex, all Gentle Typhoon 2150 PWM daisy chained to 3 fans. I don't have the issue that you're running into.

Perhaps a full reset of the bios is advisable?

Problem solved :)

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the effort, it kind of led me in the right direction

Turns out something in the CPU portion of my overclock was causing the problem

I started with minimal settings and it worked fine. Changed to the old overclock and another freeze. There is a setting there somewhere with a conflict but I'm not sure which one but it's working fine without it.

18 hours ago, munternet said:

Problem solved :)

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the effort, it kind of led me in the right direction

Turns out something in the CPU portion of my overclock was causing the problem

I started with minimal settings and it worked fine. Changed to the old overclock and another freeze. There is a setting there somewhere with a conflict but I'm not sure which one but it's working fine without it.

glad to know that it worked out

A friend with the 0088 bios has different settings than me but also is having the bios freezing when trying to access Q-fan (F6) in the bios so it seems it is a thing.

All he changed was boot>csm> PCI-E>UEFI and that was enough to cause it.

He got the bios from me so I'm wondering if it's on my end?

I might re-download and try again.

Edited by munternet

Maybe some people with more experience can help me. One time my 10900k can do legacy 03  7100 with 1.74v without problems and can do 6.9Ghz 10c/18t 06. Second time cpu can do 06 but can't do 03 on 7100. Try with higher and lover Vcore change, PLL bandwidth, PLL voltage from 1.6 to 1.65 nothing help. First test when CPU can do 7100 03 use gts 450 and second time when crash 7100 use radeon VII card

Edited by d0minat0r

I am having trouble using the other bios. I pressed the bios select switch and then the bios led indicator will switch positions right? In my case, when I press start, it's not even booting. I have also tried with the bios flashback, but it still does not turn on on the second bios. Anything I'm doing wrong?

On 9/7/2020 at 6:45 PM, sweepersc said:

I am having trouble using the other bios. I pressed the bios select switch and then the bios led indicator will switch positions right? In my case, when I press start, it's not even booting. I have also tried with the bios flashback, but it still does not turn on on the second bios. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Have you tried loading defaults in the bios, exit and shutdown and then use it? 

Or pressing the CLEAR CMOS on the back of the MB/with power off. Then power back on and hit the bios select and it should change and then press start to boot. If that doesn't work someone is wrong with your board.

I know there is some setting that if you change in the bios it won't let the bios select button work that is why I usually just do the 2nd method I listed if I want to change between each bios.

Edited by bscool

14 hours ago, bscool said:

Have you tried loading defaults in the bios, exit and shutdown and then use it? 

Or pressing the CLEAR CMOS on the back of the MB/with power off. Then power back on and hit the bios select and it should change and then press start to boot. If that doesn't work someone is wrong with your board.

I know there is some setting that if you change in the bios it won't let the bios select button work that is why I usually just do the 2nd method I listed if I want to change between each bios.

Thanks man, it is a board problem then ?

On 9/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, mattfleg said:

hi guys, how is y'all?

with the 0707 bios out and allowing voltage above 2.0v is that better/worse than the modded bios' in OP?

also, when installing windows 7 ps2 mouse n kb work in bios but not during windows install... anybody else?

Have you enabled csm?