HWBOT Community Forums

MOA 2013 Discussion

Vivi

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This for class B, benches changed from prelim, and rule say any 1155 cpu 3570 or lower, 3770 not allowed.... so 2600/2700 being prior gen, should be allowed...

2600K is not lower than 3570K... is higher.

Also according this way of view, GTX 480 is lower than GTX560 cuz is older... and it's not truth.

In my way of view, 2600K must be not allowed, and is so far stronger to many benchs, but its not my decision.

2600K is not lower than 3570K... is higher.

That's kind of an odd assessment, since probably even the worst 3570K will likely run 6GHz and the absolute very best 2600K is between 5.9-6GHz

Regardless, it seems everyone wants a final answer from someone so they can make their final preparation plans.

That's kind of an odd assessment, since probably even the worst 3570K will likely run 6GHz and the absolute very best 2600K is between 5.9-6GHz

3570K > Spi, 3dM01, 3dm03, 3dm05 ...

2600K > Vantage, 3dM11, Fire Strike, Cinebench ...

It depends the benchmark... so... it not be considered better or no.

I bough a decent 3570K to try the finals, and if is allow to the semi finals, one more time, will need to look for OTHER CPU.

How can you compare 2600K to 3570K, if the benchmark is 3DMark11, or maybe Fire Strike?

I disagree to change rules after the competition, it mean that the overclockers that never asked or used before, now, want to enjoy the incomplete rules as help.

Please Hwbot keep the reason, and let the overclockers use the same weapons allowed before.

DON'T FORGET, 2600K AND 2700K IS CORE I7 AND 3570K IS CORE I5, AND HAVE NO HT TO HELP

gsyq.png

I7>I5

4C/8T > 4C/4T

8 MB > 6MB

95 > 77

Edited by Schenckel bros

Regardless I consider 2600K higher than 3570K to MOA benchmarks, and rules may have dual interpretation, they are clear.

2600K should be allowed.

Rbauss why do you even care what happens in B Class, you have all ready secured your self a ticket it makes me wonder why you have such a vested interest in not allowing a 2600/2700K.

Everyone else has/is securing a nice Sandy as it will be the winning setup, not sure why you expect it would be any different.

• Crew
Hold off on buying EPowers for this competition. I received an email earlier today that might mean they are disallowed.

More info today.

daaamit already bought EVBOTS.

ok this will be interesting, titan roasting or what are we gonna do :<.

is PCB modding allowed like using matrix platinum 7970 to zombie?

Got to say, it would make it more fair for people that don't have access to an Epower or has no dead high-end cards laying around, and also don't have the opportunity to mess with a Titan or such, without it ruining their warrenty and maybe losing $1k. You can read all this as: they who don't have massive sponsorship.