HWBOT Community Forums

The official ASUS Open Overclocking Cup 2013 thread.

slamms

Two massive fails by my favorite computing company with this. First, in excluding the US from at least running it's own version if excluded worldwide participation. Second, for alienating half of their users by not giving AMD and Intel CPU's their own divisions. It's fine if YOU don't like AMD as a consumer- but if you are going to base half your lineup around their chips, accommodation should be given to those who purchase them from you.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, in excluding the US from at least running it's own version if excluded worldwide participation.

What IF someone asked, but didn't make a good enough business case for it? If anyone wants something from a company, they have to ask the right questions, at the right time, to the right people, with the right words.

This is why I have no sponsors :D I do not have this skill.

What IF someone asked, but didn't make a good enough business case for it? If anyone wants something from a company, they have to ask the right questions, at the right time, to the right people, with the right words.

just say "Who wants to sponsor the the crazy Scottish sock puppet" ? :P

:D

Roman and Nico are pushing amazingly zombie Titan :)

Thanks for you support and the awesome titan mod thread btw :)

der8auer, awesome!!! Waiting results :)

Thanks :) I will rebench tomorrow. We had a lot of trouble until we noticed that we didnt properly fit in the SATA cable and killed our windows 2 times :D

der8auer #1? -)

What's that black thing you use to insulate the back of the card?

That's LiquidTape. You can find it here: http://www.der8auer.com

der8auer, Nice setup..and zombie titan..:D

top 5 maybe?

aiming for top 9 like everybody else haha :D

I don't know who made the final call on this one, but it still is a fail by Asus for not having the person in place who is competent enough to argue the business case. The company is free to do whatever it wants, but I'm just letting them know as a consumer, my reaction is certainly helping the business case for why it might be a bad idea to exclude a huge group of users who are very brand loyal to you at this point. The "private businesses can do whatever they think makes the best business sense"" is exactly right, but so is the connected idea that "but if it upsets their target market, they won't be able to afford to keep doing it that way very long".

We tested many CPU: 100-200 pcs, don't know exactly, but i am never seen CPU which don't like high voltage. But 2 my teammates has same chips.

CPU is quite at its limit. Funny tho that I can't go higher than 1,82 Volt. Once I use 1,825 Volt or above it results in a BSOD

[HWBOT=2377814]submission[/HWBOT]

I only tested 10 or so pieces and I found a couple of chips that didn't like high voltage. My first chip was like that, took us hours to tune for stability as I didn't know what was going on. Then realised the chip didn't like high voltage.

@ Stavros: 6805 is absolute maximum for 1M so 32M is not that far. Maybe I can push another 20-30 MHz but not more.

Here's my 3D so far. No vMem mod done and had issues with the memory when card was cold. Will try again tomorrow to see whether it can do more if it's modded.

[HWBOT=2378044]submission[/HWBOT]

[HWBOT=2378047]submission[/HWBOT]

slamms

Can you please post Asus GTX Titan xtreme OC bios with 300% power limit?

Used here for example:

http://HWBOT.org/submission/2377420_

Because BIOS available at Coldslow and Coldbug VGA BIOS collection thread uses NVIDIA subvendor - cannot be edited/used in competition.

I am not sure about power limit, but this BIOS working is very well. Can you try this one?

http://oclab.ru/Mods/Titan/XOC3.rom