HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2013 thread.

Massman

It seems like you don't see a lot of points.

If you're the rules-hero here you should know about this part:

The submissions only have a different version which does not affect the final score so there is no reason at all to block them. Even if they are against the rules. Those competitions are for fun and there is absolutely no reason to disappoint so many people for no reason.

No reason ?!? you showing me example with general rules when same rules says very simple that 1.0 is not alowed and you admit u never know this calling this minor mistake. So it looks like rules apply only for me and all ppl that follow em and not for you and other that dont that elaphant$hit!

No reason ?!? you showing me example with general rules when same rules says very simple that 1.0 is not alowed and you admit u never know this calling this minor mistake. So it looks like rules apply only for me and all ppl that follow em and not for you and other that dont that elaphant$hit!

People using v1.1 did not have any disadvantage so there is nothing to complain about. It would be different if 1.0 scores higher.

I can't help if you did not manage to submit 3/3 results. But I really disrespect the behavior of reporting submissions just to go up in the ranking yourself. End of this discussion for me now.

• Crew

Probably the most of you dont remember anymore but we had a similar situation back in TeamCup 2012. After Competition ended someone reported a score from us. Till this moment we were 1st but than HWBot showed us how mean things can be. Short story: a teammate submitted a fb-dimm ram validation with an ES CPU. While we all agree that old ES hardware, especially in this specific case, had nothing to do with the score, it still got blocked.

Now looking at this discussion, I wish we had someone back than who also said: I approve your result because the rule is in this specific case non sense.

Just think about this and tell me its ok to make exceptions for some people and for some not. Im fine with any decision as I dont care who wins. And even if I know we won, because of some non sense bulls...., victory would have be a very bitter taste.

This is just something about HWBots credibility.

• Administrators

Tell me more about explicit rules :D

http://www.hwbot.org/news/9044_application_51_rules/

P.S. Btw, can someone link me the es rule? I found cloud gate with 2 clicks from startpage but cannot find anything about es apart from general rules where is stated that these are allowed for pro oc... - must be my bad searching skill

Edited by websmile

• Crew
No ES is an explicit and well known rule, not the same scenario at all

Old ES hardware is allowed for getting points in general. So this rule seems not to be that explicit ...

Its just completely forbidden in competitions for no reason. Now imagine he didnt red the rules page back than because he was confident he made nothing illegal....

Doesnt that sound similar to you?

Funny that schenckel bros was persecuted the other day for using wrong version of system info or completely disabling for a bench using w8.1 and the argument was that it has been clearly posted in some thread, somewhere.

There are a tonn of different cases and I'm pretty sure you guys are sometimes also happy that we investigate each case individually. In the case above the result can be tricked without the correct system info on Windows 8. However the Cloud Gate results are the same on v1.0 and v1.1 using single GPU.

Tell me more about explicit rules :D

http://www.hwbot.org/news/9044_application_51_rules/

P.S. Btw, can someone link me the es rule? I found cloud gate with 2 clicks from startpage but cannot find anything about es apart from general rules where is stated that these are allowed for pro oc... - must be my bad searching skill

http://hwbot.org/competition/country_cup_2013/stage/1158_superpi_32m_low_clock_challenge/

Stage limitations:

Engineering samples and hardware released after November 1 are not allowed

Edited by der8auer

Well this wasn't what I expected to wake up to on Christmas Morning.

I would think that this would of turned out a different way if there had not been a hwbot moderator included in the removal of the scores.

I think this person being involved in the discussion helped to decide that the scores be added back.

Never the less congrats to all.

Going forward, how are we able to enforce rules when this rule was broken but then allowed?

Merry Christmas Hwbot

Hey guys,

Someone just mailed me to say there is a difference between the stage end time and the cup end time. The cup was originally supposed to end on the 27th noon GMT (24h from now), but the Cup was configured to the 28th (48h). I've re-aligned the stage and Cup to the 28th. So you might have an extra 24 hours to get the score.

Sorry for the inconvenience - hope it didn't ruin anyone's sandbag plans.

Hey guys,

Someone just mailed me to say there is a difference between the stage end time and the cup end time. The cup was originally supposed to end on the 27th noon GMT (24h from now), but the Cup was configured to the 28th (48h). I've re-aligned the stage and Cup to the 28th. So you might have an extra 24 hours to get the score.

Sorry for the inconvenience - hope it didn't ruin anyone's sandbag plans.

Oh Thank God. The LN2 is coming a bit late so I was worried. It's okay now, can sleep for today :)