HWBOT Community Forums

Lucky_n00b - Radeon RX 6800 XT @ 2650/2000MHz - 47932 marks 3DMark - Fire Strike

Lucky_n00b

Some notes:

- 2650Mhz is the boost setting applied from Performance Tuning panel, not the real clock during load (GPU is power-limited)

- Tesselation modified, Not 3DMark Hall of Fame valid (valid score with similar setup around 45K - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24052851

- It's rather difficult managing the cold bug on the 2-CCD CPU, this one lost the GPU (d6 error) and generally having errors at -100C, changing FCLK to lower doesn't help, not sure exactly what's holding it back

-It's been a LONG time since we saw an AMD CPU and GPU on any of the 3DMark, this is refreshing :) 

Edited by Lucky_n00b
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rauf said:

Btw, I wonder why it is so strong in FS but not so strong in TS etc. Compared to other benchmarks and games it seems unnaturally strong in FS.

Yes, it was weird to me too, even with Tess ON, the default score is close to 50K Graphics on the 6800 XT. TS and PR is pretty OK, but not this strong.

On raster-based games it was around 3080-level, not 3090. (On DXR games beating 2080 Ti FE by small percentage,but still behind 3080 by a decent margin)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dancop said:

Holy shit! Now wait for 6900xt!

Might it be even stronger?

Assuming performance still scales with added 11% more CU (6900XT has 80CU), it might. But I'm not sure how much we can gain in this 'less' intense load like Fire Strike 1080p, 6900XT would likely be more power-limited too and would not be strange if we only find single-digit percentage gain.

1 hour ago, rbuass said:

Does the FSE and FSU also great performance (higher resolution)?

Best wishes

It is quite fast in FSU (stock Graphics Score on FSU was around 12500, default driver setting and Tesselation on), it's decent but not yet beating custom 3090 I guess

6800XT_RESULT_1_3DMARK_FSU-1280x676.jpg