HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Maximus XII Apex

6 minutes ago, GtiJason said:

I don't think so, I removed the patches from it tho and you can have it for the low price of 0.000001 ¢ents if you'd like

0088no_Ucode.CAP 32 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks man, I grabbed the 0088 couple days ago and just started reading about the patches, I see there is a few other bios versions with noucode...didn't know if the 0088  has already had them removed. I guess not hey

• Like 1

@FireKillerGR Do you have a direct link to the MMTool thingy? I need to modify a bios to remove the ucode as there is not already a fixed bios.

Edit: I got it elsewhere. Here is a version of the Maximus XII Extreme 0098 bios that I removed the ucode from. I'll be testing a modded z490 dark kp bios tonight.

0098_noucode.CAP

Edited by Sparky's__Adventure

On 9/17/2020 at 12:42 AM, Sparky's__Adventure said:

@FireKillerGR Do you have a direct link to the MMTool thingy? I need to modify a bios to remove the ucode as there is not already a fixed bios.

Edit: I got it elsewhere. Here is a version of the Maximus XII Extreme 0098 bios that I removed the ucode from. I'll be testing a modded z490 dark kp bios tonight.

0098_noucode.CAP 32 MB · 3 downloads

AMI Aptivo V wtf there name is against it being shared last I heard but... you can find it through Win-Raid, Revlay's Mod Tool or in CoffeeTime

On 9/18/2020 at 9:49 PM, GTI-R said:

What is being talked about?
It isn't understood at all.

bios without ucode (Spectre/Meltdown MCode stuff) for certain benchmarks like Super Pi 32m on Win XP

See Firekiller/OGS post on page 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:09 AM, GtiJason said:

All good on my end, but here it is. Just DL'd it from above link haha

prob my machine while i was trying to oc. sorry i mixed you up with hand-held-translator-bloke.  thats gotta be hard ... at both ends of the convo.. onya

On 9/23/2020 at 5:09 AM, GtiJason said:

anyone got the story on the  "cant open AsIO.sys (2)" when trying to use TurboV core in win XP. Im using the Win XP posted in this thread thus plain vanilla. I have tried the TurboV core version 1.05.03beta and 1.10.072. This both on standard bios and the OC bioses listed in the top post. (with or without ucode).

Seem to be getting the same error in Win 7...

The Tool works great but not covering BCLK which is a bummer when the OC bioses are locked to 100Mhz (tried higher but that always give 03 error when booting.)

am sure its something simply but after 2 days;-) I still dont find it.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:50 AM, marco.is.not.80 said:

With BIOS 0088 and txp 4, ppd 0 and tcke 0 I get an amazing 39.4 ms latency score. Before someone says that sucks please realize I'm getting this with dual ranked 2x16Gb DIMMs. See below:

aida64_2020-07-21_13-38-18.png.102bcf9a05517a552586a6675361d427.png

These are 24/7 memtested settings and even with a fairly high CL of 16 and CR of 2T I still manage to get 39.4 - sweet. Thanks Sparky and Asus team!

a lot of benchs wil benefit from the dual ranked config. 

On 10/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, noizemaker said:

ive experienced something funny on 2 chips.. one goes 00 on fullpot but -180c works for booting.. very annoying :P
the other one goes 55 memory related after a certain time of fullpot/heavy load.. dunny why

Experienced that too at one point. Found a solution? Heard reflashing the bios helps.